Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

It's going to have Screwball, right? I believe I heard a while ago that Screwball would appear since she was introduced in your first story with Marcos Martin (along with Paper Doll who is underrated). I like Screwball. She's a fun character. Loved that team-up with Jester in Superior Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by MP95 View Post
    It's going to have Screwball, right? I believe I heard a while ago that Screwball would appear since she was introduced in your first story with Marcos Martin (along with Paper Doll who is underrated). I like Screwball. She's a fun character. Loved that team-up with Jester in Superior Spider-Man.
    I liked her too; you got me thinking: despite Slott's lengthy run, I feel like i wished he had used both Screwball and Paper Doll more. IIRC, Paper Doll was supposed to in that story where Spidey was in space with the Human Torch but her part got nixed; still, I i wish Slott had found the time to give us one more story with her before he departed.....perhaps Spencer and/or Zdarsky will use them. And, of course, SLott could always bring one or both of them over to FF or Iron Man!

Quote Originally Posted by MP95 View Post
    She did appear in Spider-Man/Deadpool recently.

She was in an episode of the new Spider-Man cartoon too, but because her secret identity is unrevealed in the comics, they merged her with Liz Allan. Comics Screwball obviously isn't Liz - will we ever find out who she is?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I liked her too; you got me thinking: despite Slott's lengthy run, I feel like i wished he had used both Screwball and Paper Doll more. IIRC, Paper Doll was supposed to in that story where Spidey was in space with the Human Torch but her part got nixed; still, I i wish Slott had found the time to give us one more story with her before he departed.....perhaps Spencer and/or Zdarsky will use them. And, of course, SLott could always bring one or both of them over to FF or Iron Man!
    Paper Doll was criminally under-used. Really hope we have not seen the last of her.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She did appear in Spider-Man/Deadpool recently.

She was in an episode of the new Spider-Man cartoon too, but because her secret identity is unrevealed in the comics, they merged her with Liz Allan. Comics Screwball obviously isn't Liz - will we ever find out who she is?
    Well, she was arrested, so she probably has some kind of public identity that we just haven't been privy to.

I predict that #801 is going to end with it being revealed that the Gwen Stacey from Clone Conspiracy is still alive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    I predict that #801 is going to end with it being revealed that the Gwen Stacey from Clone Conspiracy is still alive.
    Somehow I doubt that.

BANNED

Maybe a small hint or a teaser for the upcoming Spidergeddon event. And for some reason, i can't shake the feeling that it's going to be related with the events taking place in Spec (with that alternate timeline).
    Marve did said that Spec orerates as a sister title to Amazing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Maybe a small hint or a teaser for the upcoming Spidergeddon event. And for some reason, i can't shake the feeling that it's going to be related with the events taking place in Spec (with that alternate timeline).
    Marve did said that Spec orerates as a sister title to Amazing.
    All the necessary teasers for future developments happened at the end of issue 800.

This issue is said to be a done-in-one, a slice of life story for Spider-Man, a quiet little coda

It would be nice if Dan slipped in a reference to his first meeting with the guy dressed as Spider-man and the kid (Dan) says something like "In honour of Flash I'm going to become Spidey's number 2 fan!" That would be a nice send off for Dan in issue 801, what do the members think?
    Hail Hydra!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    It's a done-in-one Spider-Man story that's everything I want to say about Spidey.

It's not an "event".
    There's nothing in it about One More Day or Clone Conspiracy or what-have-you.

It's a story.

And it might just be my favorite story of my ten and a half year run.

I think readers should go into it looking for a story. About Spidey.

I literally saved this one for last.
    Thanks for a great decade Dan...

kudos, and best of success on iron Man mr. slott.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    It's a done-in-one Spider-Man story that's everything I want to say about Spidey.

It's not an "event".
    There's nothing in it about One More Day or Clone Conspiracy or what-have-you.

It's a story.

And it might just be my favorite story of my ten and a half year run.

I think readers should go into it looking for a story. About Spidey.

I literally saved this one for last.

I like the sound of this! Looking fwd to your Iron Man run!