Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I surprised they didn't pull a Wanda and have Doom take the blame.

Astonishing Member

Quicksilver Son of M 6

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Doom took the blame because he loves Wanda. That is the only logical explanation.
    It makes no sense for Doom to create a reality in which Magneto is the most powerful man in the world, Exodus is the dictator of Australia, Apocalypse the dictator of Egypt, and Madison Jeffries the dictator of Santo Marco.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

They retconned it so that the terrigen mists weren't deadly to humans and mutants. Then, out of nowhere, they re-reconned it to make it deadly just to mutants. When "Son of M" was written, Quicksilver was still a mutant, and the way terrigen worked was an accelerator to non-inhumans, so even humans could gain powers, but they became so intense that they would go against themselves. Quicksilver practically became the Flash when he exposed himself. He didn't die.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    He knew the mists are deadly to the mutant race. This is the point.

Son of M #6
    That's not being deadly to the mutant race. That's causing the powers of the Decimated to kill them. Completely different things. Terrigen was showing zero effects against mutants at that time.

Although we still have Decimated people, so... this should still have been an issue.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I think he did and that he was aware of the risks to humans mutants .. . He should be put to trial.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I think he did and that he was aware of the risks to humans mutants .. . He should be put to trial.
    Impossible he has some kind of immunity. Besides few Inhumans know the truth to all the mist was an accident.

Trying to arrest BB would only create a problem with the Inhumans and after SE doubt the government has such intention.

The deaths are mostly of mutants then most governments and people have no problem with this and some probably wanted mutants to be eradicated.

Crystal even used Frenzy to threaten UN members to gain their sympathy by attracting more hatred against the mutants in exchange for helping to save mutants as they followed the inhuman mist on their airship. The way Cyclops has been turned into a villain by public opinion or manipulation by Medusa (depending on whether you believe her response to Havok or not) has turned the mutants into the culprits instead of the victims.

Anyway unless BB himself takes the blame publicly nobody can do anything.

BANNED

All I know is that I used to like the Inhuman royal family, especially Black Bolt.
    And now I can't stand them, especially Medusa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    it was Cyclops who ended up with the blame and being labeled Hitler which is ironic considering who was actually gassing the victims.

Fantastic Member

as far as I remember the t-mist Black Bolt used as a bomb in infinity war is not exactly the same thing as it was in Son of M. Maximus promised to Black Bolt that he tinkered the mist to be harmless to both human and mutant. And it was supposed to be harmless until it is retconed in Extraordinary X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    as far as I remember the t-mist Black Bolt used as a bomb in infinity war is not exactly the same thing as it was in Son of M. Maximus promised to Black Bolt that he tinkered the mist to be harmless to both human and mutant. And it was supposed to be harmless until it is retconed in Extraordinary X-men.
    Where was that stated? Infinity?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    All I know is that I used to like the Inhuman royal family, especially Black Bolt.
    And now I can't stand them, especially Medusa.
    To me, even the Royal Family, who were supposed to be amongst the progressive Inhumans, ending their eugenics and slavery and whatnot, were only ever cautionary characters, showing us how not to be. They really were never heroic figures. Even before recently, we had Gorgon throwing a hissy when his daughter dared date an Alpha Primitive, causing somewhat of an international incident. These were never nice people. From the beginning, they were holier than thou buttocks, except for Crystal, who was mostly just an immature flake.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    To me, even the Royal Family, who were supposed to be amongst the progressive Inhumans, ending their eugenics and slavery and whatnot, were only ever cautionary characters, showing us how not to be. They really were never heroic figures. Even before recently, we had Gorgon throwing a hissy when his daughter dared date an Alpha Primitive, causing somewhat of an international incident. These were never nice people. From the beginning, they were holier than thou buttocks, except for Crystal, who was mostly just an immature flake.
    I liked this miniseries.

http://marvel.com/comics/series/2027/inhumans_2000

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Quicksilver Son of M 6

What? I didn't know about this. Why did IvX make the Inhumans look like the good guys?

#EmmaFrostWasRight

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psi-Lord View Post
    Where was that stated? Infinity?
    I've been skimming over Infinity and the New Avengers tie-ins and haven't seen anything showing Maximus told him that.