Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Mighty Avengers #12 discussion/spoilers

Not much happens in this issue as far as advancing the plot, but we do get to see the Deathwalkers in head on action for the first time.

Main things we learn/see:

- Bear gives a run down of the Deathwalkers' origins

- We find out Bear's origins

- We find out Blue Marvel may be weak against magic

- We see the 70s Mighty Avengers vs. The Deathwalkers (very cool fight)

- We find out why Cage's father distanced himself from Luke

- We see most of the team together for the first time

I thought it was a great issue and still don't see why people are tough on Land. Thought the battle scenes were great, and I especially loved the scene of Kaluu magically tracing the talisman. As far as the story-line, the Deathwalkers didn't seem capable of taking on the 70s Mighty Avengers, mainly due to Blue Marvel. I have a hard time seeing how they'll take out Blue Marvel AND Monica when they fight this team in the present. Ewing has done a good job of making sure that he's set up Monica and Brashear with weaknesses to magic though, still makes me think the Cortex Corporation might try to capitalize off this fight somehow. Blade being the sacrifice makes sense as well, the Deathwalkers haven't been able to make an adequate human/beast bybrid after centuries of trying, might as well use Blade (half human/half vampire).

spoilers:
    "Smokey-Bear-Aggravating %$&@#!"
    end of spoilers I love 70s Blade! Great action packed issue. Even though the plot didn't advance much in present time, the action in the past made up for it.

I really liked Cage's dad's role. Especially given the previews and how people were worried about his 'heroics' when this story was announced.

spoilers:
    He was more a witness than anything, when it all cam down to it he froze and couldn't deal with the world being like that. How it played directly into his relationship with his son speaks volumes.
    end of spoilers

The one question I have is where's Bear? At first I thought last issue that she was too old for it, but clearly that's not the case. Wouldn't mind her joining the team either.

Of course the last page. All it was missing was an Avengers Assemble. Can't wait for the next issue.

Fantastic Member

The story was fine, I'm just being grumpy because as far as earth shattering original sins go, this was more of a mildly interesting backstory.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    The story was fine, I'm just being grumpy because as far as earth shattering original sins go, this was more of a mildly interesting backstory.
    I kinda wonder how these last two issues are gonna go over myself given that
    the present day stars of the book don't show up til the last page.

Mighty Member

Yea, well it does explain cages relationship with his father, but ewing had this planned before original sin, he just used OS to get more readers to hop on.

Very much enjoying the story, but I was refreshing my memory on Kaluu's history - shouldn't he still be stuck in the dimension of Raggador at this point in time (for the 70s portion of the story, that is), since it's presumably before his first encounter with Strange? Or was him being exiled there for the whole five centuries prior to trying to steal the Book of Vishanti and getting beaten by Strange the first time already retconned in some earlier story I missed?

The Bear better be showing up in the present soon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Very much enjoying the story, but I was refreshing my memory on Kaluu's history - shouldn't he still be stuck in the dimension of Raggador at this point in time (for the 70s portion of the story, that is), since it's presumably before his first encounter with Strange? Or was him being exiled there for the whole five centuries prior to trying to steal the Book of Vishanti and getting beaten by Strange the first time already retconned in some earlier story I missed?
    in this story he's recently escaped, i'm pretty sure. that's the reason his powers aren't that strong yet.

my general feeling also... felt like deadpool stock issue they have been doing during the current volume

not a bad thing, was just looking for more sexy

Exposition heavy issue but it was still good. Really like what Ewing is doing and setting up so far. Marvel needs to keep Ewing!

I do like each issue but I feel like this plot needs to advance at a touch quicker pace.

I am enjoying the ride jsut feels a bit... slow right now.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I do like each issue but I feel like this plot needs to advance at a touch quicker pace.

I am enjoying the ride jsut feels a bit... slow right now.
    I know what you mean. I remember reading MI:13 and being thrilled by the plot pacing, but upset that there was little to no real action to put the heroes on display. Ewings style is the exact opposite, his primary objective seems to be to put the heroes on display since most of them are usually in the background. The next few issues should speed the plot along though now that the mystery of the deathwalkers is all figured out.

I feel like we're on the roller coaster and it's about to hit the big drop. Good issue overall. Loved Cage's dad's reaction to the madness unfolding in front of him, BM's badassness, Blade's impatient surliness, and Kaluu was cool as well. The Bear was awesome. Hope we see her again! 'Nuff said.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magik Magma Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Chamber Skin Husk

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cybrestrike View Post
    I feel like we're on the roller coaster and it's about to hit the big drop. Good issue overall. Loved Cage's dad's reaction to the madness unfolding in front of him, BM's badassness, Blade's impatient surliness, and Kaluu was cool as well. The Bear was awesome. Hope we see her again! 'Nuff said.
    I think modern bear disappeared after someone killed her dogs in Ironman...not sure if we'll see her again

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Exposition heavy issue but it was still good. Really like what Ewing is doing and setting up so far. Marvel needs to keep Ewing!
    It was but that might be because he was handcuffed by Original Sin and had to stretch the story.