Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

A couple of non-overstated durability and soak feats for Cap:

Tanking shots from Red Skull, who was absolutely going all out and who, as mentioned, put inch deep fist prints into a 3/4 inch thick bulletproof metal shield. As in: combat rifle bullets don't even scratch it.

You can argue that the bomb that launched Cap through the bank window in Avengers was absorbed by his shield. You can't argue about his body totalling the car it hits, and Cap just getting up and continuing the fight moments later (notably, once his hearing comes back).

Cap is shot 3 times by Bucky. He still manages to fix the targeting system, then jumps down and lifts a steel girder off of Bucky. He then plays punching bag to a clearly bloodlusted Bucky - not resisting or rolling with punches at all, and keeps trying to talk him down. Yeah, that eventually wears him out, but Ollie wouldn't have survived ONE of those shots to the head under the same conditions (not resisting, not blocking, not even capable of rolling back).

He got hit with a Chitauri weapon, one of those things that blows up a car, and while he feels it, he keeps on going from there.

Loki is strong enough to fight OK against a holding back Thor, and matches strength roughly perfectly with the "casually throws human-sized guys a hundred meters with one hand while wasted" Valkyrie. Cap takes several shots from Loki and doesn't even really slow down.

Cap takes numerous shots from SHIELD special ops guys, while one-handed and unable to dodge, and gets hit by multiple "this thing one shots everyone it ever touches except..." Stunsticks. And proceeds to dismantle all of them with no harm to show for it.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I agree with most of those in that list, the one exception being the Loki fight. Loki wanting to get caught makes the whole thing rather suspect, especially if you see using how Loki did in a later movie vs a different character as the benchmark.

If Loki wanted Cap dead, Cap would have been dead. Simple as. I don't think we can draw conclusions on Cap's durability from it.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Loki was fooling around.

About the fights - I think they are really 50/50s given the abilities of each. It will be who slips up.

As far as speed - Ollie did draw and beat the oncoming RPG and he did catch a Flash punch (not an ultimate speed punch but one at some superspeed.

At distance - I think Ollie can fill Cap's legs full of arrows before the shield toss. One problem with Cap is everyone shoots at the shield. If you train in this stuff you learn to deal with failure to stop with center mass shots.

However, it is still a close one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I don't see how. In just Avengers even, he took being very close that alien bomb and taking an energy blast to the body that was wrecking cars and was still fighting.
    He took an energy blast to the armoured costume, not to the body.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    A couple of non-overstated durability and soak feats for Cap:

Tanking shots from Red Skull, who was absolutely going all out and who, as mentioned, put inch deep fist prints into a 3/4 inch thick bulletproof metal shield. As in: combat rifle bullets don't even scratch it.

You can argue that the bomb that launched Cap through the bank window in Avengers was absorbed by his shield. You can't argue about his body totalling the car it hits, and Cap just getting up and continuing the fight moments later (notably, once his hearing comes back).

Cap is shot 3 times by Bucky. He still manages to fix the targeting system, then jumps down and lifts a steel girder off of Bucky. He then plays punching bag to a clearly bloodlusted Bucky - not resisting or rolling with punches at all, and keeps trying to talk him down. Yeah, that eventually wears him out, but Ollie wouldn't have survived ONE of those shots to the head under the same conditions (not resisting, not blocking, not even capable of rolling back).

He got hit with a Chitauri weapon, one of those things that blows up a car, and while he feels it, he keeps on going from there.

Loki is strong enough to fight OK against a holding back Thor, and matches strength roughly perfectly with the "casually throws human-sized guys a hundred meters with one hand while wasted" Valkyrie. Cap takes several shots from Loki and doesn't even really slow down.

Cap takes numerous shots from SHIELD special ops guys, while one-handed and unable to dodge, and gets hit by multiple "this thing one shots everyone it ever touches except..." Stunsticks. And proceeds to dismantle all of them with no harm to show for it.
    also, cap was shot in the leg and was still able to get up on the catwalk to the heli-carrier controls rather easily.

