Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I don't love the art, but if Cheung can maintain the schedule I can surely learn to appreciate it more and more.
    Scott Snyder is in my dog house.
    I loved his pre-New Days
    But since 2011 and New 52 Batman and Swamp Thing his ability to tell a compelling story and more to the
    point bring a satisfying conclusion to it has gone from bad to worse.
    I will surely be getting the first hard cover collection when it comes out.
    Cheung is only doing this issue and issue 6 for now, I believe. So we won't have much of him.

Diana's dialogue was really cringy.

Other than that, it looks decent enough I guess.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Not bad at all. I will have to check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Awesome preview, I'm excited.

And if/when Morrison hits Green Lantern, it will then be a really special time at DC with great talent all around on many big titles (JL, Batman, Superman, GL, etc).
    Throw Williamson's solid run on the Flash in there, and yeah the big characters are doing pretty great so far. Jury's still out on what Wonder Woman will get though...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I'm glad you all like it.

I'm a bit fascinated by the community's love for Scott Snyder's writing. He seems like an awesome dude, which probably helps, but I find his stories a drag to get through.

For me, the thing is, he adds so much exposition and narration that isn't thrilling, exciting, or poetic. Like the bit in the preview about Batman responding to a news reporter and the news report rumors of him cracking a smile while he does. It's hard for me to digest this Batman that stands in the sun with the rest of the Justice League, giving witty retorts to reporters. Why? What does that add to his character?

And ya know, maybe it's just not to my taste. If it works for you guys, I'm glad. I may even give it another chance if it's released in hardcover. He gets so much praise, that clearly I'm the one who doesn't get it.
    I feel exactly the same way and yet, for whatever reason, I'm eager for his Justice League. Here's hoping it's his best writing yet because I also find him highly overrated, especially when comparing his Batman to King's Batman and Tynion's Detective, both of which I enjoy so much more than any of Snyder's Batman.

Metal started strong but wore out its welcome with me and I found No Justice to be a total waste of time and effort. The only thing NJ did for me, which I guess was its main intention, was to serve as yet another commercial for upcoming JL teams. It did get me excited about what's coming up.

With Metal and with NJ, the only parts I truly loved were the epilogues.

I didn't look at the preview. Trying more and more not to, so I can be as surprised as possible when the comic actually comes out. I can wait two more days.

bb.jpg

Is that mother lovin' BLUE BEETLE. Mother lovin' TED KORD?! Awwwwww yeeeaaaah...

Wait...so is JLI canon again?

It probably is. Safest bet for some time now has been to just assume everything from pre-FP continuity is back in unless a New 52 is specifically stated as existing and happens to be a direct contradiction to something. But those examples are very few and far between now to really have to worry about.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Really love that it's acknowledging the history of the League with the costume gallery. Blue Beetle, Firestorm, Gypsy, Vibe, Mr. Miracle...looks like the pre-Flashpoint history is reasserting itself here.
    I was gone say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean Scarab View Post
    bb.jpg

Is that mother lovin' BLUE BEETLE. Mother lovin' TED KORD?! Awwwwww yeeeaaaah...

Wait...so is JLI canon again?
    It looks like JL Detroit is again too, given that Gypsy's costume is right next to Ted's

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Gonna pass on this unless there's an Aquaman heavy issue upcoming.

I'll be getting HAWKMAN when it drops, so I don't have a ton room for much more.

Fantastic Member

This is just perfect.

It looks like the #1 is going in a good start. Is it me or does it seem like Snyder's version of Barry seems to be influenced by DCAU Wally?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Really love that it's acknowledging the history of the League with the costume gallery. Blue Beetle, Firestorm, Gypsy, Vibe, Mr. Miracle...looks like the pre-Flashpoint history is reasserting itself here.
    I like that scene more so because it possibly hints that DC is realizing that to do better as a company they have to uplift all of their characters and to do so they have to stop putting so much importance on the "Big 7".
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It looks like the #1 is going in a good start. Is it me or does it seem like Snyder's version of Barry seems to be influenced by DCAU Wally?
    He's jokey, but considering everyone in the League is a little more jokey so I'm not sure if that's because he's trying to write Barry as DCAU Wally.

But that's my take on it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Gonna pass on this unless there's an Aquaman heavy issue upcoming.

I'll be getting HAWKMAN when it drops, so I don't have a ton room for much more.
    Snyder sid the second arc is a major Aquaman story

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's jokey, but considering everyone in the League is a little more jokey so I'm not sure if that's because he's trying to write Barry as DCAU Wally.

But that's my take on it.
    You have a point. It's been a while since I read the JL, but his version of the team looks pretty interesting with Martian Manhunter at the helm.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Snyder sid the second arc is a major Aquaman story
    Oh rad. I'll give that a spin.