Spectacular Member

Default Was Singularity actually the Eternity of Battleworld?

Is that why she was the size of a normal human, despite encompassing the Marvel multiverse?

Extraordinary Member

Hmm, interesting idea, especially given that we know a new Eternity comes up with each new universe.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    Is that why she was the size of a normal human, despite encompassing the Marvel multiverse?
    Doom was Eternity!

I think the idea was that Singularity was a baby universe who was caught into Battleworld.

I miss Singularity so much. She was so great. Just adorable and wonderful and the best.

You'd think she'd have appeared with at least one of the other A-Force members, but she's no showed in all of them - Hulk/She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Nico's book Runaways, Medusa's book Royals, she's not in Dazzler's one-shot next week either by the looks of the preview. So where the heck is she?

There's two more places that might make sense for her to show up, though it doesn't look like there's any plans. West Coast Avengers and Ms Marvel. That's because those two books are each written by one of A-Force's writers.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-03-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Did Battleworld exist outside of all things? If not, Eternity never "died", so everything that occurred there would have still happened inside of Eternity's parameters. In fact, I'm starting to think that even some areas that are supposedly outside of Eternity are still within his/its sphere of influence. It would be nice if they clarified that some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You'd think she'd have appeared with at least one of the other A-Force members, but she's no showed in all of them - Hulk/She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Nico's book Runaways, Medusa's book Royals, she's not in Dazzler's one-shot next week either by the looks of the preview. So where the heck is she?

There's two more places that might make sense for her to show up, though it doesn't look like there's any plans. West Coast Avengers and Ms Marvel. That's because those two books are each written by one of A-Force's writers.
    I think West Coast has the best chance, as I think Singularity was Thompson's creation.
    It would be a strong selling point at least.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Did Battleworld exist outside of all things? If not, Eternity never "died", so everything that occurred there would have still happened inside of Eternity's parameters. In fact, I'm starting to think that even some areas that are supposedly outside of Eternity are still within his/its sphere of influence. It would be nice if they clarified that some day.
    Theoretically yes it existed outside of the multiverse and remained in existence after the multiverse was totally destroyed. Eternity did indeed die, and part of the premise of Ultimates was that the multiversal Eternity was very young once the multiverse was recreated.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Doom was Eternity!
    Reading the actual page makes it clear this wasn’t the case.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I think West Coast has the best chance, as I think Singularity was Thompson's creation.
    It would be a strong selling point at least.
    What would make you think that? She is generally credited to Marguerite Bennett, G. Willow Wilson & Jorge Molina, the creative team of the Secret Wars A-Force. The person that seemed to take most ownership in the early interviews and on social media was Wilson. She made a statement that she ‘didn’t want to create yet another Amazon’, suggesting she was the originator.

Both Wilson and Bennett were involved in the early discussions over gender. How Singularity was genderless but wasn’t being used as a form of trans representation, so they both appeared to have a say in how she was being presented.

Personally I felt they underplayed the gender issues a little too much. Leaving those early statements feeling irrelevant considering how she was eventually portrayed, which seemed more choice related and static. More about how she chose to present herself than any underlying gender identity. I suppose this could be considered a statement on presentation.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-04-2018 at 01:01 AM.