Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Green meets Yellow as Dick Tracy meets the Green Hornet....

Given that Dynamite Entertainment is publishing his new adventures, I thought Green Hornet fans would like to see him clash and meet with another famous officer of the law... the guy in yellow and wears a wrist wizard...Dick Tracy.

No joke check out today’s Dick Tracy comic strip... http://www.gocomics.com/dicktracy/2018/04/10

BANNED

Looks like today’s comic strip gives us readers the purpose of this adventure: http://www.gocomics.com/dicktracy/2018/04/11

BANNED

When two legends meet in today's Dick Tracy: http://www.gocomics.com/dicktracy/2018/04/17

Got to admit, this seems a bit too s--l--o--w to me reading the one single comic strip on-line on a daily basis.

Much different than reading several different comic strips at a time each day in a newspaper (which I use to do back-in-the-day many, many years ago).

I'm probably better off taking a break and then binge-reading a bunch of episodes in a week or two.

BANNED

I know it’s a struggle trying to read comic strips everyday, but Today’s Dick Tracy gives us the reason last why the Green Hornet is in Dick Tracy’s territory: http://www.gocomics.com/dicktracy/2018/04/20

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I know it’s a struggle trying to read comic strips everyday, . . .
    Actually, I don't think it would be as much of a "struggle" if I was reading them in the traditional format where several different strips are printed in a newspaper.
    But reading a single, isolated strip one day at a time on a computer monitor doesn't really work for me. (I also don't normally read comic books or "regular" books on electronic devices, either. Still a preference/prejudice in favor of cold, hard paper.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, I don't think it would be as much of a "struggle" if I was reading them in the traditional format where several different strips are printed in a newspaper.
    But reading a single, isolated strip one day at a time on a computer monitor doesn't really work for me. (I also don't normally read comic books or "regular" books on electronic devices, either. Still a preference/prejudice in favor of cold, hard paper.)

Believe me I can understand where you’re coming from as I too miss the old days of comic strips newspapers across America.

BANNED

At last the Green Hornet appears in this storyline: http://www.gocomics.com/dicktracy/2018/04/22

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have been enjoying reading DICK TRACY again.
    Also cool seeing Green Hornet.

BANNED

Found today’s Sunday Dick Tracy a bit interesting and it makes me wonder if this could be imputed into future Green Hornet stories: http://www.gocomics.com/dicktracy/2018/04/29

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Found today’s Sunday Dick Tracy a bit interesting and it makes me wonder if this could be imputed into future Green Hornet stories: http://www.gocomics.com/dicktracy/2018/04/29
    If you mean the possibility of Lenore Case becoming a "female-Kato" who goes by "Red Wasp", I doubt it.
    In the comic book stories, the idea of a female in the Kato-type role has been done before, though the female was related to Kato himself. And in the 1990s Green Hornet comics from NOW, the female Kato was eventually turned into a character called the "Crimson Wasp".

See: http://community.comicbookresources....is-GH!!!/page2

I'd recommend using a blog or website of your own as a portal.
    Just make links to the 20 or so comics you want to read, then just right click them and open in a new tab.
    Then simply bookmark the portal page, or make it one of your home pages.

For example:
    Dick Tracy
    Ripley's Believe it Or Not!
    Tarzan
    Mutt & Jeff
    Marmaduke
    Garfield
    Frank & Ernest
    Andy Capp
    Barney Google & Snuffy Smith
    Beetle Bailey
    Blondie
    Dennis the Menace
    Family Circus
    Flash Gordon
    Hägar the Horrible
    Hi & Lois
    The Lockhorns
    Mandrake the Magician
    Mark Trail
    Mary Worth
    The Phantom
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

If you mean the possibility of Lenore Case becoming a "female-Kato" who goes by "Red Wasp", I doubt it.
    In the comic book stories, the idea of a female in the Kato-type role has been done before, though the female was related to Kato himself. And in the 1990s Green Hornet comics from NOW, the female Kato was eventually turned into a character called the "Crimson Wasp".

See: http://community.comicbookresources....is-GH!!!/page2
    Well I never knew that. Thanks for telling me this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'd recommend using a blog or website of your own as a portal.
    Just make links to the 20 or so comics you want to read, then just right click them and open in a new tab.
    Then simply bookmark the portal page, or make it one of your home pages.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but that's still not quite exactly what I was talking about re:reading them in an actual printed newspaper.

Also, I have no clue as to how to make a "blog". When I originally first learned to use a computer, there was no "world wide web". I learned how to do a few simple task using the Basic2 language. When I first learned "typing" back in high school, they had us using manual typewriters. And for the intro to computer programming courses (which I didn't take) in college, they still made use of decks of punch cards back when I was a freshman. I've learned how to do various things on computers through jobs / by experimenting / by accident, but that was more of a "monkey see - monkey do" training.)

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's still not quite exactly what I was talking about re:reading them in an actual printed newspaper.

Also, I have no clue as to how to make a "blog". When I originally first learned to use a computer, there was no "world wide web". I learned how to do a few simple task using the Basic2 language. When I first learned "typing" back in high school, they had us using manual typewriters. And for the intro to computer programming courses (which I didn't take) in college, they still made use of decks of punch cards back when I was a freshman. I've learned how to do various things on computers through jobs / by experimenting / by accident, but that was more of a "monkey see - monkey do" training.)
    Here's a portal someone made with most of them on it.
    That may be helpful.
    You could just bookmark that site for the time being until a better alternative comes along.

Btw... I kind sort of relate. When I watch mysteries, especially British ones, I turn the color off on my tv.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 05-01-2018 at 09:45 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.