Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Batman #48 Preview / Discussion (Spoilers)

Batman #48

https://screenrant.com/batman-weddin...r-spree-comic/

Summary: “THE BEST MAN” part one! Batman and Catwoman decide it might be better to elope rather than go through some big, stodgy wedding ceremony, but no sooner do they put their marriage on the fast track than The Joker appears! And when The Joker kidnaps the Caped Crusader, will he give his old foe a piece of his mind or bash in his brains?
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Well... Bruce was a damn fool in this. The fact that that's sorta acknowledged doesn't really help matters.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Incredible Member

I kept expecting it to be The Joker's dream.

I actually want Joker to be his Best Man

Tom King continues to Tom King.

wow...................
    The J-man

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I really liked the many elements of this. The formalism with the modified 9 panel grids, the exploration of theology, and the last scene with Catwoman diving in. Janin's art had a lot more detail than War of Jokes and Riddles, so that was a good thing, and June Chung's colors were really nicely judged - overwhelmingly grey and cool, but nice touches or warm or bold, like Joker's hair and the reflections on Catwoman's goggles. I'm just worried that this will be like I Am Suicide - a great setup, but kinda whimpering payoff.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

I don't know how to feel after reading this... Its like some surreal, absurd parody...

Always Rakzo

Boy, this was awkward as expected.

For one, the Joker acts much dumber than usual, is like he doesn't have any plan and is just making things up as he goes (which goes against all of his portrayals in recent years). More importantly, he sounds INCREDIBLY annoying which is something that I've nobody else to blame but myself for not seeing it coming.

Worst of all and expected as well, this just seems like a bunch of ideas that King probably thought were creative during a brainstorming session but simply said "I'm done" before even getting an actual good idea of how to implement them into the plot in way that makes real sense. This is just... bizarre, and not in a good way.

Great art at least. I highly disliked Snyder's OP Joker but I think I even prefer him to THIS.

I can't read this run anymore. Sorry Tom King, I tried.

BANNED

And the award for worst writer 2018 for Batman goes to Tom King.

Wow. This was truly bad. Read like bad fan fiction. Batman praying with the Joker after he just killed an entire wedding party including a bride and groom on their wedding day? Really?

Yeah I just don’t understand the plot which is something a editor who doesn’t get bullied by his writer will do. Good writer can and have produced sub par stories and I King is doing just that with Batman. We are approaching 50 issues but the main theme is a wedding and nothing else. This is the only Tom King series I didn’t like. The Wedding isn’t that big to me

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    Wow. This was truly bad. Read like bad fan fiction. Batman praying with the Joker after he just killed an entire wedding party including a bride and groom on their wedding day? Really?
    And he says nothing but "Amen" the entire time?

Hey, I guess Batman can just help out the Joker in Tom King's new series with a little therapy.

Honestly, i thought Joker here was overwhelming.