Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
Many people don't like "politics" in comics today because their political idealogies sound like 3rd rate Marvel villians. That really screws with their power fantasies.
Wait... what? Whom do you mean when you say "their"?

I don't think it's politics more than how it's done. The views of the writer has always made its way into the books. But it was masked and woven into the story in such a way, it wasn't distracting from the book's plot, which wasn't the topic of real-life happenings (generally). It's not used to push the story or hidden in the background to make you think later, whether later is an hour, day or year after the fact. Then once it's done, its not even revisted, its just spat out and then onto the next theme. Taylor has bounced from one topic to three in as little issues. Echo chambering put to paper, essentially. If I wanted to approach a new real world topic every issue I'd just watch CNN, FOX, or even TYT. I think ignoring this is a reason why comic readers are less and less enthused to about reading each year or month. That and it's dying out as less people these days are into reading in general, but not making new fans and driving away old fans doesnt help.