Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Isn't her wearing a ring something both her and Bruce don't want? Bruce is not going to wear his so I don't see Selina doing the opposite.
    Traditionally, men in the past were not as likely to wear a wedding band.
    (When you think about it, it is less $'s to buy just a wedding band for the woman than to buy a set of his-hers bands for both of them. And back in the earlier half+ of the last century, it was not all that uncommon for the man to be the primary/only wage earner for a household, so saving the money wouldn't be illogical.)

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    But... "Bruce Wayne" and "Selina Kyle" are the masks for Batman and Catwoman so the two people who are "real" are entering wedlock.
    Well, I don't think that's exactly the case (especially Catwoman, where I'd say "Selina" is as real as "Catwoman" is), but ultimately it does sound like it's going to be more symbolically binding then legally binding.

Which means writers will probably not feel as averse to have the two in their public identities continue to act their "parts" or potentially have other love interests.
    This first look at the new costume in an actual comic book interior page and in "action" is my favorite peek of it so far. If they maintain this sleekness and elegance even when Jones is not drawing it then count me as a major fan.

It really does look like the Returns costume.

(Almost didn't notice the exposed armpits).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which means writers will probably not feel as averse to have the two in their public identities continue to act their "parts" or potentially have other love interests.
    I don't think they'll go there as long as BatCat are still together. Or if they do, it will be acknowledged as cheating I think.

BANNED

I don't think they'll go there as long as BatCat are still together. Or if they do, it will be acknowledged as cheating I think.
    After those issues with Wonder Woman, I doubt either Bruce or Selina would bring themselves to cheat.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-05-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Fantastic Member

Why have this marriage thing it is a farce. So it is just symbolic huh so catwoman gets to fool around why batman can not I guess that is their ploy. Just goes to show how much a farce this so called marriage is

Fantastic Member

Yeah right they say selina is bi sexual so if she cheats with a woman that would be okay and bruce would supposedly be okay with it because of reasons and our modern times and marriage is just whatever that is what I am thinking the writers will do

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    Why have this marriage thing it is a farce. So it is just symbolic huh so catwoman gets to fool around why batman can not I guess that is their ploy. Just goes to show how much a farce this so called marriage is
    It pretty much could be The Doctor and River Song's relationship in Doctor Who...which is surprising considering it's a family show that leaves a big impression on children.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-05-2018 at 12:10 PM.

I dunno. I feel like this opens the door to Selina being as flirtatious with people as she usually is, without having to feel as guilty as she would be if she were actually committing an extra-marital affair.

Do you think you should read a few issues after they're "married" before you judge what it actually is?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Do you think you should read a few issues after they're "married" before you judge what it actually is?
    quoted for truth!
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah right they say selina is bi sexual so if she cheats with a woman that would be okay and bruce would supposedly be okay with it because of reasons and our modern times and marriage is just whatever that is what I am thinking the writers will do
    Where did all this come from?

The only thing these pages tell, on top of the story set up, is she's not wearing a ring while in public in a story where she's trying to investigate an impostor Catwoman.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-05-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

For all we know, those pages were chosen and altered to drum up more interest (and thus sales) for Batman #50. Not saying that's what happened, but we don't really have any leaks one way or the other, so nobody knows. It's close enough that we should just wait and see before brandishing pitchforks.

That said, damn that book looks good already and I'm eager to see the first issue.

Also worth noting that itn is not Selina and Bruce who are getting engaged, but Batman and Catwoman.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    For all we know, those pages were chosen and altered to drum up more interest (and thus sales) for Batman #50. Not saying that's what happened, but we don't really have any leaks one way or the other, so nobody knows.
    Yes, I'm sure DC is so antsy about how well that issue will sell...
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I don't think that's exactly the case (especially Catwoman, where I'd say "Selina" is as real as "Catwoman" is), but ultimately it does sound like it's going to be more symbolically binding then legally binding.

It really does look like the Returns costume.

(Almost didn't notice the exposed armpits).
    That's the inspiration. Joelle already announced that. She keeps Batman Returns Catwoman artwork and sketches around her.