• New Challengers

16 20.25%
  • The Unexpected

13 16.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

The Terrifics and New Challengers.

I tried everything else too but the other books didn't really do anything for me.

I've tried them all so far, my rankings:
    1. The Terrifics (Awesome book so far, except the 4th issue was a bit meh)
    2. Damage (This has really been growing on me, the last couple of issues)
    3. Curse of Brimstone (feels Vertigo, love the vibe)
    4. Silencer (Pretty decent, but I may drop it at some point, need to prune the pull list a bit)
    5. Sideways (Same as Silencer)
    6. New Challengers (First issue was a bit meh, but I'm giving it a chance)
    7. The Immortal Men (Didn't care for the first issue, dropped it)
    8. The Unexpected (Still waiting on the first issue, but with Orlando writing it could be a hit or a miss)

Fantastic Member

I've read all except the Unexpected (we'll see about that one tomorrow when it comes out), but only voted for my top three: Curse of Brimstone, Sideways, and the Terrifics. In that order.

Spectacular Member

The Terrifics is amazing! I have high hopes for the Unexpected.
    The Immoral Men is interesting and Sideways and New Challengers are fun reads.
    Damage isn't great (Weapon H and Hulk mixed), the Silencer is mediocre and the art on Curse of Brimstone is God awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Agree with you on the Terrifics for sure. It is my fave.......I’m a bit cautious of trying The Unexpected. I haven’t been a fan of anything Orlando has written (with the exception of the suicide squad justic League mini).
    It took awhile, but I finally started liking Orlando on JLA, and it became one of my favorites. I also liked his Midnighter mini.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I'm reading all of them. Voted for all (except the unreleased Unexpected) since not one of them has lost my interest yet.
    That's exactly how I feel. They're new and refreshing, and keeping me involved. They're just making the DC Universe a little bit richer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I've only tried Terrifics, Sideways, and Immortal Men so far, but plan on trying out most of the others later on.

So far I'm really enjoying the hell out of Terrifics and Sideways; I've always been a fan of Holt, and it's been interesting seeing him in this "Reed Richards" kind of role; the new Phantom Girl is fun, and I enjoy the dynamic between Plas and Metamorpho. Sure, the whole thing reeks of FF plagiarism, but I'm a sucker for high concept ideas and this book is delivering some really fun moments. And I'll admit, any hero who fights a giant War Wheel gets the seal of approval from me. So now all I'm doing is waiting for the Doctor Doom rip-off to arrive so things can really get going.

And Sideways has just been a blast, and I like the way the book is trying to do a "Peter Parker" type of Everyman story while throwing these big cosmic forces into the mix. Rocafort's art is incredible as always. Plus, that issue where he fights the villain in just his mask and a hospital gown was tons of fun and basically won me over right there. If any of these characters survive this imprint and become regular additions to the DCU, my money is on Sideways (since the Terrifics are mostly established characters already).

Immortal Men hasn't impressed me as much yet, but it's interesting enough for me to stick with it for a bit longer. But of the three titles I'm reading, I expect this to be the first one I drop.

I'm also really looking forward to the Unexpected. I think that one looks very promising, and I'm as excited for that as I was for Sideways and Terrifics.
    I have a hunch that The Unexpected could be the best of the bunch. We'll find out very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Silencer is my favorite, followed by Sideways. Enjoying Damage as well. Read the first 3 issues of the Terrifics, forgot to pick up issue 4. No interest in the other titles.
    I'll have to go with Terrifics, followed by New Challengers, Damage, Sideways, Silencer, Immortal Men, then Brimstone. Not a big fan of the art or the look of Brimstone.
    WHO DAT?!!

Speaking of New Challengers, does anybody know if Scott Snyder will continue to co-write it?

I really enjoyed the first issue.
    WHO DAT?!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    Speaking of New Challengers, does anybody know if Scott Snyder will continue to co-write it?

I really enjoyed the first issue.
    It is only a mini and he is still listed as co-writer in August's solicit for issue #4. Although it does change artist with that issue, but even though I complained about that happening with most of the books when it first made the news, I am glad V. Ken Marion will be the one taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is only a mini and he is still listed as co-writer in August's solicit for issue #4. Although it does change artist with that issue, but even though I complained about that happening with most of the books when it first made the news, I am glad V. Ken Marion will be the one taking over.
    I didn't know it was just a mini, and I don't know much about Marion, but as long as it stays as good as it is I'll be happy.
    WHO DAT?!!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

So far I've liked all of them except for Immortal Men, which I wasn't expecting to like in the first place anyway. My favorites are Silencer, Sideways, Terrifics and Curse of Brimstone. I'm looking forward to giving The Unexpected a try as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Silencer and the terrifics have been very good but Damage is awful the idea is unoriginal, execution is bland and the characterisation of the weekly guests has been totally off.

It’s so good to see Silencer in the front of the pack. I didn’t think people would like it so much. I thought I was in the minority. I appreciate diverse characters that can carry their own title....I noticed on the solits, that silencer is considered a Batman title. Is it because of her history with Talia?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Well, the Terrifics sure is dominating this race ! Having established characters sure is a boon

Having finally read the Unexpected, I must say that I was a little lost at the first reading but I'm also liking it, so I hope that Orlando knows where he is going !

Mighty Member

-Curse of Brimstone, The Terrifics, Damage and Sideways are my favorites.

-I can't give my opinion on the others just yet because they just started. But The Unexpected is off to a solid start. The Orlando hate is once again misplaced.

-I refuse to read Silencer off of the strength that a certain strong black woman who has been around since the late 70s and still doesn't have a title. And besides, the Silencer seems to be part of the Bat-Universe. That's already a turn off for me. Same reason why I don't read Mother Panic.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    -I refuse to read Silencer off of the strength that a certain strong black woman who has been around since the late 70s and still doesn't have a title. And besides, the Silencer seems to be part of the Bat-Universe. That's already a turn off for me. Same reason why I don't read Mother Panic.
    Well, if I can convince you to read it, Honor is Polynesian (and Bogdanovic does a better job depicting it than Romita, I think), and Batman will only appear in the Annual, since, sof ar, the action is very far from Gotham (in South Carolina), even if Talia al'Ghul and Deathstroke does appear in the book.

The first issue of The Unexpected was pretty spectacular. I can see this being one of my favorite titles of this year. Sideways has been really fun, this guy is definitely gonna become an ongoing character one way or another. The art style and the character are such a perfect match that I'm curious how Sideways will look in a different book, so I hope he does some crossover soon. The Terrifics is cool but it feels a bit overrated. The art is amazing tho. Silencer has been super kickass, I want her to stick around too. Everything else has been hit or miss for me.