Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Ravin' Ray!

Really Love the Roller Derby Theme, Great Artwork and Great showing of some of my Favorites like Medusa and She-Hulk in such a unique element and style!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

nx01a a classic!

icctrombone: a personal classic when I was a kid : that story blew my mind back then!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I vote Abe!

Ok, so it turns out I am able to do the tally, so here goes. Lots of great entries, thank you to everyone participating.

lots of folks garnering at least 1 vote...

with 1 vote each: Paul Bullion, Super-Cooper, Foxley, Major Hoy, a.non, The Dark KnightDetective, and icctrombone.

with 2 votes each: mrp, Chad H., and Abe

our runner up, with 5 votes: nx01a

and our new heavyweight champion of the contest, winning by knockout with a whopping 9 votes for his derby girls, Ravin' Ray!

Congrats oh Ravin' one.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Wow! Thanks all for the massive vote, I never expected to get so many.

I'm out of town doing a consultancy with teachers so I'm using someone else's laptop, but when I get back home I'll post the new contest. I already have a theme in mind.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Congrats, Ray! That was quite the slam dunk win!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Major Congrats Ravin' Ray, Excellent Find and as a bonus you Reminded us just how COOL the A-Force Covers All where, Thanks!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Way to go, Ray! Thanks also to Bryan for voting for my cover.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Ravin' Ray!

Really Love the Roller Derby Theme, Great Artwork and Great showing of some of my Favorites like Medusa and She-Hulk in such a unique element and style!
    Thanks CJStriker! Fun fact: I was going to post that Avengers Academy cover but then remembered at the last minute that Mark Brooks drew a roller derby variant cover for A-Force and posted that instead. And speaking of the sport, as a child I never could figure out how it was actually played. I see these women skating round a rink elbowing others and I'm like, what the heck is going on? Up to now, I still haven't watched a full game. Maybe it's about time I did it on YouTube.

And, the new contest is now up here. Hope everyone has fun with it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations, Ray.

You should check out some of those games. Roller Derby was sort of like wrestling. At times they played the game "straight" but then they would get more "theatrical". There were two leagues, one that held the trademark Roller Derby from the original owner of the "league" and then there was Roller Games. They kept separate for a while but eventually merged. The one that was more like pro-wrestling, with running stories about players, feuds, etc. was Roller Games and their white hat team was the Los Angeles Thunderbirds. For Roller Derby, it was the San Francisco Bombers. I preferred it when they played it straight and didn't get into the soap opera type of continuing stories, etc. or conspiracies involving crooked referees making calls against the "good guys".

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Congrats RR. That cover is a real head turner.

Congrats to Ray, that was quite an amount of votes!

Congratulations to Ravin' Ray for a marvelous variant which mixes the power of female heroes with the excitement of a real life female sport. Shades DeVille (a fellow member of the captain's HS graduating class) would be proud.

As to the topic of what the captain has learned this week, he has realized that we need to laugh a bit. Certain juxtapositions like sports and superheroes can be funny, but also serve to knock those of us who take this stuff too seriously off our high horses. Comics are fun and if we can't relax and enjoy them, woe be unto us.

Congrats Ray! What a victory!

And thanks Stony and ChadH for the votes!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !