Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Hmm. Well, that's now how I read it. I didn't catch anything to counter that underlying current of "the JL are idiots who don't know what they're doing," as if they've never had to deal with sensitive international incidents before.
    It's quite possible that I missed things, because I don't read Justice League very often, and I don't read most of their solo books, preferring to stay in Gotham. But I thought the way Priest had Diana deal with the situation was pretty moving and smart.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Looks fun. "Ikon shield down to eight percent. Batman is about to kill you"

I've enjoyed the first 2 installments. I'm honestly more interested in just watching Deathstroke and Batman going at it and playing cat and mouse than I am for the Damian angle. There's no way Slade is that baby daddy.

Priest said he'd reveal who the Robin in the flashbacks was, and he didn't lie! Though I can't really tell if it's Jason or Tim (I really don't think Dick would ever do something like this to Damian). Tim is the Robin who really lost everything to Damian, whereas Jason is the one whose attitude seems more likely. I know some people think Tim in this continuity was never Robin, but I think Lonely Place of Living gives us wiggle room there.

The "side story" of the Justice Experience member who wants to die so they don't hurt anyone as they age but can't die naturally was interesting, very much like Clock King in the first arc. Talia's plotting and lying is fascinating, even if I think she's lying to Slade, and not to Bruce. I really want to know who's really responsible for this - if it's the butlers, or Talia, or someone we haven't met yet. Heck, maybe it's Slade himself, like he played games with Rose, because he wants Batman to pay better attention to Damian after their encounter in Robin Son of Batman.

This series just keeps getting more and more exciting! And Damian with a fidget spinner is hilarious (he probably uses it when he plays Cheese Vikings, because he's so good he can win at that game single handed. )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Well I’m pretty sure I said the flash back Robin was Dick. So ya I was wrong, I was very wrong. Admitting it.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Priest said he'd reveal who the Robin in the flashbacks was, and he didn't lie! Though I can't really tell if it's Jason or Tim (I really don't think Dick would ever do something like this to Damian). Tim is the Robin who really lost everything to Damian, whereas Jason is the one whose attitude seems more likely. I know some people think Tim in this continuity was never Robin, but I think Lonely Place of Living gives us wiggle room there.

The "side story" of the Justice Experience member who wants to die so they don't hurt anyone as they age but can't die naturally was interesting, very much like Clock King in the first arc. Talia's plotting and lying is fascinating, even if I think she's lying to Slade, and not to Bruce. I really want to know who's really responsible for this - if it's the butlers, or Talia, or someone we haven't met yet. Heck, maybe it's Slade himself, like he played games with Rose, because he wants Batman to pay better attention to Damian after their encounter in Robin Son of Batman.

This series just keeps getting more and more exciting! And Damian with a fidget spinner is hilarious (he probably uses it when he plays Cheese Vikings, because he's so good he can win at that game single handed. )
    I'll say it's exciting Deathstroke and Batman working to shut each other down while countering each other in their own way. And while Dick's message to Damian maybe valid compared to anything Talia will be saying. The fact Bruce conducted his own blood test is a wrinkle in whatever Dick found out. And on top of it Wintergreen and Alfred's role in this has yet to be revealed. And when Priest wrote this it's like anticipated everything the fans may think that Talia was manipulating Bruce and Slade which only throw fans further into confusion. Though with the way Damain constantly refers to Bruce as his father in Teen Titans and No Justice called him the SOn of batman i would say the chances of changing his heritage look still look slim.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I'll say it's exciting Deathstroke and Batman working to shut each other down while countering each other in their own way. And while Dick's message to Damian maybe valid compared to anything Talia will be saying. The fact Bruce conducted his own blood test is a wrinkle in whatever Dick found out. And on top of it Wintergreen and Alfred's role in this has yet to be revealed. And when Priest wrote this it's like anticipated everything the fans may think that Talia was manipulating Bruce and Slade which only throw fans further into confusion. Though with the way Damain constantly refers to Bruce as his father in Teen Titans and No Justice called him the SOn of batman i would say the chances of changing his heritage look still look slim.
    That back and forth between Batman and Deathstroke is amazing. And I really like the fact that Batman explained his mission, and Slade countered with his belief that garbage men have to exist because the world has people that need killing.

It reminds me of the Operative from Serenity. Very cool.

And I say it every month: these's no way DC is changing that.

That back and forth between Batman and Deathstroke is amazing. And I really like the fact that Batman explained his mission, and Slade countered with his belief that garbage men have to exist because the world has people that need killing.

It reminds me of the Operative from Serenity. Very cool.

