Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Uhhhh, yeah.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

In all seriousness though, most of the modern origin stories has Dick designing his Robin costume is what i meant.

In all seriousness though, most of the modern origin stories has Dick designing his Robin costume is what i meant.
    Ah, very cool. Any of them good for a very, very casual Dick Grayson fan?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Haha, Slade is so terrible. It's hilarious. And tragic.

My own solution currently is that Talia found out about Batman's plan to stop Slade, and hijacked the plan for her own ends. I doubt that Batman would have really shot down the plane, so I think Talia changed that plan to make it more dangerous so she could hook up (literally) with Slade again, to manipulate him.

We shall see which Robin Priest picked next issue! Oh, man, I miss the twice a month schedule...oh, wait, no I don't. I like having decent art!
    Yeha makes you glad fthat your own parents would never do such a thing to you too. Your theory is not at all farfetched perfect possible as Talia knows all about Bruce just as much as her father knows about him. But for Talia to lie and escape her father's wrath is something else because you rarely lie to the Demon's Head and get away with your life intact. I know Talia is his daughter but I don't think even he would let this one slide. Batman would do many things to accomplish a goal but nearly killing people is crossing the line so it can't have been him who organised that attack. What's remarkable is that the drug rape is back in continuity as opposed to Tomasi's Batman lost his head to passion explanation. Given how much effort the unnamed Robin put into finding out about whether or not Damian is Bruce's son. I think it has to be Tim if memory serves Jason never knew that Damian existed until much later. Well Man of Steel is being shown for the next few weeks and the art remains on point surely Deathstroke's artist can deliver the same quality art or at least he could if Priest could write fast enough.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Well Dark Victory is good (i mean i like it), and Robin Year One. The Origin story itself was a Robin annual i believe. Other then that theres the new 52 stuff, which is honestly poop.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Yeha makes you glad fthat your own parents would never do such a thing to you too. Your theory is not at all farfetched perfect possible as Talia knows all about Bruce just as much as her father knows about him. But for Talia to lie and escape her father's wrath is something else because you rarely lie to the Demon's Head and get away with your life intact. I know Talia is his daughter but I don't think even he would let this one slide. Batman would do many things to accomplish a goal but nearly killing people is crossing the line so it can't have been him who organised that attack. What's remarkable is that the drug rape is back in continuity as opposed to Tomasi's Batman lost his head to passion explanation. Given how much effort the unnamed Robin put into finding out about whether or not Damian is Bruce's son. I think it has to be Tim if memory serves Jason never knew that Damian existed until much later. Well Man of Steel is being shown for the next few weeks and the art remains on point surely Deathstroke's artist can deliver the same quality art or at least he could if Priest could write fast enough.
    Well, Talia has been functioning pretty strangely for over a decade, starting with Leviathan, then dying and coming back to life, and then right back to Leviathan in Silencer. So I think she's pretty independent of her father right now.

As a Tim fan, I'd prefer it to be him, but it SOUNDS like Jason to me. But like I said - Priest writes everyone a bit more angry and dry than other writers.

(Man of Steel has a different artist every week.)

Well Dark Victory is good (i mean i like it), and Robin Year One. The Origin story itself was a Robin annual i believe. Other then that its the new 52 stuff, which is honestly poop.
    I have read Dark Victory, but it's been a really long time. I should reread it. Robin Year One is great, but he's already Robin at the start of that. I'll have to see if I can find another annual - there was a Robin Year One Annual in the Year One Annual project in the mid-nineties.

And yeah...I wasn't a big fan of the n52 handling of Dick as Robin.

No shade to this story in particular and I know it was a "reality" ago, but I had a lot more fun with Batman and Deathstroke when their daughters Ravager and Batgirl were all up in each others' faces. Even if there was some mind control involved, IIRC.

We'll see how this plays out and if it gives and character progress to Slade, Talia, or Damian.

Batman Year Three is pretty good. Can't remember how deep it got into the costume tho.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    No shade to this story in particular and I know it was a "reality" ago, but I had a lot more fun with Batman and Deathstroke when their daughters Ravager and Batgirl were all up in each others' faces. Even if there was some mind control involved, IIRC.

We'll see how this plays out and if it gives and character progress to Slade, Talia, or Damian.
    Hmmm. As a Cass fan, I don't miss that at all. This Deathstroke is evil, but he doesn't drug or usually murder kids. That Deathstroke...mmmm. (What you're recalling is mostly the Evil Cass saga, and it's not a favorite with most Cass fans.)

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Batman Year Three is pretty good. Can't remember how deep it got into the costume tho.
    I read Year Three, though I much preferred Year Two. I'll see if I can check it out (with all the other comics I'm trying to read right now. )

Okay, it took less time than I thought to skim Year Three and Dark Victory. Year Three has Batman giving Dick the costume, while Dark Victory has Dick making/modifying it himself, without Batman's knowledge. So...dunno?

Okay, it took less time than I thought to skim Year Three and Dark Victory. Year Three has Batman giving Dick the costume, while Dark Victory has Dick making/modifying it himself, without Batman's knowledge. So...dunno?
    But wasn't year 3's costume his families trapeze costume.

But wasn't year 3's costume his families trapeze costume.
    It was based on it, but Batman did it pretty much without Dick's input.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I can't believe Priest brought that back. Man it's getting harder to defend this guy.
    Aside from that great issue.
    I don't like the way Robin is written here. I don't believe any of them can be so small and close minded. Not even Tim who is kinda racist.

Talia raping Batman was made into non canon? Didn't know that, so I'm glad it was changed back-I know it was a move of retroactive continuity that Morrison did- . I've always liked it. About the issue, this conflict is still as thrilling as it began. Priest knows how to keep me interested and I didn't imagine I was going to enjoy this one so much. Art has been better than I thought it would be too. Looking forward to whatever comes next!
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH