Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    I just hope Spencer is not on the book till the landmark #1000 issue.

After such a long run coming to an end now, I hope more writers get the opportunity to write for ASM before then.
    Well #1000 is 200 issues off... if we generously assume that ASM will be double-shipping all the way up to #1000, that gives us just over 8 years. Unless Spencer pulls in some serious numbers, I wouldn't bet on his run being anywhere near as long as Slott's.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Well #1000 is 200 issues off... if we generously assume that ASM will be double-shipping all the way up to #1000, that gives us just over 8 years. Unless Spencer pulls in some serious numbers, I wouldn't bet on his run being anywhere near as long as Slott's.
    Yeah and I would think they would want someone with a long history of Peter on the 900 to 1000 issues. One of the reasons DC I think went with Dan was because of his long connection to Clark and Superman. I would think that Marvel may look into various writers for that area. I'm guessing Nick will have from 802 to maybe 900 or 950. Then the rest will be done by another writer. That's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Yeah, I can see the series going up to 5 years max, just because Spider-Man is such a time-consuming project to take part in, I assume Spencer would eventually want to be able to do other projects. I'm also curious how much Ottley will be on the book, he lasted about 15 years on Invincible so who knows.

As for the "other Peter Parker" mystery, the solicit teases that its not the Chameleon, not a LMD, and not Ultimate Peter, which I guess could also mean its not someone in disguise, not a clone, and not another alternate reality Peter, though I could be wrong and they're just being tricky with the word choice. If they do pull a Superman Reborn and it turns out to be Peter split into two personalities, I would honestly want to see that, just for how crazy it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    If they do pull a Superman Reborn and it turns out to be Peter split into two personalities, I would honestly want to see that, just for how crazy it could be.
    As would I for the same reason. I think a lot of interesting things can be done with such a concept.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yeah, I can see the series going up to 5 years max, just because Spider-Man is such a time-consuming project to take part in, I assume Spencer would eventually want to be able to do other projects. I'm also curious how much Ottley will be on the book, he lasted about 15 years on Invincible so who knows.

As for the "other Peter Parker" mystery, the solicit teases that its not the Chameleon, not a LMD, and not Ultimate Peter, which I guess could also mean its not someone in disguise, not a clone, and not another alternate reality Peter, though I could be wrong and they're just being tricky with the word choice. If they do pull a Superman Reborn and it turns out to be Peter split into two personalities, I would honestly want to see that, just for how crazy it could be.
    It's probably Boomerang somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's probably Boomerang somehow.
    I hope no, how underwhelming....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Maybe that FCBD image of Spidey socking Doc Ock is also an indication that Spencer will have Peter come to his senses and track Doc Ock down so he can kick his butt and actually bring him to justice ?
    It’s actually so infuriating that Doc Ock, after getting Peter fired from his job at Horizon Labs, and then tearing down the company that Peter built, gets a great job at the university Peter founded while Peter is stuck with a shitty job at Bugle which doesn’t even give him enough money to pay rent....
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Then again, Spidergeddon, which looks like a sequel to "Spider-Verse" is coming up, so...
    Most probably. Could beeven an evil Peter Parker from an evil universe.... Spencer have experience on that trope.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    It’s actually so infuriating that Doc Ock, after getting Peter fired from his job at Horizon Labs, and then tearing down the company that Peter built, gets a great job at the university Peter founded while Peter is stuck with a shitty job at Bugle which doesn’t even give him enough money to pay rent....
    Not to mention that the guy who stole Peter's body, tried to kill him and erase whatever was left of him in his head, screwed over tons of people for his own ends, killed the enslaved Master Weaver, worked with Hydra, on-top of his previous crimes...pretty much gets his happy ending.

