Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Willy Wonka remake is now a prequal about young wonka.

It worked so well for solo right? The new Wonka remake is now a "young willy Wonka" movie. Three stars are getting looked at to play Wonka.

Someday someone is going to make an Uncle Ben prequel. I'm sure of it.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Will it tell the story of how he hunted down oompa loompas and slapped them in irons?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Are they also going to dig up Roald Dahl's corpse and tie it to a stake so they can throw dog poo at it? Because they might as well do that while they're at it.

...and another classic and one of my favorite movies when I was a kid, is about to get ruined.

Why can't they leave things alone?

And knowing Hollywood, they'll cast a woman to play Willy Wonka, because, what could go wrong?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Why are they looking for a man to play Willy Wonka? Why aren't they looking for a female?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

didn't learn from that great and powerful Oz movie, huh? they'll pick Glover. and diversity will be blamed for the movie's failure; despite it just being an overall dumb idea.

Astonishing Member

Is nothing sacred?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Someday someone is going to make an Uncle Ben prequel. I'm sure of it.
    They need to make it now while Sean Bean can still play him

Well they waited till Gene died so he couldn't call it crap like he did the Burton film.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

UGH......another terrible Willy Wonka is coming. There is one true Wonka and its Gene Wilder.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I assume we can stick this next to Mowgii and that planned movie where they reveal Alice and Peter Pan are siblings in a Wonderland/Neverland Prequel film?

No one asked for this, no one wants this, most people automatically will think this is a bad idea and that it won't do well, so why on God's green earth are they green-lighting this? Will their rights expire or something if they don't? Let them, there's nothing left there to tap, there will only ever be one classic.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    UGH......another terrible Willy Wonka is coming. There is one true Wonka and its Gene Wilder.
    That’s right! Amen!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Donald Grover makes a decent Willy Wonka.
    I think the thought of this movie is ridiculous, but anyway..I think Glover would be a bit less than decent and like his time as Lando will feel like he's doing a bit. I love what the guy is doing right now, but I feel like people are dismissing his limitations due to him being hot right now.

I'm also guessing they saw the Teddy Perkins episode of Atlanta and thought he could bring this to life. I mean, eh. He would need more than that. Maybe swap the eccentricity for a mysterious smarmyness and it might work in his favor.