Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    I'd say this is a mistake in general.

Joking aside I agree. Even though I feel Jenkins did a good job wrapping up a short run, it was really Bendis who did the damage. Even Iron Man's "I can outrun the Sentry" arc had a better idea of how to handle the Sentry.

I keep trying to write Century like the other Iron Man related character and I don't know why.
    It'll be interesting to see what Lemire does with Iron Man's appearance in Sentry #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what Lemire does with Iron Man's appearance in Sentry #3.
    I really hope that Iron Man tries to outfly him again and Sentry just reaches out and grabs Stark's leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    I really hope that Iron Man tries to outfly him again and Sentry just reaches out and grabs Stark's leg.
    He didn't out fly him last time. Sentry caught him pretty quick. Tony only got away by outsmarting him in using The Cloc that Reed created.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    He didn't out fly him last time. Sentry caught him pretty quick. Tony only got away by outsmarting him in using The Cloc that Reed created.
    Nah, he blasted off and while the Sentry was catching up he devised his Cloc plan.

Sentry should've had zero issue capturing him.

EDIT: Let me add context here. Sentry wasn't going "all out," but he was pretty concerned in capturing Stark, so it really shouldn't have been difficult if he even put a little bit of effort into it since the Sentry can clear the Atlantic, half of Africa, and back before a human can even realize it.
    Last edited by Skedatz; 06-08-2018 at 09:23 AM.

Spectacular Member CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Sentry was a character I knew about and liked, but never really got that involved with his story. Then I started reading his latest mini-series and now I'm going back and reading everything he was ever in. Sentry is a very unique and intriguing character. My biggest fear is at the end of the this mini-series, he'll forget he was the Sentry again and you won't see the character for several years. Basically, I don't want this series to be the story to wrap up the loose end of Sentry being brought back by the Apocalypse twins. I'm hoping this is the start of something bigger for him. I get that because he's so powerful, its difficult to write a good story around him, but DCs been doing it for decades with Superman, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Have Sentry go out into space and fight really powerful aliens. Have him get stuck in an alternate reality where the Sentry, Sentress and Scout are the only heroes in the world, but then that Sentry gets killed and our Sentry inadvertently takes his place. In addition to fighting villains, he's trying to keep it a secret that their Sentry is dead. He could struggle with looking for a way home or wondering if maybe he should stay, but how would everyone react to having a "fake" Sentry from another universe? How would Lindy handle her real husband being gone and living with an impostor? Could Bob leave Lindy behind as a widow? Maybe their Sentry isn't dead, maybe he just became the Void. All kinds of possibilities for good action and drama and that's just me thinking off the top of my head. I'm sure the writers could come up with a great storyline for Sentry for an ongoing series.

Horrible concept from the start, even more terrible execution.

He seemed like a fan fiction character incarnate.

Wasn't he in Superman 4? Oh wait..that's the dude that is in Superman now...

Astonishing Member

I always wanted him to be really cool, but in all honesty I'm still waiting to be impressed

I find the void issue quite tiresome, maybe thus run will fix that from my perspective

As is, to me, he's a bit like a a Ferrari that you can't get in top gear

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    My biggest fear is at the end of the this mini-series, he'll forget he was the Sentry again and you won't see the character for several years.
    It's not a mini. It IS an ongoing.

I Swear, I see so many people confused about this.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 08-20-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Sentry is one of those characters, when they get something really good you remember why they came about in the first place. Sentry as depicted in his new series is great and I hope people check him out instead of judging him by the years old gimmick.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Sentry is one of those characters, when they get something really good you remember why they came about in the first place. Sentry as depicted in his new series is great and I hope people check him out instead of judging him by the years old gimmick.
    I keep seeing good stuff about it, a lot of it here, so I plan on looking to it in trade if it's priced right

Is the void still around?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah. I mean it's early so I can't really say we really understand Lemire's idea going forward, but it's a pretty tricky idea to handle and so far he's doing very well with it. Sentry's status quo is easy to understand but extremely unique, and so far it really makes this series. That and the cool art.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I keep seeing good stuff about it, a lot of it here, so I plan on looking to it in trade if it's priced right

Is the void still around?
    It's fantastic. Support it! The Void is in it but he's not the primary antagonist of the series and his role is minor. His only actual appearance so far is a summary dispatching in the first issue.

Spectacular Member CaptainMarvell's Avatar

It's not a mini. It IS an ongoing.

I Swear, I see so many people confused about this.
    Even better! I definitely read it was a mini somewhere, must have been in comments/forum chatter. Thanks!

Astonishing Member

It's fantastic. Support it! The Void is in it but he's not the primary antagonist of the series and his role is minor. His only actual appearance so far is a summary dispatching in the first issue.
    I will give the trade a look since you give it such strong recommendation

I do like the art so that's already a bonus