Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Meh. Like Wolverine, undoubtedly the most popular and recognizable of the Marvel mutants, needs new powers to make his return a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Really your giving him more powers.... hes already op to the point its hard to give him a decent fight and your making him stronger.
    Wolverine healing factor is as strong as they writter want him to be, he can just put him at the levels that he has in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    How about a return to the brown and tan too. S tired of the bumblebee suit.
    Agree! Love the brown and tan...they could at least give us an updated version of it, just like they updated the yellow and blue one.

BANNED

How about a return to the brown and tan too. S tired of the bumblebee suit.
    Not only is he still wearing the Pikachu outfit, he's also wearing (with the exception of the belt instead of underwear) the extremely over the top Jim Lee version instead of the much more subdued Cassaday variant.

But obviously, the Gold, New Mutants and Jean's looks should've prepared everyone for this silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Not only is he still wearing the Pikachu outfit, he's also wearing (with the exception of the belt instead of underwear) the extremely over the top Jim Lee version instead of the much more subdued Cassaday variant.

But obviously, the Gold, New Mutants and Jean's looks should've prepared everyone for this silliness.
    Oh god I didn’t notice the boot wings returned. I hope that’s a variant cover.

BANNED

90s boots and shoulder pads are back baby!!!

Finally the real deal is back

No more pretenders

Ok, i just noticed the fact that it is a 5 issues mini, so my guest is than the "Microwave Claws" are just going to last for that story in particular before bringin him back to a more classic status quo for him.

BANNED

I was kind of hoping for a surprise on the writing end - someone like Duggan or Cates, maybe - but I like Soule just fine and as he's written the Death of and has been spearheading the Hunt For Wolverine, it makes total sense that he'd be at the wheel of Logan's return. If he weren't, that'd actually be a bit strange. And, of course, no complaints with McNiven on art.

As for the claws heating up thing, I'd say it's best to wait and see how that plays out in the book and what it actually entails before having an opinion on it. It sounds silly, sure, but so does the idea of a mutant with a skeleton made of imaginary metal who pops out big claws in order to slash his opponents.

Seems that we called it that there’d be another mini that leads into his return before we can finally get a solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I was kind of hoping for a surprise on the writing end - someone like Duggan or Cates, maybe - but I like Soule just fine and as he's written the Death of and has been spearheading the Hunt For Wolverine, it makes total sense that he'd be at the wheel of Logan's return. If he weren't, that'd actually be a bit strange. And, of course, no complaints with McNiven on art.

As for the claws heating up thing, I'd say it's best to wait and see how that plays out in the book and what it actually entails before having an opinion on it. It sounds silly, sure, but so does the idea of a mutant with a skeleton made of imaginary metal who pops out big claws in order to slash his opponents.
    It’s silly because it’s pointless what does it add to claws that can already cut through anything.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

The creative team for this is great, but “hot claws”? I’ll have to see what that looks like in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

I still think that is just a temporal gimmick.

It would be like giving Colossus a healing factor when he’s armored up.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Really your giving him more powers.... hes already op to the point its hard to give him a decent fight and your making him stronger.
    My feelings exactly. But he's Marvel's Mary Sue. So he's gotta be better than everyone.

But even the hot claws doesn't sound as lame as the Hulkerine we got running around.

BANNED

It’s silly because it’s pointless what does it add to claws that can already cut through anything.
    As I said, probably good to wait and see how it plays out in the book before judging.

Maybe it isn't even meant to be an offensive capability, maybe it's some by product of his resurrection that makes it difficult for Logan to function.

Who knows? I'm willing to wait and read the story before jumping to conclusions.