Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Too excited by this book to read this review, in case it has spoilers in it. I don't know if it does because I haven't read it. But the headline and the rating are promising as all get-out.

Headline: "Everything I Wanted From a Justice League Book"

Rating: 9.5/10

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...dvance-review/
    I read through it. No spoilers. Very good review.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Snyder also said there's another project that DC is going to release soon it seems in an interview podcast.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Snyder also said there's another project that DC is going to release soon it seems in an interview podcast.
    written by snyder? I'd be shocked if he has time to write anything else with JL being ib weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    written by snyder? I'd be shocked if he has time to write anything else with JL being ib weekly.
    I don't think it's going to be written by Snyder. But it seems like something big. It may relate to what's going on in the collapse of the multiverse.

Fantastic Member

Link please?

I don't think it's going to be written by Snyder. But it seems like something big. It may relate to what's going on in the collapse of the multiverse.
    Sounds sort of Crisis-y.

Just read JL #1 online and it was great. Lots of talking but the way it bounces around the DCU and the focus on character are very promising. Liked it much better than Metal or No Justice. It made me wish they'd launched with a double-sized issue which is a good sign. "Always leave them wanting more."

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Link please?
    https://lrmonline.com/news/episode-343/

It's a podcast. It's at the 11:25 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Sounds sort of Crisis-y.

Just read JL #1 online and it was great. Lots of talking but the way it bounces around the DCU and the focus on character are very promising. Liked it much better than Metal or No Justice. It made me wish they'd launched with a double-sized issue which is a good sign. "Always leave them wanting more."
    After re-listening to the podcast, Scott Snyder says it's one more book that spins off of No Justice. That could be the one that the rumored Grant Morrison (which I believe it's true) is writing. According to Bleeding Cool, it's a Green Lantern book about Hal Jordan investigating in the dying multiverse. Since Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps is cancelled after August, we probably should hear something later this month when the September solicitations arrive.

I'm glad that the first issue is leaving readers very satisfied wanting more.

So intrigued ... this is the 1st time since Flashpoint that has acknowledged Vibe and Gypsy having been part of the JL.

I’d love to actually see them.

Who is in between Cyborg and Black Canary???

BANNED

After re-listening to the podcast, Scott Snyder says it's one more book that spins off of No Justice. That could be the one that the rumored Grant Morrison (which I believe it's true) is writing. According to Bleeding Cool, it's a Green Lantern book about Hal Jordan investigating in the dying multiverse. Since Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps is cancelled after August, we probably should hear something later this month when the September solicitations arrive.
    I'm glad that the first issue is leaving readers very satisfied wanting more.
    Pretty sure the Morison penned Green Lantern book is separate. When Odyssey and Dark were announced, Snyder said there was one more book yet to be announced 'that is spinning out of No Justice and Detective Comics' and that it would be written by Hill. AKA Outsiders.

Always Rakzo

Decent overall. Suffers from many of the same problems as No Justice like the overwritten narration which gets especially bothersome when Snyder includes third-person narration instead of letting the art tell the story but still includes solid developments and interesting set-ups.

Good art from Cheung. Hope this improves.

issue was fine for an intro I guess, but definitely too much narration
    The J-man

BANNED

Bored the **** out of me tbh. Probably because the narration

Astonishing Member

I liked this first issue a lot, even down to things like Luthor wasting Savage (who you know, can only be as dead as Savage ever gets) with a sci-fi doorknob, which is that weird pure mix of Luthor's mad scientist businessman slickness with his thuggishness that made the Clancy Brown version so on point, but also worked well in Superman Returns with the weird prison nature of a Kryptonite Shiv. Plus irony, as Savage has all those Greg Rucka Cain connotations, and committed the (or his) first murder with a rock.

Oh what else? I dunno, it's a first issue so there's the usual "here's this thing rocketing toward earth did they really just blow up the moon?" high stakes weirdness going on. I actually like the ultranarration in Justice League more because it's like that weird metacommentary Cosmic Narrator thing, which yeah, I totally was reading in the SuperFriends Voice, that frankly suits something like this way more than it suited Batman stories.

Not that much else to say yet. I'd like to annotate it a little at some point but maybe when the first arc wraps, not just after one issue. But Cheung's art was great!

I was surprised that I ended up kind of liking The Unexpected more than this, but I mean that sucker was name-dropping Barbatos, Mandrakk, the whole nine yards, had Fourth World freaky stuff happening, felt like the strangest mix of Seven Soldiers, JLA Classified and Multiversity, suddenly tossed in Thanagar. WEIRD.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 06-06-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

So wait, the moon of the DCU Earth is no more?
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

This was the most enjoyable the Justice League has been in awhile for me, and it's also the first time in awhile I've enjoyed something Snyder has written. I think part of it is Cheung's great art. (I found Metal to be a huge mess and No Justice to be underwhelming.) However, man, Snyder needs to tone done the dialogue and narration. When J'onn announced they had 3 minutes until impact but had time to go into a discussion and then a 10 minute speech, I eventually started rolling my eyes.