19 24.05%
  • New Challengers

16 20.25%
  • The Unexpected

13 16.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Which titles are you enjoying from The New Age of DC Heroes

Just curious to see what everyone is enjoying (SO FAR) from this new line of books. I’ve picked Up quite of few of these issues already, and certainly have my faves.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Just curious to see what everyone is enjoying (SO FAR) from this new line of books. I’ve picked Up quite of few of these issues already, and certainly have my faves.
    Silencer is awesome, with the best art I've seen from the line from both JR JR and Bogdanovic. Curse of Brimstone is pretty interesting, though I don't know if it can be sustained too long unless it gets into something that feels more DC than Ghost Rider soon...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Silencer is awesome, with the best art I've seen from the line from both JR JR and Bogdanovic. Curse of Brimstone is pretty interesting, though I don't know if it can be sustained too long unless it gets into something that feels more DC than Ghost Rider soon...
    I really like Silencer. I LOVE The Terrifics and enjoyed the first issue of New Challengers.

So you would equate Curse of Brimstone to Ghost Rider? I wonder if I should check it out. Just flipping through the pages at my LCS, I thought it kinda looked boring. But haven’t read it yet....based on your recommendation I think I will give it a shot.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Haven't tried most of them; to me they don't feel like they're going to last very long or have too many new characters that will still be around in a couple of years.
    (Did try Terrifics #1-3, but really wasn't thrilled with how Lemire handled Holt and company.
    Too derivative of lackluster FF stuff from Marvel.)

Enjoying all of them, but The Terrifics is my favorite by far.

Looking forward to finally reading The Unexpected.
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    Enjoying all of them, but The Terrifics is my favorite by far.

Looking forward to finally reading The Unexpected.
    Agree with you on the Terrifics for sure. It is my fave.......I’m a bit cautious of trying The Unexpected. I haven’t been a fan of anything Orlando has written (with the exception of the suicide squad justic League mini).

BANNED

All I've read so far is a single issue of Sideways. I thought it was pretty eh overall, but I loved it solely because with a single line, it put the Jurgens Teen Titans back into canon.

While I haven't read it yet, Silencer definitely looks like something I'll enjoy when the first trade comes out. The creative team, the premise and positive response, the Kenan cameos and Deathstroke getting smacked around all look good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I haven’t been a fan of anything Orlando has written (with the exception of the suicide squad justic League mini).
    If you're talking about Justice League vs Suicide Squad, that was written by Williamson, not Orlando.

Extraordinary Member

I'm reading all of them. Voted for all (except the unreleased Unexpected) since not one of them has lost my interest yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    All I've read so far is a single issue of Sideways. I thought it was pretty eh overall, but I loved it solely because with a single line, it put the Jurgens Teen Titans back into canon.

While I haven't read it yet, Silencer definitely looks like something I'll enjoy when the first trade comes out. The creative team, the premise and positive response, the Kenan cameos and Deathstroke getting smacked around all look good to me.

If you're talking about Justice League vs Suicide Squad, that was written by Williamson, not Orlando.
    Then that explains it. I thought Orlando wrote that. So yeah, I haven’t enjoyed anything he’s written then.

BANNED

Deathstroke didn't get smacked around fyi.

I've only tried Terrifics, Sideways, and Immortal Men so far, but plan on trying out most of the others later on.

So far I'm really enjoying the hell out of Terrifics and Sideways; I've always been a fan of Holt, and it's been interesting seeing him in this "Reed Richards" kind of role; the new Phantom Girl is fun, and I enjoy the dynamic between Plas and Metamorpho. Sure, the whole thing reeks of FF plagiarism, but I'm a sucker for high concept ideas and this book is delivering some really fun moments. And I'll admit, any hero who fights a giant War Wheel gets the seal of approval from me. So now all I'm doing is waiting for the Doctor Doom rip-off to arrive so things can really get going.

And Sideways has just been a blast, and I like the way the book is trying to do a "Peter Parker" type of Everyman story while throwing these big cosmic forces into the mix. Rocafort's art is incredible as always. Plus, that issue where he fights the villain in just his mask and a hospital gown was tons of fun and basically won me over right there. If any of these characters survive this imprint and become regular additions to the DCU, my money is on Sideways (since the Terrifics are mostly established characters already).

Immortal Men hasn't impressed me as much yet, but it's interesting enough for me to stick with it for a bit longer. But of the three titles I'm reading, I expect this to be the first one I drop.

I'm also really looking forward to the Unexpected. I think that one looks very promising, and I'm as excited for that as I was for Sideways and Terrifics.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Deathstroke didn't get smacked around fyi.
    I have been lied to. Disappointing.

I have been lied to. Disappointing.
    Well, is get kicked out of a widow at least, and Honor is a match for him (sort of).

Overall, Silencer is my favorite, and after there is Curse of Brimstone, with its horror's vibes and the art. Then, Damage. I don't know why, I just like Ethan.

Silencer is my favorite, followed by Sideways. Enjoying Damage as well. Read the first 3 issues of the Terrifics, forgot to pick up issue 4. No interest in the other titles.

I have tried Damage, Terrifics, and Brimstone. Liked all three of them.

Will keep Damage on my pull-list for the foreseeable future.

Terrifics is good but I am really only buying it for Plastic Man. Will probably drop it soon and just pick up his min instead. We'll see.

Really liked Brimstone, just don't have the room om my pull-list. Mostly because of all the extra Bat-books I'm buying right now.
    Batman - Daredevil