Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Good Superman characterization is a Batman comic. That alone is worth praise.
    I know, right? It's kind of sad that this is as rare a sight as it is these days.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    And because they would have stood out like sore thumbs in civilian clothes since literally everyone else at Bat Burger was in a costume.
    Yeah, plus when emergencies pop up they are already dressed for the occasion.

Wait... So Batman and Catwoman are getting married, not Bruce and Selina... How does that work?

Okay I'm loving this already.

Quote Originally Posted by Murrocko View Post
    Wait... So Batman and Catwoman are getting married, not Bruce and Selina... How does that work?
    From the small amount of googling I did, it's apparently completely legal to marry using an alias. The choice quote I found was:

You marry a person, not a name. The marriage is valid unless the use of an alias concealed facts that if known would otherwise render the marriage invalid.
    The "facts" in question here would be things like bigamy and incest, and vary by state. But, though it's definitely odd, them marrying using their alter-egos is plausible from a legal standpoint.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

it means he doesnt need a prenup
    also it allow them to be together but also free from each other

their civilian life wont change

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    it means he doesnt need a prenup
    also it allow them to be together but also free from each other

their civilian life wont change
    If I was Bruce Wayne and marrying a career thief, I'd get a prenup.

BANNED

It doesn't. Not really. It would be like marrying two dogs together. Sure it's something of a sentiment in theory, but in actuality it fails as a legal "marriage" because it doesn't meet any of the legal criteria. Batman and Catwoman aren't actual people. They're the costumes that two people wear as far as the state is concerned. I doubt they share Tom King's sentiment that Batman and Catwoman are the REAL people while Bruce and Selina are the fictions.

It will be completely and utterly symbolic and nothing more, and therefore what we realize is that this is not any kind of serious business whatsoever. It's about as much commitment as wearing a friendship ring, or changing your status to "in a relationship" on Facebook.

Incredible Member

Not just good Superman characterization, and a thematic call-back to the trio’s goofy “days off” Worlds Finest covers, but a genuine emotional moment between Bruce and Dick. This kind of brotherly affection has been missing since Grayson.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Not just good Superman characterization, and a thematic call-back to the trio’s goofy “days off” Worlds Finest covers, but a genuine emotional moment between Bruce and Dick. This kind of brotherly affection has been missing since Grayson.
    Yes the three of them shooting the shit in costume definitely reminded me of stuff like this:

WorldsFinestCover1.jpg

WorldsFinestCover2.jpg

WorldsFinestCover3.jpg

And that is pretty great. The three of them acting like the best buds they are is always refreshing, especially after years and years of Bruce being a total bitch towards both of them to varying degrees.

BANNED

It looks like a lot of fun, and there hasn't been much of that lately. I'm tired of bitchy Bat-god, too.

Well, this issue settled the argument about who is going to be the best man and it's a good choice.

If one thing I could say about this issue is how seriously pretty the art is. The plot isn't interesting and I think I will pass on the next one since neither the premise is interesting nor do I care about hipster Barbara.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Maybe it's just me, but I am sorta worried that Dick was left in the other dimension and Hush was pulled out, since he made himself look like Dick.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Dick still should have been best man I think, but we all knew it was going to be Clark. So no big surprise. DC has been pushing and positioning Clark in that role since they announced the marriage and Dick hasn't done much since then, especially in response to the marriage. So we knew what the results were going to be.

Hush is a loon.

The whole best man thing doesn't bother me, because i asked myself. Would Bruce be Dick's best man at his wedding, or would it be Wally or even Donna? (Pre-new 52 of course. Now everything is all weird).
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-06-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Fantastic Member

Great story and brilliant art. But I can't believe that DC chose Superman to be Batman's best man instead of Dick.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 06-06-2018 at 10:13 PM.