Ollie does not hit as hard as bukcy's metal arm. This is the minimum needed in this fight, if Ollie is too hope to stumble cap.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Ollie does not hit as hard as bukcy's metal arm. This is the minimum needed in this fight, if Ollie is too hope to stumble cap.
    Well, no, the metal arm was able to directly overpower Cap. I think Cap could beat himself down if faced with an identical clone or whatever. Not that I particularly see Ollie having the strength to do that, but Ollie seems at worse comparable to Cap in speed and skill. It's the strength and durability letting him down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimroy View Post
    Yeah sorry but its pretty telling that exactly 1 person thinks this is even a fight.
    TV Arrow is Comic Book Human, maybe even Peak Human in some aspects.
    MCU Cap is straight up comic book superhuman. It's just no contest.

MCU Cap wouldn't even have to work on the likes of Anarky, Lady Cop and whatever streetlevel villains of the week Oliver fights.
    If you were in a group of people that said something like "Winnie the pooh would totally stomp Freddie Frazbear" in a fight , and all but you agreed, would that make you any less wrong for disagreeing? The gap isn't the same here as it is in my comparison, and as shown later a couple people also don't think it's a stomp. Nevertheless, instead of judging a side for the number of people are arguing for it, you should actually take part in the conversations and present things that support your way of thinking.
    Last edited by Cody; 06-05-2018 at 09:03 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

The hits he took from Mirakuru enhanced beings(Slade being bloodlusted on the ship, Roy going on a mad rampage, heck the first Mirakuru mook he came across had no reason to hold back on him either, etc) is a comparable feat as those on Mirakuru showed to have the strength to easily punch through steel shipping crates, and flip cars. So I think that, yeah he could take at least one of those hits.
    Last edited by Cody; 06-05-2018 at 09:04 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well, no, the metal arm was able to directly overpower Cap. I think Cap could beat himself down if faced with an identical clone or whatever. Not that I particularly see Ollie having the strength to do that, but Ollie seems at worse comparable to Cap in speed and skill. It's the strength and durability letting him down here.
    Well durability they are at least comparable. Oliver has a slight speed edge, and a decent skill edge(again; Cap usually just overpowers his enemies with his superior strength, he is significantly skilled, but Oliver has cleared entire rooms of people as well, despite not being super human). Strength really is the significant factor here, as well as Caps endurance. Oliver does have the strength to hurt the guy, despite not being strong enough. But he will need to hit Cap more often than Cap would need to hit him.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

I haven't finished reading the whole thread yet, but has anyone mentioned when Cap got blasted by Ultron? Same blast was at least some sort of threat to Iron Man and iirc also took out a manhole sized chunk of asphalt and concrete.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I haven't finished reading the whole thread yet, but has anyone mentioned when Cap got blasted by Ultron? Same blast was at least some sort of threat to Iron Man and iirc also took out a manhole sized chunk of asphalt and concrete.
    Pretty sure it can vary in level of power, much like Tonys. I mean did it his him right on the chest, or on his shield?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Pretty sure it can vary in level of power, much like Tonys. I mean did it his him right on the chest, or on his shield?
    Just watched the fight again. First time was square on the chest with one hand firing the beam. It sent Cap off the trailer and into a cars windshield. Later in the same fight, an identical thing happens except this time Ultron fires with both hands. Again, right to the chest, off the trailer and into a cars windshield.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Just watched the fight again. First time was square on the chest with one hand firing the beam. It sent Cap off the trailer and into a cars windshield. Later in the same fight, an identical thing happens except this time Ultron fires with both hands. Again, right to the chest, off the trailer and into a cars windshield.
    Did the windshields even break either time?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Did the windshields even break either time?

The first blast takes place at :39. The second blast is at 2:15. Both times, he takes it to the chest and caves the windshield in.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!