View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barrier #5 (of 5) [series finale]

2 16.67%
  • Cyber Force (2018) #3

0 0%
  • Descender #30

1 8.33%
  • Hack/Slash: Resurrection #7 [one-shot]

0 0%
  • Kill or be Killed #19

3 25.00%
  • The Last Siege #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Lazarus #28

3 25.00%
  • Realm #6

0 0%
  • Royal City #11

0 0%
  • Saga #52

1 8.33%
  • Savage Dragon #234

0 0%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #35

1 8.33%
  • VS. #4 (of 5)

0 0%
  • Warframe #5

1 8.33%
  • Where We Live [graphic novel]

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weekly Image poll #22 - Where We Live & The Last Siege

Welcome to the weekly Image dive bar, vote for stuff if you want!

Last time around an old acquintance won the poll once again, after what feels like an absence for a while. Deadly Class #34 proved victorious!

What's happening this week? Well, Barrier is ending for one. Descender's also heading for the end, with just two issues left in the tank after this week. Hack/Slash Resurrection, meanwhile, has a one-shot issue to break up the monotony. Kill or be Killed wraps up the fourth arc this week, ahead of next month's series finale that'll hopefully blow the doors off. Enough endings yet? Nah, Lazarus is also finishing a storyline (back in a while though!).
    Realm, the comic I always somehow confuse with Reyn, is back for a new storyline this week, as is Royal City. Two more endings though, VS is on its penultimate issue already this week, and Warframe is wrapping up a storyline. Not sure if that's been announced to return yet.

New this week:
    The Last Siege is drawn by Justin Greenwood and describes itself as a "gritty medieval war story, as a mysterious stranger arrives at a castle overrun with brutal soldiers bent on usurping the throne of the rightful heir-an 11-year-old girl." They're saying it's a spaghetti western meets game of thrones elevator pitch...

Where We Live is a one-time special graphic novel, edited & selected by JH Williams III. It's a collection of both fictional stories and eye-witness accounts of the October 1st shooting in Las Vegas last year. Meant to show the resilience of Las Vegas, but also the hardships that come with life after tragedy. It doesn't shy away from tough topics: gun control, mental health stigmatisation and the senselessness of glorified violence.
    All proceeds will benefit the recovery of survivors of the shooting.

310848.jpg 308458.jpg

Lazarus for me this week. Saga was good, but a little predictable.

Fantastic Member

Gotta go with Kill or be Killed for me this week. The return of Royal City and the Realm were nice. Come to think of it, I never got my copy of Barrier #5 from the shop this week, despite the series being on my list.
    Last edited by soundsci; 06-04-2018 at 08:33 AM.

I actually read this week's comics in time to vote for a change. Gave the nod to Lazarus for making me care about Jonah Carlyle. Just edges out Saga and Kill or Be Killed which were both very good.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I agree that Saga was a bit predictable, but I maintain that Saga at its worst still runs circles around many other series haha. Sometimes I wonder if they're really gonna shoot for like 50 more issues; I don't think they can end it at the typical BKV 60 mark, but maybe 75 is more reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Gotta go with Barrier for me this week. The return of Royal City and the Realm were nice. Come to think of it, I never got my copy of Barrier #5 from the shop this week, despite the series being on my list.
    Omg and Barrier is the finale too, that's a bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I actually read this week's comics in time to vote for a change. Gave the nod to Lazarus for making me care about Jonah Carlyle. Just edges out Saga and Kill or Be Killed which were both very good.
    Maybe we should extend the voting deadlines a bit? Many people are reading in trades, or let things pile up for a few weeks everytime... The weekly pace is probably too fast to keep up for people with busy lives (basically, everyone haha!). The poll should be fun above all, and just a decent avenue for weekly chat, so I'm definitely open to changes to help facilitate that.

Descender and Kill or Be Killed for me. Haven't been able to read them yet though. How's VS been? Worth checking out?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Descender and Kill or Be Killed for me. Haven't been able to read them yet though. How's VS been? Worth checking out?
    Joker really disliked it haha, even the art.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Joker really disliked it haha, even the art.
    damn lol. I enjoyed a lot of Ribic's Marvel work.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

What a hard choice! Stray Bullets!
    Lazarus!
    But no, Kill or Be Killed it is!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    I agree that Saga was a bit predictable, but I maintain that Saga at its worst still runs circles around many other series haha.
    Very true! But Saga on cruise control doesn't measure up to Lazarus with some effort put in. I feel like the pacing was off. BKV went for two shocking cliff-hangers in a row, and didn't quite stick it. spoilers:
    The Will's reaction was a bit of a let-down, Robot being willing to sell Hazel's family out isn't new and exciting news, and I was lot more emotionally affected by Doff's sacrifice play last issue than I am by Squire in peril. Again, it was good. I'm certainly still emotionally invested. (Also pretty sure Ghus and Upsher are goners, and I do not like that one bit.) I just don't feel it lived up to some previous issues, and definitely not to the latest installment of Lazarus.
    end of spoilers

Ribic is super talented and he's drawing his ass off, but his action scenes are a mess. I hate to say it, but it's just really hard to tell who's where, in any relation to anyone else, he's shitting all over the 180 rule and not it a good way.

The writing just doesn't leave me caring about anyone. Ivan Brandon is the guy I always want to like. His concepts are interesting but his execution leaves me cold every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Ribic is super talented and he's drawing his ass off, but his action scenes are a mess. I hate to say it, but it's just really hard to tell who's where, in any relation to anyone else, he's shitting all over the 180 rule and not it a good way.

The writing just doesn't leave me caring about anyone. Ivan Brandon is the guy I always want to like. His concepts are interesting but his execution leaves me cold every time.
    I concur with this completely. I'm completely lost in the plot. I think we are mostly following online avatars so why should I care if they get injured or killed in these online contests? And we haven't really seen the real life characters or learned anything about them so I don't care about them either. Or maybe I'm completely misunderstanding what is going on - the writing and, unfortunately, the art are such a jumbled mess that it is very hard to grasp what is happening. I gave it 3 issues for Ribic but I had to drop it.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post

Those seem like reasonable statements. Not hard to believe either of them. I wanted to love Drifter but had absolutely no clue what was happening and Klein, while drew beautifully, made things hard to understand sometimes too.

Well the only Image title I read this week was Barrier #5 so I guess that gets my vote.
    Pull List: Conan the Barbarian

I'm glad that I'm not alone having difficulties to understand what's happening in Vs. I thought that my bad English was the cause but it seems that it's not so unusual from this writer. I'm lost also in Ribic's pages - but it's Ribic and the colours are beautiful so at least I get some pleasure of my money. And will stay on the book hoping that everything will make sense!

I'll vote one more time for Barrier even if I preferred the previous issues. Beautiful book and quite interesting story.

Last but not least I have to add that my lcs didn't receive Kill or be killed this week... I suspect it may have been my choice for the vote...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !