Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I don’t think anyone is making such an assumption. Marvel would certainly try and keep him. But they didn’t manage to secure that exclusive contract so they have no hold over him. Because contracted artists only really make money based on page rate bonuses I just don’t believe the incentives are high enough in the current climate.

There is a risk to jumping onto an Image book for an artist because the money takes a long while to come in, but I would be shocked if this isn’t what’s really happening. The old “spend time with the family” line is a cliche, but it is doubly intriguing when both him and his wife are moving away from Marvel. Perhaps this will suggest a new Immonen/Immonen project. We would be unlikely to learn anything about this for a few months based on the Image policy of having to have a number of issues in the can before publishing.
    They've done stuff together in the past like Moving Pictures and Russian Olive to Red King but these were experimental works outside of the usual publishers fans are used to.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I had hoped they both would have moved to DC (specifically Wonder Woman) as they are both amazingly talented, but also I suppose not.