Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

How many people died when Xorn posing as Magneto enslaved the human population of NYC and destroyed part of the city?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Ultron slaughtered the entire small nation of Slorenia which had a population of close to 750,000 people. It was in the Ultron Unlimited story in Avengers (vol 2) issues 19-22.

Star-Lord sacrified the lives of 350 000 innocent people to stop the Fallen One. Later, he was also blamed himself for the death of millions killed by the Ultron-led Phalanx.

Holy Crap?!Is it just me are these "heroes" kinda ineffective?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    When you start putting all the casualty lists side by side, it certainly begins to look like that, doesn't it?

We also don't know how many people Hydra Cap executed by firing squad like he did with Rick Jones.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Ultron slaughtered the entire small nation of Slorenia which had a population of close to 750,000 people. It was in the Ultron Unlimited story in Avengers (vol 2) issues 19-22.
    I remember that now. Perez was doing art and story?

Okay, I think the worldwide casualty lists just for Earth must be up to over 20 million now. And that's not counting Atlantis.

In the USA Kang still holds the record for wiping out 6 million people in Washington DC. Nationwide over 7 million.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I remember that now. Perez was doing art and story?

Okay, I think the worldwide casualty lists just for Earth must be up to over 20 million now. And that's not counting Atlantis.

In the USA Kang still holds the record for wiping out 6 million people in Washington DC. Nationwide over 7 million.
    Edit - the 2017 population of New York City was 8.5 million. If only 0.5% of those died during Secret Empire while the city was in the dark zone, that would still be 40,000 people murdered.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The population of Regina, Saskatchewan was, for all intents and purposes, wiped out in Hickman's Avengers run. Google suggests roughly 236,000. I don't know if it's been established in the comics, but it's always worth pointing out that it was Deadpool's home.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Well, when you start to think about it, living in a world with Superheroes would actually be kind of terrible .

Death aliens count?, because there was a whole event when like half of space Marvel was destroyed.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Archangel and Holocaust wiped out a North Dakota(?) town during the Dark Angel Saga, killing 3,000+.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, when you start to think about it, living in a world with Superheroes would actually be kind of terrible .
    Yes, now.

Fifty years ago, not so much. Then everyone dreamed of having Superman or Spider-Man around to make things better. Back then killing an entire city was usually the villains end game, not their opening move.

But this thread is starting to show that, because of the way the stories are now written, a world with super-heroes actually means you are MORE like to die horribly, not less.
    Last edited by brettc1; 06-02-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Yes, now.

Fifty years ago, not so much. Then everyone dreamed of having Superman or Spider-Man around to make things better. Back then killing an entire city was usually the villains end game, not their opening move.

But this thread is starting to show that, because of the way the stories are now written, a world with super-heroes actually means you are MORE like to die horribly, not less.
    Is even worse when you think about how those villains/heroes goes unpunished and are back on the streets in no time unless they happen to kill some character people like.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Is even worse when you think about how those villains/heroes goes unpunished and are back on the streets in no time unless they happen to kill some character people like.
    Yes.

Take Malekith the Dark Elf for example. In the recent Thor stories he had orchestrated the deaths of thousands. But even if Aaron kills him off in the near future, some writer down the track can still bring him back.

Effectively justice does not exist for characters like him.

Extraordinary Member

Doctor Doom experimented on and murdered about a dozen Asgardians during the JMS run.

Malekith and his allies have killed at least a thousand Elves of Alfheim.

During Fear Itself Cul and his minions go on a rampage through New York. No official casualty numbers.