Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Well, whatever one may think about Snyder's storytelling, he sure does now how to sell you on the first issue of his runs.

Interesting...Definitely starting with a bang. I'm looking forward to Cheung's take on all the characters.

Nice nod to Wonder Woman continuity with Hera chilling as part of the Quintessence now.

Spectacular Member

This is so hype. Lots of fanservice and the DCU feels so much more full and established now, with all those characters showing up and team dynamic being so friendly (let's be honest, after working together for a decade, you and your team of work buddies would be roasting Batman all the time).

I also dig the use of Martian Manhunter's telepathy. I liked that in Young Justice (animated) how the Team would communicate with Miss Martian's telepathy.

I'm trade waiting the three Justice League books since I can't afford to pull more books (kinda banking on double shipped Old Man Logan ending soon) and the New Justice line will inevitably have a crossover one day. But it's gonna make for such a great bookshelf.
    Last edited by nickytesla96; 06-04-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Astonishing Member

They had me until Kamandi was somehow 5000 years from now. Eeesh. That's just weird.

But I'm not seeing much of anything of interest in this preview. Though the JLA One Million's fun to see.

"I'm the [CENSORED] Wonder Woman". LOL. Hillarious call back to ASBAR.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I love how Snyder just doesn't seem to give a lick about current continuity by just throwing so much stuff in there, whether it fits the current timeline or not .

Is that Animal Man with Aquaman?

Really love that it's acknowledging the history of the League with the costume gallery. Blue Beetle, Firestorm, Gypsy, Vibe, Mr. Miracle...looks like the pre-Flashpoint history is reasserting itself here.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Awesome preview, I'm excited.

And if/when Morrison hits Green Lantern, it will then be a really special time at DC with great talent all around on many big titles (JL, Batman, Superman, GL, etc).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

They're still using New 52 Hera... wait, did Rebirth redesign the gods or did they just use animal forms? I haven't seen any human form except Zeus, Ares, Phobos and Deimos

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how Snyder just doesn't seem to give a lick about current continuity by just throwing so much stuff in there, whether it fits the current timeline or not .

Is that Animal Man with Aquaman?
    I like Snyder but you give him too much credit. This is what Rebirth was all about in the first place. It's not that he doesn't give a damn about current continuity. He's just honoring the past, like everyone else.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

thanks for the preview.

85.000 Years later? I think that I saw this Superman costume(first page) in another part... Hera. She reminds me Azarello Hera..

Interesting. I am busy now, I will read this another time.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-04-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Incredible Member

I'm glad you all like it.

I'm a bit fascinated by the community's love for Scott Snyder's writing. He seems like an awesome dude, which probably helps, but I find his stories a drag to get through.

For me, the thing is, he adds so much exposition and narration that isn't thrilling, exciting, or poetic. Like the bit in the preview about Batman responding to a news reporter and the news report rumors of him cracking a smile while he does. It's hard for me to digest this Batman that stands in the sun with the rest of the Justice League, giving witty retorts to reporters. Why? What does that add to his character?

And ya know, maybe it's just not to my taste. If it works for you guys, I'm glad. I may even give it another chance if it's released in hardcover. He gets so much praise, that clearly I'm the one who doesn't get it.

I don't love the art, but if Cheung can maintain the schedule I can surely learn to appreciate it more and more.
    Scott Snyder is in my dog house.
    I loved his pre-New Days
    But since 2011 and New 52 Batman and Swamp Thing his ability to tell a compelling story and more to the
    point bring a satisfying conclusion to it has gone from bad to worse.
    I will surely be getting the first hard cover collection when it comes out.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I hadn't really cared about the JL in recent years but this certainly looks and reads interesting...and...I won't even be miffed when Cheung leaves after issue number three because I love Jorge Jimenez's art.