And I say it every month: these's no way DC is changing that.
    I admittedly thought it would this fight would be like a Game of Death type showdown or where Batman and Deathstroke hunt each other like they were in a Terminator movie. But this was different very intersting how they try to interfere with each other and Slade either doubt or doesn't want to believe that Bruce Wayne is Batman. My only hope is that it stays that way with the fan outrage that may come over this Priest may quit DC just to save himself from being firebombed in his own house. So the DC editorial better be smarter than this. And also based on the solicitations I am banking that Dick some missed something and Slade will be the one who will solve this mystery. I admit I am more puzzled that Bruce doubts his own blood test though or is simply playing along for some reason.

I admittedly thought it would this fight would be like a Game of Death type showdown or where Batman and Deathstroke hunt each other like they were in a Terminator movie. But this was different very intersting how they try to interfere with each other and Slade either doubt or doesn't want to believe that Bruce Wayne is Batman. My only hope is that it stays that way with the fan outrage that may come over this Priest may quit DC just to save himself from being firebombed in his own house. So the DC editorial better be smarter than this. And also based on the solicitations I am banking that Dick some missed something and Slade will be the one who will solve this mystery. I admit I am more puzzled that Bruce doubts his own blood test though or is simply playing along for some reason.
    I don't think Bruce does doubt the DNA test. I think he and Slade are both trying to figure out why someone would want to put them at each other's throats (literally). Honestly, I think Slade might doubt it more than Bruce does, even though he denies it more.

I don't think Bruce does doubt the DNA test. I think he and Slade are both trying to figure out why someone would want to put them at each other's throats (literally). Honestly, I think Slade might doubt it more than Bruce does, even though he denies it more.
    If you ask me if Batman wasn't trying to shut him down I think Slade would be happier off just doing what he likes; killing for money and sleeping around. And just let this issue disappear out of sight and out of mind. But whatever it is Talia is somehow involved so is just about everyone except the entire Batfamily for some reason. Dick doesn't count since he just appears as a recording. I wonder who was viewing that recording of Jericho though? Damian again?

If you ask me if Batman wasn't trying to shut him down I think Slade would be happier off just doing what he likes; killing for money and sleeping around. And just let this issue disappear out of sight and out of mind. But whatever it is Talia is somehow involved so is just about everyone except the entire Batfamily for some reason. Dick doesn't count since he just appears as a recording. I wonder who was viewing that recording of Jericho though? Damian again?
    Oh, yes, that's exactly how Slade deals with everything: by ignoring it. Or by hiring people to kill his daughter so he can protect her and hang out. Either way.

Talia's definitely involved. I'm still confused, though, about Talia's connection to the group that brought down Slade's plane, and to the fake Batman who greeted Slade after the crash.

Dick isn't the Robin in the recording, though, because he loves Damian, and would never talk to him like that. It has to be Jason or Tim.

Oh, yes, that's exactly how Slade deals with everything: by ignoring it. Or by hiring people to kill his daughter so he can protect her and hang out. Either way.

Talia's definitely involved. I'm still confused, though, about Talia's connection to the group that brought down Slade's plane, and to the fake Batman who greeted Slade after the crash.

Dick isn't the Robin in the recording, though, because he loves Damian, and would never talk to him like that. It has to be Jason or Tim.
    Definitely and it's stunts like that that make Slade's children want to change their names and faces to never have to deal with him again. It's entirely possible that Talia orchestrated everything that happened in the desert but on the other hand we see Batman doing everything in his power to stop Deahtstroke from killing the Human Dynamo all on his own no double too. And I believe he also personally saw to the safety of all of Slade's targets. Okay that's true and Dick being as tall as he was would never fit into any of the Robin costumes. I'm actually hoping my message got to Priest in time and he can adjust his plans to accommodate what I told him.

Plus he created Robin. So why would he question the costume.

Definitely and it's stunts like that that make Slade's children want to change their names and faces to never have to deal with him again. It's entirely possible that Talia orchestrated everything that happened in the desert but on the other hand we see Batman doing everything in his power to stop Deahtstroke from killing the Human Dynamo all on his own no double too. And I believe he also personally saw to the safety of all of Slade's targets. Okay that's true and Dick being as tall as he was would never fit into any of the Robin costumes. I'm actually hoping my message got to Priest in time and he can adjust his plans to accommodate what I told him.
    Haha, Slade is so terrible. It's hilarious. And tragic.

My own solution currently is that Talia found out about Batman's plan to stop Slade, and hijacked the plan for her own ends. I doubt that Batman would have really shot down the plane, so I think Talia changed that plan to make it more dangerous so she could hook up (literally) with Slade again, to manipulate him.

We shall see which Robin Priest picked next issue! Oh, man, I miss the twice a month schedule...oh, wait, no I don't. I like having decent art!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Plus he created Robin. So why would he question the costume.
    I am not super familiar with the classic history of Dick as Robin - did he really create Robin? Batman didn't give him an outfit when Dick said "I want to help"?

Most of his origins have him picking out his costume i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Most of his origins have him picking out his costume i believe.
    Huh. Did Batman have a bunch of options for him?