Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If I had my way she wouldn't be a princess. She would just be the very best Amazon.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member

If it were really well researched, thoughtful, and well written, I'd be interested in a "Wonder Woman first comes to the US during the Vietnam War" instead of WW II.

Spectacular Member

During the Elseworlds hey-day, I thought it would be a no-brainer to mix up Bats and Wonder Woman.

My head-canon idea was Wonder Woman: The Huntress. I'm a product of the late 70s/early 80s. And the nostalgia of reading The Huntress back up features in Wonder Woman is strong.

Thomas and Martha Wayne are vacationing in Greece with their children Bruce and Helena. Pirates, criminals, murder and a storm ensue. Helena is cast overboard but delivered to Hippolyta, who was praying for a child. She re-names the child Diana. She grows up training as an Amazon. At some point, she decides to leave and return to her world, using the few items and documents that washed ashore with her as clues.

She makes her way to Gotham City where she reunites with Bruce, who somehow managed to survive being maimed and lost at sea. His thirst for vengeance is great. He has been using the Wayne fortune to track down the people responsible for their parents murder. She reveals how she survived. She vows to become The Huntress and help bring their parents murderers to justice.

Bruce's darkness begins to concern Diana/Helena. At some point she has to stop him from going too far and saves him (and others) from himself. She then understands she must be a beacon of light and hope.

I also love the idea of a Wonder Woman/Captain America crossover during World War I. That would be awesome.

I would like a kidn of "Black label" story more than an Elseworld, where we see how Diana impact the lives of peoples whom she hasn't even met in a great way :

-A soldier from the No Man's Land saw her (just like in her movie) and his inspired by her example, coming back from the War to help pogressive ideas toward women's position in society
    -A desillusioned woman during Great Depression witness fighting some mighty foes and takes it as a sign that she should fight against the forces which have driven the country to the slump economy
    -A young man in Nazi-occupied Europe is too afraid to join a resistance movement but when he hear of a women telling tales of bravery against insurmontable odds, he finally engage

Etc.

Kind of a "Wonder Woman : Icon" or soemthing, I guess more so than a pure Elseworld for Diana.

Edit : Also, don't you think that it's possible to reconcile expansionist Krypton with "Space travels are outlawed Krypton" ? I haven't read the book, so I don't know if the flashbacks of Zaar are a long time ago or just before Krypton's demise, but if it's further in the past, he could have advocated for destroying the Kryptonian fleets, forcing them to remain on their planet. It could also expands Zod's warmongering behaviour's origins, him longing to return Krypton to a glorious age brought down by outsiders while the Council would be wary, knowing that Zaar had a more final solution in mind.
    Last edited by Korath; 06-04-2018 at 01:15 AM.

Elsewords Soule and Daniels continued/end Wonder Woman/Superman

One where Themyscira was destroyed and Hippolyta raised Diana in Bana-Mighdall.

One where Diana Prince was an ordinary pilot who crashed on Themyscira and was trained by the Amazons

One which combines Silver Age Wonder Woman with Silver Age Superman.

Astonishing Member

Nazi Wonder Woman.

Okay, hear me out...

In this version, Steve Trevor is a Nazi agent who crash-lands on Themyscera. He convinces Diana and the Amazons that he's fighting to create the perfect world. Diana wins the contest to become Wonder Woman and accompanies Trevor back to Germany where she uses her powers to become a symbol of the Third Reich, warring against the Allies and helping the Nazis take over Europe.

However, she gradually starts to realize that she's on the wrong side, and that she's actually helping oppress and subjugate people. Learning about the Holocaust is the last straw for her. OSS agent Etta Candy also goes a long way towards persuading her of the error of her ways. She then violently turns against the Nazis and actually helps defeat them completely, bringing an end to the war early. To atone for her time serving the Nazis, she decides to stay in Man's World and help usher in a new age of democracy and peace.

An elseworld based on pulps, where Diana Prince is an archaeologist who discovers the lost Amazon island and is trained by them.

One idea I've had is that the Amazons had a tradition of sending out emissaries/champions for a long time, so we'd get Wonder Woman tales involving Sappho, Hilda of Whitby, Hildegard of Bingen, Joan of Arc, and so on, either as Amazons or having been inspired by them.

Astonishing Member

An Elseworlds like The Nail focusing on Diana not leaving the island. Maybe Steve never crashes. Maybe his wounds are too severe and he dies. Or maybe Hippolyta makes a stronger argument for letting Man's World deal with its own problems.

Or a seconding of the idea of Diana making her debut much earlier than Clark or Bruce and being the basis for what a superhero should be.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

I would like a story where Amazons invade the world to prevent World War 2 and liberate Colonised countries which pit them against Justice League, villains.
    It is time Wonder Woman fans got something like Red Son, Batman endgame., etc. The League of one was an insult to Wonder Woman fans.

BANNED

"Into every generation a slayer is born: one girl in all the world, a chosen one. She alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the vampires, demons, and the forces of darkness; to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their number. She is the Slayer. And her name is Diana Prince."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Greg Rucka's plans for Amazons Attack.
    I'd expand to just having all of the second half of Rucka's first run.

Boisterously Confused

Wonder Woman: Deeds, Not Words

Lieutenant Stephen Trevor is an officer of the British Royal Navy who washes ashore on Paradise Island in 1900. Diana returns him to London, but stays to become an inspiring champion of The Suffragettes. She is viewed as a terrorist by The Crown, until she lends a hand in WWI. The story's end teases a sequel, with Diana telling Trevor, now that the vote is won, that she needs to get away ... perhaps Ireland...

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    "Into every generation a slayer is born: one girl in all the world, a chosen one. She alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the vampires, demons, and the forces of darkness; to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their number. She is the Slayer. And her name is Diana Prince.".
    The Wonder Slayer, I'm now imagining a mix of the 70s Wonder Woman theme and Buffy's theme (Wonder Slayeeeerrr lol).