Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Originally, the X-Mansion/Xavier was not a normal school, it was primarily a training center for Mutant warriors. That's why Xavier created the Danger Room. That's why Xavier created the X-Men.
    Even the New Mutants were not just students.
    It was Morrison who really turned a warrior school into a normal school for non-combatant teenagers.

That being said, I agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I'd like a school and the main X-Men teams to be seperate. Have the school be somewhere else ala Generation X. Maybe Emma could start it up again.
    Also, they need to get back to Westchester and maybe Utopia, but no schism, please.
    The East Coast X-Men and The West Coast X-Men.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 06-03-2018 at 11:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Controversial opinion but hear me out....they are terrible at it. The fatality rate is outrageous. It seems like even pro mutant groups would want the X-Mansion out of commission.

How long did Belen last once she arrived 2 days?

The X-Men obviously can't manage this.

Thoughts?
    If this were real life and not a comic book, the answer would be yes, it should be closed.

But this is fiction and real children are not at risk and the X-Mansion is an iconic locale so it will never close.

Arkham Asylum does a horrible job of doing what it's supposed to do - keeping psychos locked up - but yet it will never close or be replaced by a more efficient institution.

By the same token, despite the X-Mansion's poor record of keeping its occupants safe, it will forever be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    School is needed. But it need a better defense systems.

Too many kids died lately. It is not right.
    They did have a great natural defense system when Krakoa was on their grounds. God knows why they got rid of him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robohut View Post
    So what you're saying is... Wolverine was right?

You can't take it back now.
    If Wolverine was right, then Jean and Ororo are wrong, right? You know, Jeen, Anole, Glob Herman and Ernst (EXM), and Gabby and Laura (X-Men Red).

Back on topic, I like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They should keep the school, but start admitting ANY superhuman kids. Like Avengers Academy. If they have powers, they need to be trained to use them responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Originally, the X-Mansion/Xavier was not a normal school, it was primarily a training center for Mutant warriors. That's why Xavier created the Danger Room. That's why Xavier created the X-Men.
    Even the New Mutants were not just students.
    It was Morrison who really turned a warrior school into a normal school for non-combatant teenagers.
    Xavier actually tried to do different with the NM than he had with the X-men. They were not to go on missions and the book primarily focused on the school aspect in the beginning. Most of their stories came bc they didnt listen and would sneak out and get in trouble or they would happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. But for the most part they were not heroes or mutant warriors. Xavier (and later Magneto) tried to keep them safe and out of any fighting. It wasnt until Cable, that they were being groomed as warriors

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PenUltimateInkmaster View Post
    While you're right, DDM, there's also a bigger risk for the students despite that. Even if the presence of the X-men serves as a deterrent, there are still villains who would attack the school regardless, which, again, puts the students in danger.

If they were to seperate the school and the X-men HQ, then the school would need a lot of security, maybe even more than the HQ, just to ensure that the students are safe. That, or they would have to place the school somewhere discreet and non-descript, or a secret location or something.
    While I agree in theory, from what we’ve actually seen the X-Men being based at the current school hasn’t really resulted in any supervillian attacks on the grounds due to targeting the X-Men themselves. In fact all the attacks so far were targeted at the students alone or just mutants generally, not the X-Men specifically. I really just don’t think this is the issue it’s being made out to be and the upside of having the X-Men on premesis outweighs the arguments against.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Except Storm and Kitty were his Headmistresses, his most trusted advisors, they took over running the school after he died, they continued his philosophy, and now a bunch of kids are dead.

Whoops.
    Ororo and Kitty were faced with pretty different circumstances from Logan and have taken vastly different approaches. If anything Ororo’s Limbo quarantine more resembles the isolationist Utopia, and Kitty’s Central Park integration reminds me of the original SF Freak Flag Manifest Destiny days. If anything you could argue both took a more Cyclops like approach to location... perhaps that’s really why their death counts similarly rose?

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    If Wolverine was right, then Jean and Ororo are wrong, right? You know, Jeen, Anole, Glob Herman and Ernst (EXM), and Gabby and Laura (X-Men Red).

Back on topic, I like this one.
    Logan’s stance wasn’t that kids couldn’t fight, it was that they didn’t HAVE to. Every child doesn’t have to be a soldier is all.
    Last edited by DDM; 06-03-2018 at 11:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Xavier actually tried to do different with the NM than he had with the X-men. They were not to go on missions and the book primarily focused on the school aspect in the beginning. Most of their stories came bc they didnt listen and would sneak out and get in trouble or they would happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. But for the most part they were not heroes or mutant warriors. Xavier (and later Magneto) tried to keep them safe and out of any fighting. It wasnt until Cable, that they were being groomed as warriors
    They were simply abandoned by Xavier and Magneto. Poor kids.

BANNED

Also worth noting the NM were only formed because Brood Xavier was hungry. Eep!

I also think maybe what happened with the Secret Second Gen / Moira’s Class could be retconned in as having an impact on how Xavier handled the NM versus the previous teen X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Also worth noting the NM were only formed because Brood Xavier was hungry. Eep!

I also think maybe what happened with the Secret Second Gen / Moira’s Class could be retconned in as having an impact on how Xavier handled the NM versus the previous teen X-Men.
    Brood Xavier? I need context please.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Brood Xavier? I need context please.
    Xavier was infected with a Brood embryo on the X-men's first encounter with the alien race. He returned to Earth, thinking the X-men were dead and formed the New Mutants. The Brood embryo eventually hatched and attacked the kids but they were saved by the returning X-men. The Shi'ar had Xavier's body cloned and transferred his mind into the new body. Thats how he first got the use of his legs back

Xavier was infected with a Brood embryo on the X-men's first encounter with the alien race. He returned to Earth, thinking the X-men were dead and formed the New Mutants. The Brood embryo eventually hatched and attacked the kids but they were saved by the returning X-men. The Shi'ar had Xavier's body cloned and transferred his mind into the new body. Thats how he first got the use of his legs back
    Interesting, thanks for the info. How was New Mutants by the way? It's worth checking?.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Interesting, thanks for the info. How was New Mutants by the way? It's worth checking?.
    No problem. The series was great and definitely worth reading. The series dips a bit when Claremont leaves and Simonson takes over, but her material isnt bad; just not as good as before

Astonishing Member

I think that once the school was outed to the world, it became a lot easier to justify bringing threats to the X-Men. And once the threat was there, look who's here and can die to show how dangerous this threat is?

So really, writers should just be persuaded to bring the X-Men out into the wider world more.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Controversial opinion but hear me out....they are terrible at it. The fatality rate is outrageous. It seems like even pro mutant groups would want the X-Mansion out of commission.

How long did Belen last once she arrived 2 days?

The X-Men obviously can't manage this.

Thoughts?
    No. The school shouldn't be closed; it should be franchised. There should be Xavier Institutes all over the world, each one armed to the teeth.

it really makes for a great setting. So, no it shouldn’t be closed. I don’t care if it’s attacked every week.