Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    "He died"

You don't say.

Jason in pre-flashpoint was Robin at the age of 12 and died 15-16 or maybe older. While it wasn't "very long", it wasn't 6 months or 1 year either.
    Exactly. Winick had Jason mention learning to read lips when he was 12 in Lost Days. Post-Crisis Jason and I think under Lobdell too, was said to have trained for months to be Robin. Jason was around longer than a year in universe.

Jason was younger than 16 though as a TT issue around his death has him wishing he was 16 because he can't wait.

His appearance in TT happened during the time of crisis and it fell between pre-post crisis. We don't know how much time went since then.

"He died"

You don't say.

Jason in pre-flashpoint was Robin at the age of 12 and died 15-16 or maybe older. While it wasn't "very long", it wasn't 6 months or 1 year either.
    Ok so 2 maybe 3 years pre-flashpoint, give or take. The point is by the very nature of Jason’s story his time and experience with Bruce is limited.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-07-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ok so 2 maybe 3 years pre-flashpoint, give or take. The point is by the very nature of Jason’s story his time and experience with Bruce is limited.
    ...it still gives him a valid and PLENTY experience with what Bruce is like as a father and person.

Fantastic Member

His appearance in TT happened during the time of crisis and it fell between pre-post crisis. We don't know how much time went since then.
    I'm pretty sure Booster Gold appeared in at least one of the arcs Jason was in and Booster didn't appear until after Crisis. But regardless how much time passed Jason and Bruce regard each other as father and son.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    I'm pretty sure Booster Gold appeared in at least one of the arcs Jason was in and Booster didn't appear until after Crisis. But regardless how much time passed Jason and Bruce regard each other as father and son.
    I tend to agree. Though I do think that with Lonely Place of Living, some of the father/son relationship of Bruce and Tim is back in Rebirth continuity, Jason feels a bit more like someone who really needed a father figure, and was disappointed in what he got from Bruce.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I tend to agree. Though I do think that with Lonely Place of Living, some of the father/son relationship of Bruce and Tim is back in Rebirth continuity, Jason feels a bit more like someone who really needed a father figure, and was disappointed in what he got from Bruce.
    Well now Jason is going to have to deal with his father in the latest issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws as he finally reads the letters from Willis Todd. And once it ends it will put Jason and Batman at odds as he seemingly breaks his promise to never kill while in Gotham.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well now Jason is going to have to deal with his father in the latest issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws as he finally reads the letters from Willis Todd. And once it ends it will put Jason and Batman at odds as he seemingly breaks his promise to never kill while in Gotham.
    How interesting! I haven't kept up with Red Hood, but maybe I'll check it out if Batman is going to show up again. (See! Putting Batman in things does get people to check them out. )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

How interesting! I haven't kept up with Red Hood, but maybe I'll check it out if Batman is going to show up again. (See! Putting Batman in things does get people to check them out. )
    Red Hood and the Outlaws is hands down one of the best books DC is publishing along with Superman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman (when it was under Rucka's pen), Deathstroke, and it's a little early to say this Justice League Scott Snyder really delivered in my opinion. Well you might want to start reading Red Hood and the Outlaws now to understand the upcoming conflict between Jason and Batman.

Red Hood and the Outlaws is hands down one of the best books DC is publishing along with Superman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman (when it was under Rucka's pen), Deathstroke, and it's a little early to say this Justice League Scott Snyder really delivered in my opinion. Well you might want to start reading Red Hood and the Outlaws now to understand the upcoming conflict between Jason and Batman.
    Eh. I'm just not a Jason fan, per se. I don't dislike him, but I only have so much emotional energy in general, and much as Lobdell has done a much better job in Rebirth than the n52, I still just don't like his writing that much.

Eh. I'm just not a Jason fan, per se. I don't dislike him, but I only have so much emotional energy in general, and much as Lobdell has done a much better job in Rebirth than the n52, I still just don't like his writing that much.
    Well despite the complaints I hear of how Lobdell handled Dick in New 52 books at least he seems to have improved and he actually feels like a more objective writer now since he made it clear on Batman News that to him character comes first over his own indulgences. Why don't you like Lobdell's writing?

Well despite the complaints I hear of how Lobdell handled Dick in New 52 books at least he seems to have improved and he actually feels like a more objective writer now since he made it clear on Batman News that to him character comes first over his own indulgences. Why don't you like Lobdell's writing?
    For me, it wasn't Dick, it was Starfire that I didn't like.

I don't like his plotting style, which tends to be very extended with very little resolution. I prefer more of a sense of completion at the ends of arcs, whereas he seems to just keep going and going and going...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Very likely it was arround 2 years, since Dick aged from 19 to 21 during that time.

For me, it wasn't Dick, it was Starfire that I didn't like.

I don't like his plotting style, which tends to be very extended with very little resolution. I prefer more of a sense of completion at the ends of arcs, whereas he seems to just keep going and going and going...
    Well you probably won't like this but Lobdell claims the original Outlaws will return sort of maybe in a flashback or something. Funny I actually like his writing style because I feel like it shows more sense of forethought which is very helpful in serialized writing and at least when he sows the seeds for future plots he doesn't take his sweet time about it and actually delivers on it unlike Chris Claremont. It didn't take him long to send the Outlaws to Qurac. But what disappoints me is the lack of explanation for why the villain he created Harvest died from crucifixion. When all Harvest did was get caught in an explosion.

Well you probably won't like this but Lobdell claims the original Outlaws will return sort of maybe in a flashback or something. Funny I actually like his writing style because I feel like it shows more sense of forethought which is very helpful in serialized writing and at least when he sows the seeds for future plots he doesn't take his sweet time about it and actually delivers on it unlike Chris Claremont. It didn't take him long to send the Outlaws to Qurac. But what disappoints me is the lack of explanation for why the villain he created Harvest died from crucifixion. When all Harvest did was get caught in an explosion.
    Well, Arsenal at least is showing up in the Annual.