Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Should the school be closed?

Controversial opinion but hear me out....they are terrible at it. The fatality rate is outrageous. It seems like even pro mutant groups would want the X-Mansion out of commission.

How long did Belen last once she arrived 2 days?

The X-Men obviously can't manage this.

Thoughts?

School is needed. But it need a better defense systems.

Too many kids died lately. It is not right.

The school used to be relatively competent, but since the early 2000s it's kinda gotten really crap and kids keep dying all the time. In comparison to how it used to be, the security's even gotten worse.

All-New Member

They could always make Wolverine headmaster again. I don't remember any student dying in his watch.

Between ice fortresses on the flank, flying robots in the sky, Danger Rooms in the bath, monster islands in the lawn, X-Force in the back, and of course, Doop in the hall, he had it covered.

I'd like a school and the main X-Men teams to be seperate. Have the school be somewhere else ala Generation X. Maybe Emma could start it up again.

I actually agree with Tenebrae. It's just stupid to have the school and the X-men HQ as the same place as that puts all of the students in unnecessary danger (or at least in more danger than they otherwise would of been).

Quote Originally Posted by Robohut View Post
    They could always make Wolverine headmaster again. I don't remember any student dying in his watch.

Between ice fortresses on the flank, flying robots in the sky, Danger Rooms in the bath, monster islands in the lawn, X-Force in the back, and of course, Doop in the hall, he had it covered.
    Never was a big fan of headmaster Wolverine, but i'm surprised that it wasn't a bigger killer count during his tenure.

Wolverine doesn't really strike me as someone who would be a good headmaster, like, at all.

Anyway, I don't think the school should necessarily be closed, but that they way it currently operates should be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by PenUltimateInkmaster View Post
    Wolverine doesn't really strike me as someone who would be a good headmaster, like, at all.

Anyway, I don't think the school should necessarily be closed, but that they way it currently operates should be changed.
    Most fans didn't buy the idea, including me. He is a decent mentor, but not much more.

Mighty Member

I really think there should be more than one school. A small school with the man team in NYC( X men Gold), a school in Chicago with a re imagined X Factor, and a west coast school ( X men Blue or a new Uncanny X-Men). I also think the Massachusetts Academy( New Gen X book) should also be utilized. And they should have a relationship with the Braddock school with Excalibur.

Astonishing Member

The school should stay open but move to a place with less blind spots, and less civilians surrounding them so they can test there powers. Also there needs to be more branches in other parts of the world.

The school is needed because it is probably the only in the world that trains and serves as refuge for mutants.

But you're right in the last few years it seems the X-men do not even care about student deaths or school intrusions. In older stories you could see that every death mattered and there was a moment of mourning as well as security analysis to improve the same but nowadays none of that happens. It is as if the death of students were something normal as well as intrusions into school.

Considering what the X-mens have faced somebody like Cassandra or Raven should not be able to break into the school so easily. Should be measures to prevent them from invading the school because they have done it before.

I remember how the X-men reacted to the death of those students on the bus but recently in Gold for example the deaths had no impact. Damn, they managed to bring a bomb into the school, and the X-mens act like this is the most normal thing in the world and not understand how Kitty's brilliant idea of putting the school in a metropolitan area or park works?

Even when they took the school to Limbo it seemed like the most stupid idea in the world mainly because there were better options which made me wonder if writers and editors think readers are such idiots or if they're just lazy.
    Last edited by Knives; 06-03-2018 at 09:20 AM.

I think the school and the X-Men HQ should be two separate buildings. I miss it when the “school” was just a big mansion in which the main X-Men lived in.

Yah, I miss the 80's and 90's mansion. Just a big ol' mansion house. *le sigh*

BANNED

Currently the school is just a scenario, since Gold is about Kitty, Red is about the new mutant nation and Blue is about tackling threats the "main team" doesn't go against. Might as well close it since, for plot purposes, no book treats it as more than background. Speaking on practical terms, naturally.