Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Catwoman #1 preview

https://nerdist.com/catwoman-1-pages...nes-exclusive/

Unlettered and uncolored right now.

Also: Selina is not wearing a ring. Make of that what you will.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-05-2018 at 08:44 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Her art is so gorgeous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

Yeah, this wedding's not happening

She's also intentionally gambling, because she's bored of her riches...perhaps she gambled away the ring?
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-05-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dat fashion tho
    CATW_1_E.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

I agree with okiedokiewo, it's gorgeous art. It isn't surprising that Selina isn't wearing a ring, since Selina and Bruce aren't getting married while Batman and Catwoman are. Selina wearing a wedding ring would defeat the whole purpose of that particular charade.

Man, that art (and Selina) look gorgeous .

Is that that same police detective who was always bothering Selina in the New 52?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I agree with okiedokiewo, it's gorgeous art. It isn't surprising that Selina isn't wearing a ring, since Selina and Bruce aren't getting married while Batman and Catwoman are. Selina wearing a wedding ring would defeat the whole purpose of that particular charade.
    I'm starting to think this wedding isn't going to be the big deal people think it is .

The elegant women. The peacock tapestry in the background of the gambling den. The fashion. So much pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm starting to think this wedding isn't going to be the big deal people think it is .
    But... "Bruce Wayne" and "Selina Kyle" are the masks for Batman and Catwoman so the two people who are "real" are entering wedlock.

It just so happens to be super convenient for DC if they want to separate them in the future without getting too messy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    But people know she and Catwoman are one and the same

This first look at the new costume in an actual comic book interior page and in "action" is my favorite peek of it so far. If they maintain this sleekness and elegance even when Jones is not drawing it then count me as a major fan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It just so happens to be super convenient for DC if they want to separate them in the future without getting too messy.
    They're going to be separated for a bit anyway if the solicits for Selina's ongoing are any big indication, and we know Bruce is alone in Doomsday Clock...sure we know they grow old together, but there's going to be a few immediate and messy bumps along the way before they're allowed to settle.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    But people know she and Catwoman are one and the same
    Since when has consistency or real world plausibility ever been a major hurdle for any story line the Big Two want to push? Never forget, we are talking about an entire universe of people who don't notice that Clark Kent looks exactly like Superman wearing glasses, or that Batman's Robins (and other apprentices) always eerily match Bruce Wayne's wards (and other social satellites) in coloring, body type, and voice. They didn't even pay attention when the ten-year old Middle Eastern Robin died at exactly the same time Bruce's ten-year old Middle Eastern son vanished from sight to "attend school in Europe," nor do they notice that the new Superboy is the spitting image of Jon Samuel Kent. Heck, to quote one of my favorite movies, the most they ever speculate is the that Batman might be Bruce Wayne...'s roommate.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 06-05-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Looks really great, and it feels like she has a take on Catwoman's personality that is both her own and firmly grounded in the character. And not only is the art really good, the visual storytelling is top-notch as well. If Joëlle Jones can keep up this quality, she's onto a classic here.

I also like the big sign in Spanish in the last frame.

Married people don't always where rings.
    Especially if they may create "problems" while "working".

Jones' body language for Selina is always so perfect. She's simply the perfect creator to take on a Catwoman series. I cannot wait to read this.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Isn't her wearing a ring something both her and Bruce don't want? Bruce is not going to wear his so I don't see Selina doing the opposite.

Gorgeous art though.