Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I like them for the most part. I thought that it was a neat story idea to take a group of X-Men and show them what a hell that their lives would become. The problem with them is that their story never really progressed fast enough, and they really didn't do much to have an effect on changing their future. Personally, I find Cyclops to be the most annoying. And Angel's fire wings are pretty ridiculous, and the Black Vortex is about the only story he has gotten since coming to the future

In my opinion, Cullen Bunn in X-Men Blue, and Dennis Hopeless on the Jean Grey solo comic did the most to get any thing out of the concept.

BANNED

Can't stand them

Cyclops is a little bitch
    Angel is nothing
    Iceman is nothing
    Beast is a nasty snide
    Jean is a mary Sue

They need to go

I don't get the xmen blue love, it's just a book made up of bad copies of great characters and no direction.

Gold is about heroes and red is about changing the world.

They were a bad idea... they remain a bad idea... they won't be missed.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Don't like em. I feel like their presence alone in the X-Universe makes it more convoluted than is necessary. As a Jean fan, Teen Jean kinda grates on me. I realize she's a teenager and she's supposed to read as angsty from time to time but in her mini-series, she was SO annoying. Also, I feel like Teen Jean, takes away from the other 4 time-displaced X-Men because almost every single storyline they're involved in tends to focus on her much much more than any other member of the team, even when the storyline isn't a Teen Jean-centric storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Can't stand them

Cyclops is a little bitch
    Angel is nothing
    Iceman is nothing
    Beast is a nasty snide
    Jean is a mary Sue

They need to go

I don't get the xmen blue love, it's just a book made up of bad copies of great characters and no direction.

Gold is about heroes and red is about changing the world.
    HA!

And Blue is about "by any means necessary" and asking the question: "Do the ends justify the means?" It's a theme that's been made apparent ever since the Blue/Gold crossover.

I thought the 05 was an interesting storyline, up until the BoTA. After that, like most Bendis ideas, the plotline meandered and they have long overstayed their welcome. The truth is when advertised before the first ANXM came out, I was very excited about how the concept, but i was thinking in the short term. and in the short term it was. the first couple of arcs were really great - much like most of Bendis's output, great idea, great start, and pointless after the first act.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think it was a good way to introduce modern readers to the 05. I think they have overstayed their welcome at this point. I'm surprised we did not get to see them quit wanting to be X-men altogether and explored different aspects of themselves.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

It was an interesting idea for an arc... they overstayed their "welcome" 6-years ago. Uninteresting and annoying. They took up way too much panel time from characters without doubles.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.