BANNED

Default Superman-The Lost Years.

There is an extented period of Pre Flashpoint Superman that is missing. I am talking about the years that unfolded between Superman's final appearance in JMS's Grounded and his re-emergence in the Convergence tie in Superman book which ultimately ended him and his family in the first battle of Justice League with Darkseid.
    What happened during this period, assuming off course that it did happened since i am not sure what exactly the new 52 Universe was (a reshaped Pre Flashpoint Universe like the finale of Flashpoint suggested or a completely seperated new continuity).

Bite Your Head Off, Man Deathscythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    There is an extented period of Pre Flashpoint Superman that is missing. I am talking about the years that unfolded between Superman's final appearance in JMS's Grounded and his re-emergence in the Convergence tie in Superman book which ultimately ended him and his family in the first battle of Justice League with Darkseid.
    What happened during this period, assuming off course that it did happened since i am not sure what exactly the new 52 Universe was (a reshaped Pre Flashpoint Universe like the finale of Flashpoint suggested or a completely seperated new continuity).
    IIRC, there was an issue (maybe Wally's spin-off) that alluded to maybe only a year of time between the DCU as it was and then Flashpoint, then another year stuck in the domed cities. Could be wrong, of course.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I don't think it was necessarily years. They were probably abducted by Brainiac just before Flashpoint, since Brainiac's whole MO was stealing cities from 'doomed timelines'.

I still don't understand how Convergence ties into the whole 'Superman split' which Manhattan is allegedly responsible for and Oz is aware of.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I doubt we'll ever see the creative and sales disaster that was Convergence ever referenced again except possibly in a single line that hand-waves the story away.

In other words, Convergence is the DC equivalent of Marvel turning Punisher into an angel fighting demons on Earth with ghost guns