Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    He also caught a knife wielded by a skilled human (Ward) in his bare hands and bent it backwards. Also strong enough to break out of handcuffs with his fingertips. So no conclusive bulletproof feats, but certainly knifeproof.

So that's the baseline. Your basic asgardian mook is impervious to knives and punches through walls.
    Just spent an hour combing for Asgardian feats on AoS. The professor Randolph also
    —Ripped a prison cell door off its hinges easily.
    —Regenerated in minutes (with slight help from Coulson) from getting stabbed in the heart by the Berserker staff. The Berserker staff itself empowered normal people enough to flip cars at least 50 ft away it looked like. This did not allow the stabbing person to go through Randolph, as the dialogue indicated that his heart had a “tear or rupture,” on the surface.

Given that it takes strength that’s significantly beyond Cap and T’Challa to shove an Asgardian weapon only partway through an out of shape Asgardian who’s been a “pacifist” for centuries if not millennia, and he still regens from it in minutes, I don’t see this going that well for Team Cap.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Personally I assumed Skurge had improved the rifles in some way, he also used them to shatter Hela's giant spike thing.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Personally I assumed Skurge had improved the rifles in some way, he also used them to shatter Hela's giant spike thing.
    This makes sense, considering what the spikes were capable of and the fact that Skurge never had to reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    This makes sense, considering what the spikes were capable of and the fact that Skurge never had to reload.
    Both of Skurge's guns explicitly ran out of bullets...

Just creating explanations for things that go against the shown narrative and or were never once touched or explained in the movie is bad business lol. It makes it impossible to place feats if we just decide things with no evidence.

More likely than a knucklehead medieval grunt like Skurge modifying midgardian assault weapons would be the more logical response of "Hollywood gets magazine capacity wrong all the time". Because they do.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Both of Skurge's guns explicitly ran out of bullets...
    I wasn’t speaking 100% literally, my point was what TheArbiter noted: the clip capacity was way higher than a normal assault rifle’s. Apologies for not making that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Just creating explanations for things that go against the shown narrative and or were never once touched or explained in the movie is bad business lol. It makes it impossible to place feats if we just decide things with no evidence.

More likely than a knucklehead medieval grunt like Skurge modifying midgardian assault weapons would be the more logical response of "Hollywood gets magazine capacity wrong all the time". Because they do.
    I would argue that the zombie army getting chewed up by normal assault rifles when Sif is shown to be bulletproof, Loki is shown to be bulletproof, the middle-aged pacifist Asgardian is shown to be knifeproof...is inconsistent with Asgardian portrayal in every other instance.

Whereas 30 minutes prior in the film, Thor (someone you could arguably also call a “knucklehead medieval grunt”) is shown competently discussing wormhole science with Bruce Banner.

I realize Rumbles rules are what they are about what we see is what we get, but to me it makes more sense for the purposes of this debate to say “Skurge probably modified the guns that were shown firing more bullets than normally possible” than “Ancient Zombie Asgardians revived by Hela the Goddess of—Eh, Tesseract’s not bad but the Eternal Flame is where it’s at—get shredded by normal gunfire,” despite all the other instances where the normal Asgardians don’t.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 06-04-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Going back to my original point, atrophied ancient zombie bodies and materials may have taken a hit on the durability scale.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Those guns still shredded Hela spikes that were holding a spaceship in place. You can't really consider them usual guns by their feats (lol).

Plus it's not like Skurge would have to do it himself, Asgard probably had several hundred people who could slap a rune on those things or make super bullets.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

"Creating my own story to fill in the narrative blanks" is not how Rumbles has ever worked. What you instead say is "shattering the spike is SMvFL for the gun based on comparative feats" haha xD
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    "Creating my own story to fill in the narrative blanks" is not how Rumbles has ever worked. What you instead say is "shattering the spike is SMvFL for the gun based on comparative feats" haha xD
    In this instance the end result is the same anyway, the rifles cannot be used to gauge Asgardian zombie durability.
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    In this instance the end result is the same anyway, the rifles cannot be used to gauge Asgardian zombie durability.
    Or for the purpose of this thread, divine regular Asgardian durability from Asgardian zombies.