Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman Elseworlds you wish could happen?

After doing a bit of searching, it became obvious that compared to the rest of the trinity Wondie was left out of the AU craze, so what sorts of fun reimaginings would you like to see?

I think a tale where Diana received a GL ring right after the contest in the origin could go somewhere interesting.

Possibly not strictly what you are looking for, but a reimagining of a Captain America / Wonder Woman during WW2 would be interesting.

Perhaps Captain isn't frozen but instead lands on Themsycaria. Prompting Wonder Woman to get intro the fray.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

In another thread about an alternate universe I thought this idea was fun:

Once upon a time an ancient wizard name Mamaragan wanted to create a new champion of Earth and decides to use two children as contenders with each one being raised different as a study of nature vs nurture to see which one is stronger. He picks twins Billy and Mary Batson, who were separated at birth where Billy ended up in the streets of Fawcett City and Mary ended up on an island called Paradise Island ran by Amazons, Billy is from Man's World while Mary is from The World of Amazons. Some time after giving them the powers of gods/goddesses from all over the world he has them fight each other but they decide to just share the title of champion with each of them believing in the other one making themselves stronger. Mary decides to go back with Billy but takes a different name using her middle name, Diana, and her mother's maiden name, Prince. As heroes they decide to go by the names Wonder Woman and Captain Wonder and together they are The Wonder Twins.

Each twin has a different set of Gods for powers and I decided to have Gods of different cultures for each letter:
    Wonder Woman's
    Shakti (Power) - Hindu
    Hathor (Love) - Egyptian
    Athena (Wisdom) - Greek
    Zorya (Flight) - Slavic
    Andarta (Strength) - Celtic
    Mielikki (Healing) - Buddhist

Other ideas:
    Diana Prince is a normal American soldier who discovers an armor built by Hephaestus where each piece of the armor is enchanted with a power by each of the Greek Gods (Zeus' Lasso, Athena's Helmet/Tiara, Hermes Boots, Artermis' Gauntlets, Ares' Sword, Aphrodite's Earrings, Apollo's Ring etc.). The armor was built after a war between The Olympians and Darkseid where The Fates foretold a warrior would one day slay Darkseid with the power of the Olympians.

Diane Prince is an actress, who discovers on a set of a movie, a pendent that can channel incredible power and sometimes can transform the movie shes making into real life.

Wonder Woman was a dead woman who achieved immortality after escaping Hades' Underworld and decides to spend her time helping others by being a hero.

Lois Lane cheats on Superman with Wonder Woman lol

Nubia being the main Wonder Woman instead of Diana.

The Amazons becoming public during WW1.

The Amazons fighting a war against the Olympians after Heracles' attack.

Greg Rucka's plans for Amazons Attack.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Greg Rucka's plans for Amazons Attack.
    Which plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Which plans?
    It was on the old boards and I'm only going from memory, but from what I remember Rucka was going to have the conflict be kicked off by the US' invasion of Themyscira as a culmination of the growing tensions between the two countries.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It was on the old boards and I'm only going from memory, but from what I remember Rucka was going to have the conflict be kicked off by the US' invasion of Themyscira as a culmination of the growing tensions between the two countries.
    Thanks, I wasn't aware there was an alternate plan for Amazon Attacks.

Yeah, his original plan/idea for Amazons Attack was interesting and political, before the uninspired tale we received.

What if Artemis became the main WW permanently?

Etta Candy crashing on the island first.

The Kapatelis or the Sandsmarks discovering the island first.

I would love to see an Elseworlds where Diana was the first known superhero who paved the way for the others.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think the suggestion of Diana being an American soldier who comes across the Amazons is a great idea, sort of a similar take to the Elseworld where Clark is the last survivor of Earth landing on Krypton, showing how a human Diana still has her sense of right and justice.

I also have a bit of a soft spot for the idea of Hippolyta going to the world of man and meeting and falling in love with a younger Alfred Pennyworth in a period piece.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I would love an adult ‘Game of Thrones’-style family drama with Wonder Woman vying for the throne of Olympus. She takes off her bracelets in a last-ditch effort to save the world during some World Ending Event but this time Diana goes over the point-of-no-return and becomes drunk with power. She then sets her sights on her father’s throne, only problem is, Diana is last in the line of succession…

Cheetah being given the Wonder Woman role by Diana while the latter tends to extra-dimensional affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I would love to see an Elseworlds where Diana was the first known superhero who paved the way for the others.
    I wish they had explored this more in the Earth 2 title.

The story of a Diana who never left the island, but has the same curious, change-driven spirit. What sort of impact would she cause in Themyscira as its forward-thinking princess?

Also a Wonder Woman who lives in the same period of Ancient Greece and interacts with the characters and events of Classic literature.