Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hush is a loon.

The whole best man thing doesn't bother me, because i asked myself. Would Bruce be Dick's best man at his wedding, or would it be Wally or even Donna? (Pre-new 52 of course. Now everything is all weird).
    Well pre New 52 Jimmy Olsen was Clark's best man, right? Who was Bruce's best man in the pre crisis instances where Bruce got married? Was it Dick? Though I get that back then Dick and Bruce were much closer than they are now.

Always Rakzo

This is pretty much this week's Batman done RIGHT!

Instead of going for a bunch of awkward ideas and characterization to try to look "creative", Seeley decides to create logical character work and direction. I loved the early pages between Bruce, Clark and Dick, Seeley once again shows how much he understands Nightwing and his relationship. Best of all is the whole conflict between Dick and Hush which provides solid development to both and even goes back to the origin of Hush and hopefully will make him move past his whole envy that has been hindering for years as a villain.

Great art as well. This is how a fight for the right to be Batman's best man should be.

Fantastic issue besides Clark being the best man

Should be Grayson and it always should be

Man they have just completely ruined hush. They should have just had him die at the end of that story.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Man they have just completely ruined hush. They should have just had him die at the end of that story.
    How is he ruined, though?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

My LCS was out of this when I got there. Pretty bummed, but I'm glad this sounds good and hopefully I can pick it up during the weekend.

I'm not too bothered by Clark being the best man over Dick. I think there is a solid case to be made for both of them. As long as it's one of them, I'm satisfied. Besides, Clark is like his best bro and Dick is more his son, so I lean more towards Clark.

Holy cow that art. That was beautiful.

And enjoyable. Not necessarily memorable, but i don't think it set out to be. It was a a nice take on the modern Dick/Bruce dynamic.

BANNED

This seems like a wasted opportunity to me. I mean will we EVER get another chance for BATMAN to have a bachelor party? And it doesn't even happen, instead we just get a boring fight between Nightwing and Hush and a nice little father/son moment at the very end.

Like come on, is this really the best Seeley could come up with?

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    This seems like a wasted opportunity to me. I mean will we EVER get another chance for BATMAN to have a bachelor party? And it doesn't even happen, instead we just get a boring fight between Nightwing and Hush and a nice little father/son moment at the very end.

Like come on, is this really the best Seeley could come up with?
    Do you honestly see the REAL Batman as someone to have a typical bachelor party?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Do you honestly see the REAL Batman as someone to have a typical bachelor party?
    "Typical" is your word, not mine.

"Typical" is your word, not mine.
    Wasn't implicit?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Wasn't implicit?
    Obviously not. Hence my comment.

Obviously not. Hence my comment.
    Weird. The issue was exactly what it said it would be, sot sure why you thought it would be a no typical bachelor party?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Weird. The issue was exactly what it said it would be, sot sure why you thought it would be a no typical bachelor party?
    The issue didn't say it would be boring and completely forgettable, so no, not "exactly".

The issue didn't say it would be boring and completely forgettable, so no, not "exactly".
    We'll agree to disagree on that.