Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are there any good stories that have never been collected in trade/omnibus etc?

Bonus points if it's not available on comixology either. >~>

Its mostly a curiosity thing, but also inspired by my recent trip to a 2nd hand book store and realizing that in most cases the interesting looking issues would be cheaper just to buy on Amazon in trade lol. <~<

John Ostrander’s Grimjack (not DC, of course) was not completed in trade...think they got about two thirds of the way through, and it wasn’t on Comixology last time I checked.

If you looking specifically for DC runs, most of John O’s runs haven’t been collected much at all...most of his Suicide Squad has been collected, that’s about it.

And John O is one of the great DC writers.

BANNED

Yes. Far too many to list in fact.

Extraordinary Member

Steve Englehart's ten-issue run on Justice League of America (139-146, 149-150).

One of the best storylines ever in JLofA history. No Man Escapes The Manhunters/Construct Saga.

My top pick here would be Tom Peyer and Rags Morales' EXCELLENT run on Hourman. I honestly can't believe it hasn't been collected.

And it's not even available in single issues (or in any other way) on comixology.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 06-05-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Steve Englehart's ten-issue run on Justice League of America (139-146, 149-150).

One of the best storylines ever in JLofA history. No Man Escapes The Manhunters/Construct Saga.
    I'd love this too. Thanks for posting.

Justice League Europe!
    Mark Shaw Manhunter!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

There is a ton of Legion stuff never collected. They are slowly changing that though with 3 big Legion collections this summer (Legionnaries Vol 2, Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes Vol 2, and The Legion by Abnett and Lanning Vol 2), but there is still many years worth of Legion stories not collected including most of the Levitz run. I think out of his almost 100 issue first stint on the series only about 45 issues have ever been collected.

The Keith Giffen 5 Years Latter... Legion run which ran for 38 issues with Keith and then another 23 issues under the Bierbaums has never been collected in any form.

Like I said they are just recently starting to collect the Reboot Legion era, but there is still dozens of issues left.

That is not even counting the L.E.G.I.O.N. 89 series. None of that has ever been collected either and it follow up series R.E.B.E.L.S. vol 1 has not been either. Between the two that is almost 90 issues of some really great stories (especially LEGION 1-50)
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 06-04-2018 at 05:52 PM.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Peter Milligan's Shade the Changing Man never completed its trade run.

Though I think the entire run is on Comixology.

Phil Jimenez's run was never fully collected. They always skip the Villainy Inc. story which is perhaps his best.

Incredible Member

I don't think the Superman/Legion of Super-Heroes/Cosmic Boy story which revealed that the classic, Superboy ,and his Earth was actually a creation of Legion foe the Time Trapper was collected. To explain why the Legion still remembered Superboy in a post-Crisis DCU. DC, John Byrne, and Kieth Giffen constructed to fill in some post-Crisis gaps, and continue LHS at the time uninterrupted. But later DC changed their minds after it was all said and done, and wanted to ignore the tale. And Giffen had to take Legion into the darker direction they ended up doing. And yet later again, a lot of this stuff had to be fixed yet again in ZERO HOUR .

I actually have the Mark Shaw Manhunter series, I picked up through subscription. Fun book. Bugged a wee bit how they handled the guy since. It deserves to be collected. Likewise the 1989 crossover Shaw found himself tied up in, THE JANUS DIRECTIVE. In which the Kobra cult had the various meta human government agencies at each others' throats in order to distract them from carrying out their rather apocalyptic agenda. It involved the Suicide Squad, Checkmate, ,and Captain Atom. Not to mention quite the body count.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The Ostrander/Mandrake Spectre run has never been collected in its entirety, which is a shame.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    I don't think the Superman/Legion of Super-Heroes/Cosmic Boy story which revealed that the classic, Superboy ,and his Earth was actually a creation of Legion foe the Time Trapper was collected. To explain why the Legion still remembered Superboy in a post-Crisis DCU. DC, John Byrne, and Kieth Giffen constructed to fill in some post-Crisis gaps, and continue LHS at the time uninterrupted. But later DC changed their minds after it was all said and done, and wanted to ignore the tale. And Giffen had to take Legion into the darker direction they ended up doing. And yet later again, a lot of this stuff had to be fixed yet again in ZERO HOUR .
    The Superboy story has been collected, but as part of the greater collection of the Byrne Superman run. According to DC's descriptions, it's in Man of Steel Vol. 4.

Astonishing Member

The two that pop into my mind are Cir-El's story in Superman. Some of it was traded but to my knowledge her whole tenture wasn't. But maybe I'm just not finding the correct trades?

Similarly I'm seeing conflicting stuff regarding the stories that utilized La Encantadora in the Super books. I think her appearances are only somewhat traded.

Has DC challenge ever been reprinted or the 80's superpowers comics and mini comics?

Is there a trade for superboy and the ravers?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]