Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I agree with okiedokiewo, it's gorgeous art. It isn't surprising that Selina isn't wearing a ring, since Selina and Bruce aren't getting married while Batman and Catwoman are. Selina wearing a wedding ring would defeat the whole purpose of that particular charade.
    That's a good point. Although (if they do indeed get hitched in their civilian lives) wouldn't this pose a problem of blowing their cover if either Batman or Catwoman ends up in a dire situation? I mean I couldn't hold back if I saw my spouse near death for example.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    That's a good point. Although (if they do indeed get hitched in their civilian lives) wouldn't this pose a problem of blowing their cover if either Batman or Catwoman ends up in a dire situation? I mean I couldn't hold back if I saw my spouse near death for example.
    That's the fun part. How and how long can they keep this up. Cancelling the marriage right now would be the least interesting story path. Seeing how they will handle this mess is exciting.

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

I'm sooo excited for this book! The art is just gorgeous!!

It reminds me of the Darwyn Cooke days, where Selina was just so fashionably dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That's the fun part. How and how long can they keep this up. Cancelling the marriage right now would be the least interesting story path. Seeing how they will handle this mess is exciting.
    I agree if they don't go through with the marriage from a narrative standpoint, and everything else works out just fine (seeing how for example Selina is obviously still alive and kicking post-marriage date), it is simply the most boring route that can be taken on the part of the DC Office.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Do you think you should read a few issues after they're "married" before you judge what it actually is?
    Well if the kiss / flirtations with Carnie in exchange for entry is any indication [from the double date issue]. then there is some truth in his speculations.

I know they weren't married then, just engaged and flirting with carnival men is not the same as adultery but it's still not what I would expect from a bride-to-be unless they are swingers.

Fantastic art. The lack of wedding ring isn't a big deal. I lot of married people choose not to wear one for whatever reason.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-05-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Also worth noting that itn is not Selina and Bruce who are getting engaged, but Batman and Catwoman.
    Really I always assume it was Bruce and Salina. I need to do a reread then

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Yes, I'm sure DC is so antsy about how well that issue will sell...
    Not that they're antsy so much as wanting even more sales. Drum up even more interest, etc.
    Last edited by Robanker; 06-05-2018 at 10:10 PM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Well if the kiss / flirtations with Carnie in exchange for entry is any indication [from the double date issue]. then there is some truth in his speculations.

I know they weren't married then, just engaged and flirting with carnival men is not the same as adultery but it's still not what I would expect from a bride-to-be unless they are swingers.

Fantastic art. The lack of wedding ring isn't a big deal. I lot of married people choose not to wear one for whatever reason.
    If anyone read Action Comics it seems Clark gives his wedding ring to Lois for safe keeping when he's Superman. So it's probably the same for Selina.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-05-2018 at 10:34 PM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Hey guys! Here is the Artgerm's variant cover for Catwoman #1

Artgerm's Variant for Catwoman #1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Hey guys! Here is the Artgerm's variant cover for Catwoman #1

Artgerm's Variant for Catwoman #1.jpg
    Still lookin good

BANNED

The preview looks nice, I like that they sort of went back to the Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman look.

Been trying to steer clear of Batbooks for a while but I might check out the first few issues at least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Really I always assume it was Bruce and Salina. I need to do a reread then
    It's cemented in the pages of Nightwing vs Hush

BANNED

From DC Nation#1

"I am excited to let Selina stretch her legs again and undertake the challenge of what her new role is in the criminal underworld, given all the things that have been going on with her in the last year, I'm not sure if you heard about any of that...but marriage is a big step"

Diceus

I love her current costume. Its her best outfit imo along with her Batman Returns get up. I've always thought if she was placed in this current franchise that she would look something like her current comic costume.They're big depending on who draws them. Jim Lee went smaller.
    Catwoman72.jpg
    The point stands that her current costume is the most movie friendly
    Cheers,Diceus

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    From DC Nation#1
    Who said this? Where is DC Nation #1?

I don't understand what you are trying to say by placing this quote here.