Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Did Black Bolt release the Terrigen Mists on purpose?

I have started this thread to clear some things up. In X-Men Red Annual, Jean calls the release of the Terrigen Mists an accident. However, during the war between the X-Men and the Inhumans, I recall some people saying that the T-Bomb was activated not just to stop Thanos, but because of a prophecy, or that they would be released anyway. Who is right, then?

He released them on purpose, in the context of Infinity; the side-effect of mutant genocide was the "accident" referred to.
    Last edited by akiresu_; 06-01-2018 at 04:43 PM. Reason: grammar

BANNED

M Pox was an accident, releasing the mists was 100% Black Bolt's plan because of Thanos and the Progenitors. It's not like he stumbled on the bomb and thought "oops", since saying it would level a city.

It was released on purpose, the side effect of the t-mist an accident however this accident went on for 8 months. And stopped being just an accident

Releasing the mists was not an accident, it being poisonous to mutants were. IIRC on an Inhumans book it was said that Maximus sabotaged it. Though that's kind of a retcon as I think it was shown to kill mutants(and also humans maybe) before lol.

BANNED

Which retcon are we on?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Releasing the mists was not an accident, it being poisonous to mutants were. IIRC on an Inhumans book it was said that Maximus sabotaged it. Though that's kind of a retcon as I think it was shown to kill mutants(and also humans maybe) before lol.
    Not sure if it was sabotage. Didn't Maximus just put some stuff on the bomb that ensured the mist would not fade or something? His only actual villainous act in the war was creating terrigen to waste it on a super sentai sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, it was in Son of M and PAD's X-Factor. Pietro was trying to use Terrigen crystals to restore the powers of mutants post-Decimation and it started making their powers go crazy, killing some of them

I guess we are really supposed to believe that in centuries of Inhuman history they never knew that the mists could be poisonous to mutants?

BANNED

He knew the mists are deadly to the mutant race. This is the point.

Son of M #6

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post

Son of M #6
    Oh wow, I read that mini ages ago and I didn't remember any of that. The exposé. The hipocrisy of it all. Black Bolt and Medusa are truly the most cruel and vile villains in the history of the X-Men.

Weren't the Mists lethal to humans as well, giving them powers that killed them? I think it was shown in Silent War, but I'm not sure.

Basically BB with the help of his crazy brother used the Thanos attack as an excuse to release the bomb with the alien mist. That way no one would know the truth that BB intended to release the bomb even without the Thanos attack all people and heroes think it was an accident. Few knew the truth like Karnak.

The mist was designed to transform humans who inherited genes from inhumans by the time they lived on the planet before they went into space. The goal was to create as many inhumans as possible in the quickest way to deal with some kind of threat due to a prophecy. BB also knew that not all humans with inhuman genes would survive the transformation and die in the process.

So the bomb and the transformation were not accidents was something planned for him to get an army .

What was not expected was that the cloud had a bad effect on mutants. It is not known when it started since initially it appeared to not affect mutants but this has changed taking effects from small pains to death or make mutants sterile.

The biggest problem in this story is that marvel has forgotten or ignored that the substance that transforms humans into inhumans has already proved harmful to mutants in the past when Pietro tried using inhuman crystals to bring back the powers of mutants after decimation and BB and Medusa knew of this. Soon all the theory that marvel tries to create to justify the actions of BB are not valid if you respect continuity .

Ultimate Member

And don't forget Medusa's 180 degree change from fighting to the death to keep the mists going and knowingly killing mutants to then to have her say that losing even one mutant life because of the mist is one life to many...

Astonishing Member

it was always on purpose

the retcon was that it did nothing on mutants, or that they didnt know the efect it would have on mutants.

In Quicksilver: Son of M, the Inhumans saw what the terrigen mists did to mutants, they saw Unus the Untouchable die from being exposed to terrigen mists, which made his force field so strong air and light couldnt pass through it, so he chocked to death.

And in X-Factor, Abyss had to hide himself and his friends Fatale and Reaper in the Brimstone dimension, because the terrigen mists were going to kill all of them. (Quicksilver exposed them to terrigen mists to repower them)
    they were stuck in that dimension for a long time, and were rescued by a scientist who tortured, drained them, leaving them depowered again

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post

Son of M #6
    wow, lost more respect for the inhumans, as if that were possible