Spectacular Member

Default Why was new Pyro for Xmen Gold created instead of developing Match?

They even have identical origins (accidentally burned down school when powers manifested)!
    Last edited by JDC001; 05-31-2018 at 05:21 AM.

He was created to fill the original Pyro's spot in the new Brotherhood. I'm not surprised that he is being used instead of Match, because like most authors, Golds author likes to use his own characters.

And I think that the new Pyro will end up being Iceman's new boyfriend. Just a guess on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    They even have identical origins (accidentally burned down school when powers manifested)!

You actually have a great point. They should have used Match instead. He is (I think) the only kid of that era who is still alive that never had any story focusing on him a tiny bit. This would have been the perfect opportunity.

They even could have had him portrayed as Pyro II in Mesmero's Brotherhood incarnation and for shock effect revealed him to be Match and give him the same excuses this Simon kid has, being manipulated.

I was hoping Pyro would have ended up being Rusty, but yeah, Match would have been cool to use as well.

There's also the possibility that Guggs intended to eventually make nuPyro a love-interest for Iceman when he came up with the idea of the replacement Brotherhood. So probably best that he's a just newb instead of an actual student.