Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Congratulations, Ray.

You should check out some of those games. Roller Derby was sort of like wrestling. At times they played the game "straight" but then they would get more "theatrical". There were two leagues, one that held the trademark Roller Derby from the original owner of the "league" and then there was Roller Games. They kept separate for a while but eventually merged. The one that was more like pro-wrestling, with running stories about players, feuds, etc. was Roller Games and their white hat team was the Los Angeles Thunderbirds. For Roller Derby, it was the San Francisco Bombers. I preferred it when they played it straight and didn't get into the soap opera type of continuing stories, etc. or conspiracies involving crooked referees making calls against the "good guys".
    Wow...

I never knew this was a real sport... Amazing!

Thinking about it, that revelation gives a different taste to an old childhood memory:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x516upm
    Last edited by Abe; 06-06-2018 at 08:28 PM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I never saw that episode (but then I never watched the show that much) and it looks like they were at the track at the old Kezar Pavillion in San Francisco!

Oh well, too late for the FLASH cover where the hero chases a roller derby queen (going in reverse).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Oh well, too late for the FLASH cover where the hero chases a roller derby queen (going in reverse).
    It's never too late for that!

Yay, Ray!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'