Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Default Weapon X #19 Preview

Nice Deathstrike has a bit of perspective on how everyone on that team isn't exactly an upstanding citizen.

The may be the still-clunky writing, but Domino comes off as a hypocrite trying to play morality police here, when she's a bank robber & killer as well -in addition to taking nothing seriously but money most of this adventure.

But I guess someone has to be the MP, because Warpath is gone right now. She may be out soon too. This is set to become a more anti-villainous team, and she's not gonna get on well with Creed. So there may be 3 new members on that Silhouette poster.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-01-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Seeing Omega Red with a baby tiger in his arm purring is something I didn't know I needed ?
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Domino: "Ugh, whatever, gosh. I cannot handle this today. I'm cold and would much rather be robbing a bank. Preferably somewhere in sunny Miami."

Smh
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Seeing Omega Red with a baby tiger in his arm purring is something I didn't know I needed ?
    It is a sight. Though I am more partial to Creed holding it. lol
    Creed's New Baby.jpg

Which he'll be doing again after Omega Red gets them in trouble.
    DaiHiEKWsAQLAi_.jpg

On a slight-preview-review note, I can definitely see people still annoyed with Domino's characterization. So hopefully she really will be leaving after chapter 21. I can still agree she'd do better to get to leave. Sabretooth I am still wary about. But we did have Yuriko confirm that he's smarter than people think. Along with not wanting to start needless fights with an army of people like Red is willing to do.

So he SEEMS to be decent from what I can see. MAYBE this book won't be poison to him the rest of the way. If his characterization is at least decent, I can somewhat enjoy.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-01-2018 at 06:57 AM.

The preview looks good to me.

In regards to Domino, well some one has to be the morally sound character with Warpath gone. And I doubt she lasts long in this comic. I just have a hard time seeing her working with these characters.

And if Domino were to leave, I could actually see Sabretooth becoming the Moral Police character on this team based on the few reveals that we have seen of the new lineup. He could sort of be the team leader who has to keep the more murderous members of his team in line. Assuming that Domino leaves the book of course.

And I could easily see Deathstrike trying to betray Sabretooth in regards to whomever Creed is working for. She could end up taking every thing that Creed is working to gain. That or she could just turn Creed in. And why is Deathstrike working with the Weapon X team? I thought that she hated mutants. Has that changed, or does Creed have something he is using against her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    It's SO cute lol

@ArchAngelSliver
    I can see that. I have my doubts, but recently, I had a lot of doubts that ended up happening.

Throughout this book, Sabretooth has been the troublemaker, who just wants to go wild & do whatever with no kind of thought, and he never listened to anyone. Then he complains how boring the team is because they won't kill anyone. So I could see a character arc where he's now in the position Logan was. Where he''s a leader and has to be more responsible, and dealing with a team, or some members, who don't wanna cooperate or think they can do better.

I disagreed with the characterization of Sabretooth acting like he's never been a leader before. He co-ruled Madriopor with Mystique, was a leader of The Hand for a time, in addition to a crime lord in Asia. So perhaps meaning first time being a leader where he's trying to do something decent, and it's not as simple as leading murders for vengeance or money & not caring what the price is for your goals.

So it is possible that if Domino leaves, Creed really will have to step up his game because he may be dealing with a team who is currently more bloodthirsty than he is. Far as a Heart or Morality Police, I was hoping Monet would join up. Having her around certainly would keep Creed stable. She was his motivation to fight turning evil again in Bunncanny. It can work, but there's plenty of flaws with that premise as well. And given the shadow figures, we know none of them are her. But a pairing fan has to have some dreams. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-01-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Cute baby tiger

Wait... Omega Red's a mutant? All this time I thought he was a normal human serial killer before going through some type of Weapon + type program and he gained his abilities that way.

Astonishing Member

Ummm...Monet should want to decapitate creed on the spot for keeping her enslaved to Marius. So, no, hope she's not in the book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Wait... Omega Red's a mutant? All this time I thought he was a normal human serial killer before going through some type of Weapon + type program and he gained his abilities that way.
    He is a mutant. IIRC the Russians discovered he is a mutant when he continued to survive their attempts to execute him.
    He also has death spores, life energy absorption and is a ten tonner in superhuman strength.
    The army only gave him the carbonadium tentacles

BANNED

Cute baby tiger followed tiger family slaughter. Not cute.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Ummm...Monet should want to decapitate creed on the spot for keeping her enslaved to Marius. So, no, hope she's not in the book.
    Given Marvel's lack of continuity, Creed + Monet got left in the air. If given closure, she could've chosen to leave Creed. Or told him to go, since those feedings were slowly killing him.

Honestly, the relaunch, then separating them with no explanation dumped pn their Uncanny relationship. Because it does look like Creed abandoned her when she was lost to Emplate. And given his protectiveness of her, that's bad handling on Marvel's end.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-01-2018 at 01:10 PM.