Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

I mainly remember in the old days that his armor always needed a recharge at the worst times. That and the fact that he would immediately die if the armor quit. Oh, and
    pretending to be his own body guard. Those were good times.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

He was a sloppy drunk who could have been written up on sexual harrassment charges a million times over.

Back then, that qualified you as a "man's man"

A heroic playboy alcoholic, who made his fortune through selling arms.

Wasn't nearly as cocky or arrogant imo.
    The J-man

I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    He was a sloppy drunk who could have been written up on sexual harrassment charges a million times over.

Back then, that qualified you as a "man's man"
    Un-enlightened times, but still good by the standards of the day. Ever hear "A secretary is not a toy" from "How to Suceed in Business without even trying"? Different times.

Back then though he was a man you could trust. At one point early on in the Avengers series Iron Man was suspected in doing something bad to Tony Stark. Because he couldn't remove the armor at all and didn't trust anyone with his secret id Tony was stuck and had to call into an Avenger's meeting to tell them he wouldn't be there. When Thor questions him about what he might have done to Tony Stark, Tony replies "On My Honor as an Avenger I have not harmed Tony Stark" and Thor accepts that. That I guess was the really big difference between then and now; you really could trust him. The drinking really didn't come until much later. I forget, when was the first time he lost his fortune?