Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Nick Spencer ASM speculation

According to the asm#3 preview, it seems we will be getting a Spidey vs Peter storyline. Could we be getting another clone vs original situation. This new Peter seems powerless. Could the new love interests be a wife/lover for the alternate Peter? Maybe this Peter has an offspring as well. Kinda like DC's rebirth.
    Last edited by rward777; 05-31-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    According to the asm#3 preview, it seems we will be getting a Spidey vs Peter storyline. Could we be getting another clone vs original situation. This new Peter seems powerless.
    Could be interesting if, perhaps via mystical means, they get split into two separate entities. This is the route I would go. Clones have been overused to the point of absurdity in Spidey related media we don't need anymore.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Could be interesting if, perhaps via mystical means, they get split into two separate entities. This is the route I would go. Clones have been overused to the point of absurdity in Spidey related media we don't need anymore.
    Spider-man Red/Spider-man Blue??? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Ah yes, and Spider-Man Red ends up with MJ while Spider-Man Blue ends up with Felicia

And then many years after that we'll get Spider-Man Prime to everyone's despair.

So you mean there are alternate Spiders that Morlun didn't kill?
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    No, rather Spider-Man and Peter Parker are separate beings. Clarifying what I mean; one of them has spider powers the other has none and one thinks of himself as Peter while the other only as Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    So you mean there are alternate Spiders that Morlun didn't kill?
    I think there must still be at least a few. Marvel's (new) Spider-Man animated series has been created since Spider-Verse for example.

Morlun could always go after the MCU Spider-Man!

Oh wait...

I think there must still be at least a few. Marvel's (new) Spider-Man animated series has been created since Spider-Verse for example.
    And we know the previous animated Ultimate Spider-Man survived too, as the show was still running at the time. All three movie Spideys survived too. Spider-Man India was a Web Warrior, so that's another survivor. And the most obvious, of course, is the Ultimate Universe's Spider-Man, Miles Morales. Morlun trimmed them down a lot, but there's plenty of survivors and nothing to stop new ones popping up (for example, the Renew Your Vows Peter).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And we know the previous animated Ultimate Spider-Man survived too, as the show was still running at the time. All three movie Spideys survived too. Spider-Man India was a Web Warrior, so that's another survivor. And the most obvious, of course, is the Ultimate Universe's Spider-Man, Miles Morales. Morlun trimmed them down a lot, but there's plenty of survivors and nothing to stop new ones popping up (for example, the Renew Your Vows Peter).
    We'll never actually see the movie Spider-Men unless Marvel makes some kind of deal with Sony. All we'll get are allusions like we got in the first Spider-Verse. ("I saw a Spider-Man who looked like the guy from The Social Network.")

Even the Marvel vs. Capcom Spider-Man was an allusion. (It's an arcade game with a generic background like in MvC and he calls out his attacks like Maximum Spider.)

No, rather Spider-Man and Peter Parker are separate beings. Clarifying what I mean; one of them has spider powers the other has none and one thinks of himself as Peter while the other only as Spider-Man.
    So, more like what happened with Captain Kirk in "The Enemy Within." Well, the first issue does involve aliens, so...transporter malfunction?

Then again, Spidergeddon, which looks like a sequel to "Spider-Verse" is coming up, so...
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    So, more like what happened with Captain Kirk in "The Enemy Within." Well, the first issue does involve aliens, so...transporter malfunction? ..
    Actually, I considered using that as an example lol.

Maybe that FCBD image of Spidey socking Doc Ock is also an indication that Spencer will have Peter come to his senses and track Doc Ock down so he can kick his butt and actually bring him to justice ?

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

I just hope Spencer is not on the book till the landmark #1000 issue.

After such a long run coming to an end now, I hope more writers get the opportunity to write for ASM before then.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Ah yes, and Spider-Man Red ends up with MJ while Spider-Man Blue ends up with Felicia

And then many years after that we'll get Spider-Man Prime to everyone's despair.
    Or maybe 52 Spidey and rebirth Spidey just like in super man.