Not to mention that the guy who stole Peter's body, tried to kill him and erase whatever was left of him in his head, screwed over tons of people for his own ends, killed the enslaved Master Weaver, worked with Hydra, on-top of his previous crimes...pretty much gets his happy ending.
    Well, we don't know that Ock got his happy ending yet... As long as Marvel is financially solvent, whether Ock is dead or not, his story isn't complete. LOL. I just find the thing with the job infuriating because it is basically Ock repairing the rewards and getting the very thing he screwed Peter out of. I'm not opposed to Ock eventually being redeemed as long as it is done organically (which I doubt will happen).
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Well, we don't know that Ock got his happy ending yet... As long as Marvel is financially solvent, whether Ock is dead or not, his story isn't complete. LOL. I just find the thing with the job infuriating because it is basically Ock repairing the rewards and getting the very thing he screwed Peter out of. I'm not opposed to Ock eventually being redeemed as long as it is done organically (which I doubt will happen).
    I just have a problem with the book trying to spin Ock with any kind of redemption or being "straight" with Peter when he hasn't really earned any of it.

I just have a problem with the book trying to spin Ock with any kind of redemption or being "straight" with Peter when he hasn't really earned any of it.
    Agreed. I'm not against Ock being redeemed, but he hasn't earned it yet. It didn't work back in the Secret Empire tie-in and I don't think it worked in ASM 800 either. If they had kept the character development from the last 15 or so issues from Superior Spider-Man, then it would have made a lot more sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    I just hope Spencer is not on the book till the landmark #1000 issue.

After such a long run coming to an end now, I hope more writers get the opportunity to write for ASM before then.
    200 issues is a LOT of issues. Spencer can have a long, healthy run on ASM and still not hit that number.

I definitely hope he's on the book for a good stretch, though. I just wonder how many threads he'll be picking up from Slott's run, as #800 alone puts a number of intriguing possibilities in place.

Really excited for to start seeing what Spencer has in store. So far his plans are largely unknown and I think Marvel has deliberately not revealed too much about what's to come in order to not step on the end of Slott's run, which I think is cool. Plenty of time to get the hype machine going on Spencer's run once Slott is done.

Can it be related to the upcoming Spidergeddon storyline, with new alternative Spider-men?

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    200 issues is a LOT of issues. Spencer can have a long, healthy run on ASM and still not hit that number.

I definitely hope he's on the book for a good stretch, though. I just wonder how many threads he'll be picking up from Slott's run, as #800 alone puts a number of intriguing possibilities in place.

Really excited for to start seeing what Spencer has in store. So far his plans are largely unknown and I think Marvel has deliberately not revealed too much about what's to come in order to not step on the end of Slott's run, which I think is cool. Plenty of time to get the hype machine going on Spencer's run once Slott is done.
    Yes, it is somewhat exciting to have a new writer on the book.
    802-#900 would be a good stretch...

Someone else in this thread said they'd like it if for #900-#1000 they hired someone with a long history with Spidey and I gotta agree with that.
    I wanna see Peter back with MJ as couple, they don't have to be married, but at this point it just seems so forced that they're not together especially when we're always getting variant covers with MJ, and in #800 she is referred to as 'the love of his life' by Red Goblin, or how about in #797 when they're getting steamy and Spidey swings off with a boner going on about how much he loves her... She's even has a large role in the new videogame...

I can see myself stopping collecting modern issues with #1000 and spending the rest of my days assembling all back issues, and I wouldn't be surprised at that point if they try to retire Pete and have Miles take the mantle permanent with a simultaneous switch in the movies. In my mind i'm just thinking can't they get back together by #900 so we can have classic status quo for the last hundred issues?

I know Peter's ageing seems to have ground to a halt now at perhaps what we can assume to be the classic Superhero age of 29, but it's not The Simpsons and he did age from 15 to now in this series, so it just seems to me (and others) the longer the series continues and he can never settle down with a real relationship, it just seems a bit pathetic if he's an eternal bachelor. I thought in terms of the PP/MJ relationship, some of the most interesting stories were during the clone sage era when they were fighting etc, so I don't buy this idea by the modern editorial that the marriage holds him back.
    Last edited by Dangerous; 06-01-2018 at 09:45 AM.