Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What will be the Joker's form when he returns?

Scott Snyder has said that when the Joker returns he will have a new face and a new form. What do you think that might be? And what kind of explanation will he give?

I don't know about the face and form. I could see him going in any number of ways. As far as the explanation, I expect he will be deliberately very ambivalent and playing off the end of DOTF. That is, I expect, especially if the face and form really are noticeably different, that he will leave open the possibility that the Joker actually died at the end of DOTF and has been resurrected, thus fulfilling Bruce's dark musings about Gotham sending him back worse than before. Snyder won't come out and say that, but it may well be implied all over the place.

Such would fit not only with DOTF, but with Tec 27 and its implications that the Joker is, in fact, immortal, or at least the avatar of some immortal principal of Gotham. It would also fit with Snyder's statement that the Joker's first appearance was about love, and the second will be about hatred. That is, under Joker's anger at having been spurned by his "King" will be the implied lament "You killed me!"

penetrator of things

hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

BANNED

Hush is going to fix his face...

He's gonna need a lot of plastic surgery to fix the damage he's already done to himself

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Scott Snyder has said that when the Joker returns he will have a new face and a new form. What do you think that might be? And what kind of explanation will he give?

I don't know about the face and form. I could see him going in any number of ways. As far as the explanation, I expect he will be deliberately very ambivalent and playing off the end of DOTF. That is, I expect, especially if the face and form really are noticeably different, that he will leave open the possibility that the Joker actually died at the end of DOTF and has been resurrected, thus fulfilling Bruce's dark musings about Gotham sending him back worse than before. Snyder won't come out and say that, but it may well be implied all over the place.

Such would fit not only with DOTF, but with Tec 27 and its implications that the Joker is, in fact, immortal, or at least the avatar of some immortal principal of Gotham. It would also fit with Snyder's statement that the Joker's first appearance was about love, and the second will be about hatred. That is, under Joker's anger at having been spurned by his "King" will be the implied lament "You killed me!"
    The story about the Joker's "love" had him mutilated, deformed and demonically twisted. I want the story about his hate to see him light-on-his-feet, charming, human-looking and insidious. Like a man, but one who just focuses all his energies in a very specific way.

I had suspected a body swap with Earth 2 Joker till Dadbats filled him full of holes. And I believe Jokester is dead, right? What you guys have suggested is far more interesting than what we will likely get.

BANNED

Maybe he'll have his brain patterns overwrite Bruce's and then the Joker will realize that he needs to become the Batman and will secretly run around in Bruce's body being the Batman for a while.

I honestly can't imagine what he'll be like when he comes back. I mean he's had his face cut off. That's not something that's going to be wished away lightly. In fact that's my biggest worry about his return. I want him to have his face back, but I doubt I'll actually accept any explanation for it.

BANNED

The Joker shall take the form of Mr. Stay Puff.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Maybe he'll have his brain patterns overwrite Bruce's and then the Joker will realize that he needs to become the Batman and will secretly run around in Bruce's body being the Batman for a while.
    Superior Batman?

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

He'll be skinned from head to toe and look a bit like "The Beast" in the Shaq-Fu game except he'll wear a kitten fur bikini... because we always have to up the ante of how batcrap crazy sick cool Joker is. :P

He will be a transgendered, midget Mexican wrestler. Following Marvel's lead of pandering to the mainstream media, they'll announce this on The Price is Right.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Scott Snyder has said that when the Joker returns he will have a new face and a new form.
    Oh, thank the gods! DoTF Joker was terrible.

Actually that wasn't even the Joker.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'mNotDaredevil View Post
    Oh, thank the gods! DoTF Joker was terrible.

Actually that wasn't even the Joker.
    Agreed 1000%.

Quite frankly, "new face and a new form" doesn't exactly fill me with relief. Remember the mid-2000s, when Morrison made a big hoo-ha about taking his Joker in a new direction, which turned out to be turning him into a Mr. Zsasz ripoff?

He's going to be a woman. I'm serious. Female Loki, Female Thor. Its a trend.