Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I actually believe the rumors of a fourth Crisis story, as everything we do know that's going on in the next two years in Justice League would line up perfectly with such a scenario. Further I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis' big cosmic plans focusing on Superman in regards to the DCU at large may actually eventually tie in to what Snyder's doing in JL. Kinda like how what Hal will be doing on his own looks like its going to tie-in. It could all coalesce together in the end. That said, it likely will not result in a reboot of the main line. That's been steadfastly denied. I think the plot will more have to do with SAVING things as they are, as opposed to changing it. And utilizing the multiverse in a new way on top of that. But in any case, whatever it constitutes I highly doubt it will render Bendis's run moot or anything like that so I wouldn't worry about getting invested if it does call to you.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-30-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm taking the rumor of another Crisis event with a grain of salt. It may be that there will be something like that happening in the future but I doubt very seriously that they will try completely rebooting things again any time soon.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That said, it likely will not result in a reboot of the main line. That's been steadfastly denied. I think the plot will more have to do with SAVING things as they are, as opposed to changing it. And utilizing the multiverse in a new way on top of that.
    Agreed. Though I'm guessing it's Tom King's Crisis Center story. I'd say he's do for his Big line-wide story same as Snyder, Morrison, and Johns before him.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

We’re definitely getting another event in the near future, but I do not believe it will reboot continuity again.

Who's the redhead though?

Spectacular Member

Really solid opening..Bendis nailed the characters showed, i think he suits solo books much better than team books imo, he definitely gets Superman, hopefully his run will remain this good.

Her name's Melody Moore, the new Deputy Fire Chief.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

So, this is weekly huh? Neat. It'll read much better without the month-month wait.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    So, this is weekly huh? Neat. It'll read much better without the month-month wait.
    Man of Steel's weekly, Action and the relaunched Superman spinning out of this are both monthly.
    Buh-bye

Despite liking Bendis, I was worried about him taking over Superman. Tomasi and Jurgens were doing a great job and I didn't want that to change but here we are, I thought the issue was awesome, Bendis gets Clark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This is the most I've enjoyed a new Superman comic in a VERY long time. As long as the quality remains consistent, I will be happy to see where this goes. Moore seems like a fun new civilian character, we always need more of those.

The only negative is a minor one. Is that Killer Moth's Rebirth design? it's stupid and I hate it.
    Its his New 52 design which is indeed stupid.

I am loving Bendis’ voice for Superman! He’s witty but not overly jokey and still captures the classic “nice guy” Superman attitude. His dialogue with Firefly and Killer Moth made me smile. From the previews I really thought I would be bored to death by the new bad guy but after this issue I’m very intrigued with his story. Just an excellent start to the Bendis era!

Astonishing Member

I've been critical of Bendis the last few years with his stuff Marvel stuff. However, from his very first interview regarding his run on Superman, I've been confident that he was going to bring his A game. While it is still early, THIS is the Bendis of old. The writing ticks that have plagued his Marvel work these past few years were absent from this.

In one issue Bendis has established strong voices for each character. His Superman especially which was a mixture of charism, charm and confidence wrapped up in a godlike visage that suits why he is viewed as a saviour. Everybody from the emergency services to the people he saves, even Killer Moth and Firefly, are in awe of him. Bendis exploration of Superman's powers was also insightful and just further enforced how much he nails the character and GETS him.

I loved the few threads he set up in this issue: The Circle and Rogol Zaar's history with Krypton, the mystery behind the arsons in Metropolis and the fate of Jon and Lois. This issue was a breeze to read. Props go to the entire creative team for putting it together. Shall see how it goes, but this was very promising and I can't wait for the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I've been critical of Bendis the last few years with his stuff Marvel stuff. However, from his very first interview regarding his run on Superman, I've been confident that he was going to bring his A game. While it is still early, THIS is the Bendis of old. The writing ticks that have plagued his Marvel work these past few years were absent from this.

In one issue Bendis has established strong voices for each character. His Superman especially which was a mixture of charism, charm and confidence wrapped up in a godlike visage that suits why he is viewed as a saviour. Everybody from the emergency services to the people he saves, even Killer Moth and Firefly, are in awe of him. Bendis exploration of Superman's powers was also insightful and just further enforced how much he nails the character and GETS him.

I loved the few threads he set up in this issue: The Circle and Rogol Zaar's history with Krypton, the mystery behind the arsons in Metropolis and the fate of Jon and Lois. This issue was a breeze to read. Props go to the entire creative team for putting it together. Shall see how it goes, but this was very promising and I can't wait for the next issue.
    Absolutely agreed! He did such a great job of showing why Superman is seen as a godlike savior but also made him seem so human, humble, and just so damn likable.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    For anyone wondering, the song Superman couldn't remember was Siouxsie And The Banshees - The Passenger. Bendis confirmation https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...31713918844928

He says it'd be playing at the end credits of the comic. That seems suggestive of something interesting given the ending.
    It’s actually an Iggy Pop song. It was covered by Siouxsie and the Banshees. Both are great versions.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-31-2018 at 12:48 AM.

nothing earth shattering but a really good start nonetheless and I like his voice for Supes.