Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deadpool 2

Astonishing Member

Default Deadpool 2

Didn't see a thread for this, so moderators are free to merge this thread if another is pre-existing.

Anyway, Deadpool 2 hit screens in Australia today. Surprisingly, it had a remarkable degree of depth and emotional complexity. It isn't all gags. Is it funny? Yes. Although there wasn't as many laughs from the audience at my screening as there was for the original. Cable was awesome. Domino was as well (her afro didn't distract me as I initially feared.) The direction was on point as well. As was to be expected with Leitch at the helm. All in all a good sequel to a great film.

More to come once it opens in other territories.

Astonishing Member

Have seen it yesterday, where it premiered here in Germany.

At least as funny as the first one. Its really going nuts and its all fun, with a little depth here and there...

We were all laughing at the cinema I went to, was the biggest crowed I had seen in a long time.

I loved the movie, was perfect length, had great jokes, story was a bit repetitive but otherwise I couldn’t of asked for more.
    Straight Shot Mob

I just wanna know how Juggs looked. As good as colossus?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I just wanna know how Juggs looked. As good as colossus?
    The CGI was noticeable in some places. However it was miles above the Juggernaut we got in X-Men: The Last Stand. If Juggernaut can be achieved on Deadpool's budget, imagine what could be done with a X-Men movie. The characters I wish they had done more with were Black Tom and Shatterstar.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 05-17-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The CGI was noticeable in some places. However it was miles above the Juggernaut we got in X-Men: The Last Stand. If Juggernaut can be achieved on Deadpool's budget, imagine what could be done with a X-Men movie. The characters I wish they had done more with were Black Tom and Shatterstar.
    Yea Juggs has to be way harder to do then Colossus since he has skin showing. Was it classic Juggernaut or did they adapt his look a bit?

Thumbs up

I don't plan to see it due to the disrespect of the stuntwoman, Joi Harris being killed due to negligence. And according to people who stayed to the ending credits she wasn't even acknowledged for her work.

Incredible Member

I liked the first one better. Cable's vulgar joking didn't really fit the character, to me, but Domino was pretty flawless. The whole Russell plot and character did nothing for me, but the movie was really funny throughout with good meta-humor, and the action was great. It's a good movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea Juggs has to be way harder to do then Colossus since he has skin showing. Was it classic Juggernaut or did they adapt his look a bit?
    Classic Juggernaut in size, stature and speech. Although his armour wasn't red. More a grey, steel look.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    I liked the first one better. Cable's vulgar joking didn't really fit the character, to me, but Domino was pretty flawless. The whole Russell plot and character did nothing for me, but the movie was really funny throughout with good meta-humor, and the action was great. It's a good movie.
    Dudstep is for pussies!

What's really funny is that the kid who played Russell is the star of a Lynx ad here in Australia. Which is all I was picturing every time he was on screen. But yes, the meta-humour in this was on point. Although DC fans many not appreciate the number of times Deadpool pays out the DCU. I also loved when he payed out Liefeld.

Still flying

I saw it here on Tuesday in South Africa and I found it very disappointing and average. I honestly didn't like it. It was very much like Guardians of the galaxy 2 where it lacked structure and a real storyline only kicked in about halfway. Some of the jokes hit but there was way too many misses.

I loved Domino and Cable was cool but there was way too much fourth wall breaking that it just stop being funny and, to quote the film, some of the writing just got lazy.

The mid credits was very funny though.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Classic Juggernaut in size, stature and speech. Although his armour wasn't red. More a grey, steel look.
    And he wasn't full armored. Just the helmet and wrist pieces I think it was. Reports I read made it seem like he got taken out in 2 seconds, glad to see that wasn't the case as he is my all time favorite marvel villain.

Great movie though. I laughed more than the first one.

I think I was the only person in my theater who laughed at the 'can't draw feet' joke.

Lol great movie but think the first was better. That said if you liked Deadpool you should like this. Its nonstop fun. Just feel like the jokes didnt hit as hard as the first. But they still hit

However it was miles above the Juggernaut we got in X-Men: The Last Stand.
    Damning with some faint praise there

My big question was is he a mutant again or did they ever even specify what he was?

Loved it more than the first.