Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, Talia has been functioning pretty strangely for over a decade, starting with Leviathan, then dying and coming back to life, and then right back to Leviathan in Silencer. So I think she's pretty independent of her father right now.

As a Tim fan, I'd prefer it to be him, but it SOUNDS like Jason to me. But like I said - Priest writes everyone a bit more angry and dry than other writers.

(Man of Steel has a different artist every week.)
    Yeah Talia is pretty much independent of her father but however for her to lie to him for so long while she was still under his authority is questionable to say the least. If Priest did pick Tim I would say I got to him on time and spared him from the wrath of hardcore Jason Todd fans. Tim was pretty angry himself when Damian appeared though it could still be him. And if it is Tim it could cement Tim's importance back into the Batfamily more. Yeah I forgot about the rotating artists for Man of Steel. But Bendis wrote pretty fast because he revealed that he submitted his scripts pretty early in the year. Arguably is Deathstroke was bi-weekly again it could resolve the plot much to sooner to relieve Damian fans of the stress.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I can't believe Priest brought that back. Man it's getting harder to defend this guy.
    Aside from that great issue.
    I don't like the way Robin is written here. I don't believe any of them can be so small and close minded. Not even Tim who is kinda racist.
    Well Priest is just rying to adhere to the old continuity under the assumption that's what people want. How is Tim even racist in all the old books I know I didn't see that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It was based on it, but Batman did it pretty much without Dick's input.
    You know, there's an origin story where Dick is drawing different costumes for himself. What's still canon is that he choose the name. Both ways, Dick knows why using those colors, so he would have never questioned.

I'm going with Tim, right now. He was the one who wanted to become Robin and worked hard to, he was the one who lost the mantle because of Damian, and also the one obsessed with DNA test.
    Priest played us all using that first costume, that Tim never wore, and making us believe that it was an old record. I'm sorry I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well Priest is just rying to adhere to the old continuity under the assumption that's what people want. How is Tim even racist in all the old books I know I didn't see that happen.
    The old continuity is that Batman had plenty romantic trists with Talia where Damian could have been conceived. Batman being raped by Talia is a recent retcon (well, recent in the scope of Batman's long history)

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    You know, there's an origin story where Dick is drawing different costumes for himself. What's still canon is that he choose the name. Both ways, Dick knows why using those colors, so he would have never questioned.

I'm going with Tim, right now. He was the one who wanted to become Robin and worked hard to, he was the one who lost the mantle because of Damian, and also the one obsessed with DNA test.
    Priest played us all using that first costume, that Tim never wore, and making us believe that it was an old record. I'm sorry I was wrong.
    I felt for it too. But those last 4 panels were really telling. It was Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    The old continuity is that Batman had plenty romantic trists with Talia where Damian could have been conceived. Batman being raped by Talia is a recent retcon (well, recent in the scope of Batman's long history)
    Hmm well that was what Morrison did and even then it was mistake and by the time realised it was too late. And like right now it is a little too late to change it to what Tomasi stipulated.

I think so too for the same reasons you put above. The way he also said “dressed like this” makes me think that’s not what he usually wore.

I can't believe Priest brought that back. Man it's getting harder to defend this guy.
    Aside from that great issue.
    I don't like the way Robin is written here. I don't believe any of them can be so small and close minded. Not even Tim who is kinda racist.
    Yeah, I'm really not happy with him making Talia a rapist again. Pretty crappy thing to do.

I really wish Priest was on Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Yeah, I'm really not happy with him making Talia a rapist again. Pretty crappy thing to do.
    I really hate that change.
    However I did enjoy the Morrision call backs. Priest's characterisation of Batman and Slade are on point.

Tim being the Robin is a real surprise.

Extraordinary Member

What is or is not canon is at the moment less defined than pre rebirth, and where the name and the costume comes from dpends really on the orgin story (and Dick has alot of differnt versions).

Tim used it in his original Orgin Story, and at least in the current continuity none of the Robins wore it actually.

Astonishing Member

However I did enjoy the Morrision call backs. Priest's characterisation of Batman and Slade are on point.

I suspected it was Tim from the start since the Robin talking seemed so alienated and disillusioned with Batman and Tim's whole arc recently has been about his alienation from the Bat Family. Then I looked at the costume and thought it was Jason.

What I didn't expect was Tim disguising himself as Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I suspected it was Tim from the start since the Robin talking seemed so alienated and disillusioned with Batman and Tim's whole arc recently has been about his alienation from the Bat Family. Then I looked at the costume and thought it was Jason.

What I didn't expect was Tim disguising himself as Jason.
    I thought it was Jason too.
    This doesn't make tim look very good at all.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Why be sorry? I thought it was Jason, and never really imagined it could be Tim until this issue. I am very excited to see what is going to happen with the Robins!

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I mean...it was about 10 years ago. Only an eighth of Batman's history, but it's part of a story which is absolutely the foundation for a huge percentage of stories we are seeing play out now (Silencer, Grayson, anything with Damian in it, Batman Inc had huge influences on the characters and histories today, the whole cycle theory of Batman where he has to die and be reborn).

I really wish Priest was on Batman.
    I have to admit I would love to see Priest on Batman, though I am enjoying King's run for the most part. I'd love to see Priest get a Dark Knight type series - or get on Detective. (In fact, if Priest is the one who gets Detective after Hill, I'll be absolutely thrilled.)

I mean...I'm not convinced that making Talia rape Bruce is worse than her murdering hundreds of people, including her son, and turning children into vicious killers. So unless we say that everything Morrison did with Talia is gone, I don't think that that one change of Morrison's should be singled out. She's a villain! It's not like Priest is trying to say Talia is admirable for it. Just like he's not saying Slade is admirable for manipulating Terra, or Rose, or Adeline.

I thought it was Jason too.
    This doesn't make tim look very good at all.
    I don't think it makes Tim look really BAD so much as angry and hurt.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    What is or is not canon is at the moment less defined than pre rebirth, and where the name and the costume comes from dpends really on the orgin story (and Dick has alot of differnt versions).

Tim used it in his original Orgin Story, and at least in the current continuity none of the Robins wore it actually.
    You're right about what's canon, but in each Dick's origin story I've read he was the one who chose the name Robin, as for Robin Hood or his mother love for robins. I really don't see a reason to change this and I don't believe Bruce will have chosen this name for his partner.

You're talking about A lonely place of dying? Ok, I was wrong again, he used it once, but we all know it's not his suit, that's why I didn't think it could have been him.
    In Flash Annual Wally had memories of his past, showing him together with the NTT, and Dick wore that costume. I think that counts as continuity.