Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    as far as i know taylor doesn't like jott or jogan, this was probably editorial mandated.
    I dodn't think so. On Red so far there wasn't any mention of Scott, and with Rosenberg writing the other annual I don't really see the need of editorial making him do it. Taylor is not the guy that do whatever editorial wants him to do, he doesn't need it

It was not bad but it was not half of what I expected or would like.

Marvel made a big mistake throwing this after Red started.

I'm extremely happy that they gave Jean and Rachel some time was afraid they would ignore her again. In a way the writer himself admitted that things have always been difficult between them.Although using telepathy is efficient to save time by not to use words ends up taking all the emotional weight that the scene could have but I was happy to see the two having fun together .

I really liked the scene where Jean feels good about being with the two daughters of the people she loved most in life. Fans usually fight and create endless discussions about Scott, Logan, Emma and Jean and I'm sure it will not be different this time but people need to understand that just because something did not work does not mean that the feelings were false. Jean loved Scott and Logan and Scott loved Jean and Emma and with it all good or bad feelings are true.

Talking about Laura this issue show why she and Gabby are with Jean in Red but personally missed Jean talking to Bobby, Storm or Beast.

Now about BB and Jean this does not surprise me after all marvel is trying to heal the wounds as it happens after every event of heroes vs heroes. Jean forgive BB is not something I disapprove after all that is part of her but I will never accept that it was an accident. Quite the contrary BB detonated a bomb with an alien substance that changed the lives of several people against his will and killed many others including Scott will never forget it.

Finally Jean learned about the last years and the fights between heroes and how the world still hates mutants. And she wants to change that as Scott tried before died. I hope that X-men Red and Jean can have some success where their friends failed even if they are small victories.

The art is horrible but I've seen worse.

Rank 7 of 10.
    Last edited by Knives; 05-30-2018 at 07:49 AM.

This thread is a perfect example of why I don't comment as much as before.

The annual was fun, the art wasn't. I wish she would have interacted with other people than Laura-Gabby-Honey garbage.

I like that I now have expensive toilet paper after buying this book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It was not bad but it was not half of what I expected or would like.

Marvel made a big mistake throwing this after Red started.

I'm extremely happy that they gave Jean and Rachel some time was afraid they would ignore her again. In a way the writer himself admitted that things have always been difficult between them.Although using telepathy is efficient to save time by not to use words ends up taking all the emotional weight that the scene could have but I was happy to see the two having fun together .

I really liked the scene where Jean feels good about being with the two daughters of the people she loved most in life. Fans usually fight and create endless discussions about Scott, Logan, Emma and Jean and I'm sure it will not be different this time but people need to understand that just because something did not work does not mean that the feelings were false. Jean loved Scott and Logan and Scott loved Jean and Emma and with it all good or bad feelings are true.

Talking about Laura this issue show why she and Gabby are with Jean in Red but personally missed Jean talking to Bobby, Storm or Beast.

Now about BB and Jean this does not surprise me after all the marvel is trying to heal the wounds as it happens after every event of heroes vs heroes. Jean forgive BB is not something I disapprove after all that is part of her but I will never accept that it was an accident. Quite the contrary BB detonated a bomb with an alien substance that changed the lives of several people against his will and killed many others including Scott will never forget it.

Finally Jean learned about the last years and the fights between heroes and how the world still hates mutants. And she wants to change that as Scott tried before she died. I hope that X-men Red and Jean can have some success where their friends failed even if they are small victories.

The art is horrible but I've seen worse.

Rank 7 of 10.
    The biggest problem with Black Bolt remains that the entire plot was built on a retcon in the first place. It was VERY well-established that Terrigen Mists were harmful to mutants when Quicksilver tried to use it them restore depowered mutants after M-Day. There's no way BB would NOT have known that releasing the mists over the entire planet would put mutants and risk.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    I like that I now have expensive toilet paper after buying this book.
    this is hilarious lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    This was very poor. I did not appreciate her condescension toward Illyana Rasputin. Jean never knew her. And going around demanding people personally apologize to her is the most suburban mom thing ever.
    Wait, when did this happen? All we saw was that Jean sensed shame from Illyana, we don't know why Yana felt shame but Jean showed her kindness. There was nothing condescending about that and she never went around demanding that people (not named Black Bolt) apologize for anything.

BANNED

Did Jean ever apologize or feel shame regarding her own genocide?

Astonishing Member

Unus the Untuchable died from being exposed to terrigen mists by Pietro (he was later resurrected with no explanation in Spiderman and the X-Men). The mists made his force field so strong light and air couldnt pass through it, so he choked to death. Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak etc, all saw that happen, they were searching for Pietro.

When Pietro exposed Callisto to terrigen mists, her supersenses got out of control, and even the sensation of rain touching her skin made her hurt.

I didnt really like this much. I think Phoenix Resurrection in a way made more sense than this (the characters that appeared in the book). I also think Jean reads a bit like someone who thinks she is a holy saint with a holy mission who enters people´s minds at will or something like that. She seems less human than the two times she was a Phoenix host.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The biggest problem with Black Bolt remains that the entire plot was built on a retcon in the first place. It was VERY well-established that Terrigen Mists were harmful to mutants when Quicksilver tried to use it them restore depowered mutants after M-Day. There's no way BB would NOT have known that releasing the mists over the entire planet would put mutants and risk.
    True I remember that this was one of the main arguments used that were ignored.

It is important to show that Jean is willing to overcome their personal feelings for the death of Scott for something bigger and more important than feeding resentments. But for readers the plot had many holes which ended up burning the Inhumans more than the marvel could imagine.

Also let's not forget Emma's role in this story which I know Jean must already be aware of. Cyclops's death is BB's fault but I imagine Jean could blame Emma for the way Scott's legacy was affected in DoX and IvX by Emma's manipulation.

And let's not forget Jean's meeting his version of the past (O5) that was also off and could have been addressed here.

Anyway it was a good read but could have been much more epic.

Thought this was fantastic, even if the art left a lot to be desired.

Jean's essentially taking on Scott's mission in Red, to change the world, so I'm glad that was acknowledged. Now we can see Jean go beyond what Scott could do- mainly because she hasn't been the figurehead that had to take on all criticism, but also because they have very different personalities; Scott takes criticism, bc he feels he deserves it, so it sticks, where Jean is a lot harder to pin down, she's a lot more confident and self-sure than Scott.

I think the thing with this issue and, really, the first thing I noticed, is that it's not the story it had to be. It's better for it, but there was a big gap and mysteries left unsolved in the moments between the end of Jean Grey's solo, Phoenix Resurrection and Red. A meeting with young Jean would probably need too many pages for something that just wouldn't have been as interesting as her other moments of reconnection.

Good to see Jean meeting Wolverine and Honey Badger, makes the flow into Red that much nicer, but the meeting with Rachel was the real highlight. It read as someone who doesn't really know a lot about their relationship so just had to wing it, but it worked. Also seems like it sets up Rachel for an antagonistic role in Red, which is exciting. Taylor hits some really nice emotional beats throughout the issue, culminating with her "reunion" with Scott. It makes for a very nice read.

I was disappointed that we only got two new books this week, but honestly they've both been utterly fantastic, so I'm happy. Quality, not quantity,

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I confess that I am quite surprised that she is at all upset that Cyclops is dead.

not sure what to make of rachel here. her eyes seem to be going off in different directions and she doesn't really say much. i haven't been following gold, but she seems a bit off.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Her response to Chad suggests to me that it is too early for her to take on any leadership responsibilities. She needs therapy. Her experiences have been traumatic. Right now, she is on a hair trigger, pretending to mourn a man that she never truly loved and who betrayed her.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Did Jean ever apologize or feel shame regarding her own genocide?
    Was her or a copy of Phoenix?

And there is a big difference in being possessed by a cosmic entity and having your mind manipulated by a villain and use an alien chemical bomb to turn people into an army because of a prophecy .

But all this is behind BB apologized and although can not forgive him or the Inhumans at this time it is good to know that Jean and the X-mens are moving forward IvX.