Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Apparently Viacom CEO which owns Paramount has said Bumblebee was "Solidly Profitable" where Last Knight lost 100 million dollars. So at least it looks like there is no going back to Bayformers.

Not a Transformers fan and haven't really seen the other films, but I really liked this one. Hope the make a sequel with the leads coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    It's such a major departure, though, that it might as well not be. I've done my best to wipe Bay's films out of my head so maybe I'm wrong but there was very little in Bumblebee that directly tied into Bay's movies, was there?
    The Transformers Wiki has a breakdown here of the connective tissue and inconsistencies, and there's arguably more of the latter then the former (admittedly, while I haven't seen the other movies beyond random clips and whatnot, it is my understanding that the movies are not very consistent with each other in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Also, with inevitable sequels to this coming up, I would much rather not have Bay's movies hovering over them.
    Don't blame you. (On the other hand, maybe the movies will just do their own thing anyways?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Also it seems this film tries to keep in continuity with Transformers 2007 but not caring about the sequels. Bay kept changing when the Autobots and Deceptions came to Earth and why each film it was mess like this films ignores the Last Knight stuff of Bumblebee fighting in WWII which is a good thing.
    While I haven't seen the first movie in its entirety (so I'm partially basing all this on hearsay), it is my understanding that it doesn't really fit with the '07 movie, Camero aside:

spoilers:
    In the first movie, Sector Seven was founded to study the frozen Megatron and the Allspark artifact, and reverse engineered them to create most modern-day tech. In Bumblebee, it's repeatedly stated and shown that Sector Seven had never encountered Transformers before, much less had access to Cybertronian technology (in fact, it's an important plot point that Sector Seven doesn't have any access to it).
    end of spoilers

Maybe you could explain it away, but there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Is there still any debate about this being a reboot? I mean, none of it fits with prior canon (that's a good thing, IMO)
    As I understand it, the Powers That Be have been reluctant to call it a reboot for whatever reason. Based on the interviews, they seem to regard the film franchise as one series irregardless of the internal continuity between the two and are more interested in the specific films being successes then anything else. I think it's more likely that the series will get rebooted by conversion (the originals get so overwritten they might as well be non-canon).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Apparently Viacom CEO which owns Paramount has said Bumblebee was "Solidly Profitable" where Last Knight lost 100 million dollars. So at least it looks like there is no going back to Bayformers.
    No loss, really. The only worthwhile takeway that Bay gave us was how profitable Transformers could be

It feels like to me they're going the Fox X-Men root of trying to connect everything while if there are some hiccups oh well.
    I think that was the idea all along with the sequels, only this time it may work in their favor instead of against them going forward. Like I posted Knight himself said he was trying to stay in line with the first movie, but I'll add maybe that's the only one he needs to worry about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Saw this the other day. How this is getting all the good reviews I don't understand. Seems like Transformers has turned from poor action movies to poor family kids movie franchise. The most exciting part was seeing the Transformers' new designs and only three main characters have them. Just a really mediocre film, but I suppose still a step forward for Transformers movies...
    Well, it should have been a kids' movie franchise from beginning. Considering it's based on toys. And people like it because it was a story that had heart and character rather than just sound and fury.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Well, it should have been a kids' movie franchise from beginning. Considering it's based on toys.
    I thought the movies were primarily geared towards adults who grew up with the franchise (and anyone else curious enough to give it a shot)? Even the Bumblebee movie has some rough bits and swearing that would arguably make it a teens on up film.

And people like it because it was a story that had heart and character rather than just sound and fury.
    That does seem to be a recurring opinion online.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Well, it should have been a kids' movie franchise from beginning. Considering it's based on toys. And people like it because it was a story that had heart and character rather than just sound and fury.
    I've never understood why people think that story telling should be bound by its inspiration. Hell, we only got the first Terminator because the writer had a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Nice to see that the movie did better then expected. If there is a sequel, I hope Charlie comes back for it, esp. since the actress has noted she'd be interested in it.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Two interesting bits of news one it seems it was a Reboot and not Prequel. Also China was a big help and it has made 459 million worldwide.

Two interesting bits of news one it seems it was a Reboot and not Prequel. Also China was a big help and it has made 459 million worldwide.
    Referring to the "new storytelling universe" label? While that could mean reboot (and I hope it does), it's pretty vague, esp. considering that the filmmakers have pretty consistently tried to muddy the issue and seem to want it both ways.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)