Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I assume if the Depp movie had done better they should have made it, as they did with Alice Through The Looking Glass. But given it's basically Willy Wonka does Alien, I'm surprised it hasn't ever happened before...

I think a Minpins live action movie is inevitable in the next few years, given the tech to make tiny people would be easy now...
    it'll be something lacking creativity like a Honey I Shrunk the Kids reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Monster Squad makes those two movie look like cow ****.
    True to that. You would think someone out there today could make a decent movie with the classic Universal Monsters.

Why won't anyone ever touch Great Glass Elevator? Vermicious knids are out there, I just know it. We need a movie to spread the word.
    That's what I was thinking. There is a second book. Also why are we getting these new made up wizard of oz stories when there were over 18 oz books! Why not use them?

it'll be something lacking creativity like a Honey I Shrunk the Kids reboot.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/honey-i-shr...e-kids-remake/

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'd love to see a good adaptation of the other Oz books... Baum's are all in the public domain. But there would be so much pressure to make them more "contemporary" by adding odd bits of sex and violence and cynicism, even if they were aimed at kids. We'd probably get Dorothy posting stuff to Instagram and Munchkins line dancing to a hip-hop track.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    That's what I was thinking. There is a second book. Also why are we getting these new made up wizard of oz stories when there were over 18 oz books! Why not use them?

http://www.slashfilm.com/honey-i-shr...e-kids-remake/
    sonuva[bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppp]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some things are just products of their time and should be left alone at that. It'll be a miracle if these movies succeed.

As hohum as Dracula Untold was, its a masterpiece compared with Van Helsing.
    I'm going to flip that around on you. I thought Van Helsing was a much better movie. It could have even been a legitimately good movie had they toned down a LOT of the CG and went with practice effects for their monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm going to flip that around on you. I thought Van Helsing was a much better movie. It could have even been a legitimately good movie had they toned down a LOT of the CG and went with practice effects for their monsters.
    I couldn't decide if Van Helsing was supposed to be a dark horror movie, just a fun supernatural action flick, or a parody.

As bland as Dracula Untold was, it's tone was consistent.

Disagree with you on that. Practical effects versus CGI wasn't the problem with Van Helsing. A good movie is a good movie regardless of the quality or type of effects.

A good movie is a good movie regardless of the quality or type of effects.
    Good effects or bad effects can make or ruin a movie.

On a similar notes, bad practical effects will always have more charm than bad CG.

On a similar notes, bad practical effects will always have more charm than bad CG.
    Bad or good practical effects, Van Helsing was a bad movie. Besides, it came out in a time when the GA just wanted CG, so replacing them with equivalent practical wouldn't have helped.

I vehemently disagree. Bad effects are bad effects, doesn't matter if they're CGI or practical.

And unless the movie is heavily reliant on visuals, bad effects don't ruin movies.

I am quite unsettled by the thought of them tackling Wonka meeting the Oompa Loompas.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Why won't anyone ever touch Great Glass Elevator? Vermicious knids are out there, I just know it. We need a movie to spread the word.
    Didn't Dahl forbid that from ever being adapted?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'd love to see a good adaptation of the other Oz books... Baum's are all in the public domain. But there would be so much pressure to make them more "contemporary" by adding odd bits of sex and violence and cynicism, even if they were aimed at kids. We'd probably get Dorothy posting stuff to Instagram and Munchkins line dancing to a hip-hop track.
    I don't know whether I'd like to see it or not, but there is potential to do Ozma/Tip as a trans character. The TV show Emerald City...kind of went there?

I can't wait to see the big dramatic scene where Willy Wonka has to fill out forms for a business license.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

That will be the first half hours plot!

Just keep the dentist dad from the remake away from this!